[Q] Rooted phone. Any custom roms for this phone to flash?

Best stable rom for grand and grand quattro

• Omnirom

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cyanogen Mod

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

AKANFatality

Mar 4, 2014
Jaipur
So i successfully rooted my phone using odin and cwm recovery. i am on stock rom 4.1.2.

Can anyone please refer to a rom anyone used on this phone and it worked without many bugs.

i searched for cm11 but it still has many bugs on this phone so i ignored it. Please refer to me roms that have a newer version on android only. I dont want customised stock roms. just omniroms or maybe cm10.2. Thanks everyone!:laugh:

Shrukul

Mar 2, 2014
Hubli
So i successfully rooted my phone using odin and cwm recovery. i am on stock rom 4.1.2.

Can anyone please refer to a rom anyone used on this phone and it worked without many bugs.

i searched for cm11 but it still has many bugs on this phone so i ignored it. Please refer to me roms that have a newer version on android only. I dont want customised stock roms. just omniroms or maybe cm10.2. Thanks everyone!:laugh:

presently der are no cm or omni roms... :( but u can go for jasp hd or s4thewin roms.. dey are really good.. speaking abt cm 10.2, i myself am trying to build it and if everything goes as planned, Great!!

AKANFatality

Mar 4, 2014
Jaipur
Bionic Monkey

presently der are no cm or omni roms... :( but u can go for jasp hd or s4thewin roms.. dey are really good.. speaking abt cm 10.2, i myself am trying to build it and if everything goes as planned, Great!!

Well I found one. Its called the bionic monkey. Its based on cyanogenmod i guess. Built especially for our device. :laugh: with the Kitkat 4.4

freitaz

Jan 21, 2014
Manaus, AM
Well I found one. Its called the bionic monkey. Its based on cyanogenmod i guess. Built especially for our device. :laugh: with the Kitkat 4.4
Interesting. Nice find, I didn't know this one. I will test to see if it's really KitKat :good:

Edit: it is a beautiful ROM, but it isn't KitKat. It's the same Android JB we all have in our devices. I'm considering to keep it installed.

Last edited:

freitaz

Jan 21, 2014
Manaus, AM
@freitaz Did you flash that in i8552? :confused: What's your review on it.
Yes, I tested. Let me write a little review.

I would say Bionic Monkey (the name of the rom) is a stock-based rom, with some interesting mods. By default the rom changes the DPI, so more things fit on screen. Some apps are KitKat-themed, like contacts or dialer. The stock launcher was replaced by Google Experience Launcher. It's also pre-rooted and has support to multiwindow. I didn't test multiwindow, but I think it's nice on that rom because of DPI.
The major disadvantage is that the rom is not KitKat, despite the system info. You can test it by installing any app only for KitKat - it will refuse to install.

So, in general, it's a good rom for daily use, so you might give it a try.

Reactions: mysteryno46

AKANFatality

Mar 4, 2014
Jaipur

I would say Bionic Monkey (the name of the rom) is a stock-based rom, with some interesting mods. By default the rom changes the DPI, so more things fit on screen. Some apps are KitKat-themed, like contacts or dialer. The stock launcher was replaced by Google Experience Launcher. It's also pre-rooted and has support to multiwindow. I didn't test multiwindow, but I think it's nice on that rom because of DPI.
The major disadvantage is that the rom is not KitKat, despite the system info. You can test it by installing any app only for KitKat - it will refuse to install.

do u have a kitkat rom in sight for this phone? (stable enough)
update: did u try this one? http://xdaforums.com/grand-quattro/orig-development/dev-cyanogenmod-11-0-t2802701

Last edited:

freitaz

Jan 21, 2014
Manaus, AM
do u have a kitkat rom in sight for this phone? (stable enough)
update: did u try this one? http://xdaforums.com/grand-quattro/orig-development/dev-cyanogenmod-11-0-t2802701
There's no KK for us, at least for now. All the roms that claim to be any Android higher than 4.1.2 are actually themed roms with mods on build.prop, but in fact they are Android 4.1.2.
The exception is CM (the one in link provided by you), that is KK in fact. But is still unstable and not suited for daily use.

AKANFatality

Mar 4, 2014
Jaipur
There's no KK for us, at least for now. All the roms that claim to be any Android higher than 4.1.2 are actually themed roms with mods on build.prop, but in fact they are Android 4.1.2.
The exception is CM (the one in link provided by you), that is KK in fact. But is still unstable and not suited for daily use.
what about cm 10.2?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    well its nice, much lighter than the original stock rom. Plus its better and much sleeker than the touchwiz. Although its not a major upgrade like cyanogenmod. But yeah, worth more than the stock rom. One of the cleanest rom for grand quattro :good: