[Q] Does anyone watch Netflix via VPN on fire tv ?

Search This thread

blackantt

Sep 1, 2014
Hi,

I am out of USA. I want to watch netflix via VPN on fire tv.

1.all of traffic will go through the VPN or just verify info go through the VPN ?
2. I am wondering how many traffic It needs every month via VPN?
3. Does VPN affect the speed ?

thanks

xtrememc8

Nov 30, 2011
Hi,

1.all of traffic will go through the VPN or just verify info go through the VPN ?

thanks

VPN will affect all of traffic
Most (paid) VPN services don't limit your bandwidth
Yes but it's not noticeable.

I actually set up my own VPN following this guide so I have unlimited bandwidth and very good download speed and it costs me only $5/mo.

forestrat

Sep 1, 2014
I've used unblock-us for MLB.tv on the fire seamlessly for a month or so now.... very happy with it.

I only change the primary DNS on the fire to unblock-us and leave the secondary on my local ISP.

uktuatara

Aug 19, 2009
Hi,

thanks

I'm based in NZ with FireTV using unlock-us, streaming Netflix, Amazon Prime and iPlayer. Speed is not noticeably a problem, and with unblock-us I have the ability to 'exist' in the UK and the US at the same time so I can use both countries services.

It's a simply DNS change so not encrypting any traffic, just masking your location so you can view blocked resources.

modstore

Sep 3, 2014
I'm based in NZ with FireTV using unlock-us, streaming Netflix, Amazon Prime and iPlayer. Speed is not noticeably a problem, and with unblock-us I have the ability to 'exist' in the UK and the US at the same time so I can use both countries services.

It's a simply DNS change so not encrypting any traffic, just masking your location so you can view blocked resources.

How did you install the Netflix app? I tried from the Amazon store, but it is still restricted by region. I use unotelly (similar to unblock-us).

modstore

Sep 3, 2014
Thanks, it turned out my issue was that me Amazon account was an amazon.com.au account. I created a US based Amazon account and changed to that and all was good.