[Q] Why can't i connect using the usb?

Search This thread

VH99

May 11, 2011
Houston
Well guys i have a big problem. Its shouldn't be that big considering its a connection problem, but i can't seem to be able to fix it. I've been trying to connect to my laptop/desktop using the supplied micro usb and a blackberry micro usb, but it won't let me transfer files. the option to turn on storage doesn't even pop up on the notifications. it charges but thats it. i have all necessary drivers and the USB debugging option is checked. Any info or help would be welcome thanks!! :(

VH99

May 11, 2011
Houston
was running Stock froyo rooted. Then tried with Eagles Blood 1.05 Froyo.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App

fanatiq55

Jul 3, 2011

USB Debugging should be unchecked and Mass Storage is Checked.

Settings > Phone Storage > Mass Storage only = Checked.

hope this helps.

wakeboarder8156

Jan 31, 2010
Mine wouldn't connect until i reinstalled the LG T-Mobile G2x drivers and now it mounts every time. The drivers in the updater tool installed the 3.2.1 drivers which is for the G-slate. You need the 2.2 drivers which are for the G2x, if you need them just pm me and i can send them to you.

VH99

May 11, 2011
Houston
i deleted and reinstalled the 2.2 drivers with no success. im starting to think there's something wrong with my phone. But it could also be that i'm now running the Gingerbread leak from yesterday. rooted and working perfectly... well almost. i just need to get usb connection working.

Apr 20, 2011
Portland
Similar issue. This worked for me on Win 7.

Uninstall the LG Drivers and reinstall the G2x 2.2 package from LG.COM /us/support/mc-support/mobile-phone-support.jsp (I can't post links)

Plug the phone in and go to Device Manager. There should be a USB Composite Device that is not properly installed. Right click it and select Update Driver Software.

Select 'Browse my computer', then 'Let me pick'. Choose have disk, and browse to where the LG Drivers are installed. Likely C:\Program Files\LG Electronics\LG United Mobile Driver\ and select lgbus9x.inf.

Then pick LGE Android Platform Composite USB Device from the list of drivers. Should be the top option. Hit next.

I let it sit for a minute while the drivers installed. Some things registered in device manager right away, the LGE USB Modem for one. But, the drives didn't. Unplugged the phone, plugged it back in, and the drives popped up under Portable Devices.

Last edited:

VH99

May 11, 2011
Houston
@conspirator_boff i tried ur steps, but i couldn't find the USB Composite Device in the list of the USB Controllers in Device manager. Am i missing a step?

Apr 20, 2011
Portland
Humm, depending how it is connected it could have a different name. Do you have anything that isn't installed properly?

Also, if you haven't, you might want to look into mother board / system driver updates.

dilwaala

Apr 22, 2011
Edinburgh
I'm in exactly the same boat. Running on Win 7 64 bit.. tried both 2.3 and 2.2 drivers but no luck. It doesn't get detected AT ALL. Tried with 3 different USB Cable on 3 different ports. I can connect other phones to the same port/cable without any issues.

I suspect there is actually something wrong with the phone or with a specific batch of phones. I googled around and read about a couple (husband and wife) who connected both their G2x's to the same computer on the same port/cable 1 at a time. One always worked, and the other never worked. I believe he eventually returned it and got a new one which worked fine.

We may have ended up with the ones from a bad batch?

Last edited:

dilwaala

Apr 22, 2011
Edinburgh
I believe so... but why did it happen until now? I've had it since 2 weeks after launch, and this was the first time it happened. I guess ill call CS to get a replacement.

Hmm interesting. I can't say the same for mine since this was the very first time I actually connected it up to the computer. Mine is completely stock and I bought it at launch.

dilwaala

Apr 22, 2011
Edinburgh
Just to give you guys an update:
I took my G2x to a local T-Mobile store. They tested my phone out on their own computers and it did not mount via USB. They ordered a replacement phone so it is actually an issue for some people and not drivers/system setup. Apparently I was the 3rd case that the store had encountered.

VH99

May 11, 2011
Houston
Just to give you guys an update:
I took my G2x to a local T-Mobile store. They tested my phone out on their own computers and it did not mount via USB. They ordered a replacement phone so it is actually an issue for some people and not drivers/system setup. Apparently I was the 3rd case that the store had encountered.

I might do that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Similar issue. This worked for me on Win 7.

Uninstall the LG Drivers and reinstall the G2x 2.2 package from LG.COM /us/support/mc-support/mobile-phone-support.jsp (I can't post links)

Plug the phone in and go to Device Manager. There should be a USB Composite Device that is not properly installed. Right click it and select Update Driver Software.

Select 'Browse my computer', then 'Let me pick'. Choose have disk, and browse to where the LG Drivers are installed. Likely C:\Program Files\LG Electronics\LG United Mobile Driver\ and select lgbus9x.inf.

Then pick LGE Android Platform Composite USB Device from the list of drivers. Should be the top option. Hit next.

I let it sit for a minute while the drivers installed. Some things registered in device manager right away, the LGE USB Modem for one. But, the drives didn't. Unplugged the phone, plugged it back in, and the drives popped up under Portable Devices.