[Q] Xperia S' screen problems

Search This thread

dachao

Oct 28, 2010
The most I found here was Week 13 with yellow tint. Not sure how is Canadian with Rogers?Haven't seen any report.

My white XS is from week 8. Got a big yellow patch on the bottom by the slide bar and all the way around the frame of the screen.
On the ESATO forums and on the official Sony form there are a lot pf people complain about yellow on phones that range almost over all the production weeks of the initial release.

Anybody from Canada with a XS!! What weeks was it mad in and and any screen problems?

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

You know that $185 is a flat fee for any repair or phone. They didn't even offer that to me. My Yellow tint is very discomforting since its always there.

Mine too. it never completely goes away. I live in Utah and in the summer the average ambient temperature is around 100F (38C). I am worried that the yellow spot will get bigger and bigger.

Nimche

Dec 5, 2008
San Diego, CA
My white XS is from week 8. Got a big yellow patch on the bottom by the slide bar and all the way around the frame of the screen.
On the ESATO forums and on the official Sony form there are a lot pf people complain about yellow on phones that range almost over all the production weeks of the initial release.

Anybody from Canada with a XS!! What weeks was it mad in and and any screen problems?

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

Mine too. it never completely goes away. I live in Utah and in the summer the average ambient temperature is around 100F (38C). I am worried that the yellow spot will get bigger and bigger.

Canada was Week 14 production. But they are locked to Rogers..

I am looking at the temp. on the phone (widget) and it goes to 27C and permanent upper yellow tint is still there. When I get to 34 yellowness starts appearing.

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
It is not looking good with the XS screens (yellow tint). As you can read on the official Sony Mobile forum there is no solution to the problem. Some of the XS owners had there phones replaced several times and also repaired and the yellow tint appears again after a few days of use.

I am completely out of luck since I ordered my phone online form Hong Kong and Sony is refusing service. the phone is from Hong Kong and I even have a commercial invoice for the phone.
Below is the email i got form the service center in Hong Kong:

Thanks for using Sony Xperia Support email service.

According to your mobile information, unfortunately your phone is confirmed as a non-Hong Kong official good, and the dealer is not our authorized retailer in Hong Kong. In another words, your phone’s warranty cannot be covered in Hong Kong. Customer Service Center does not receive overseas delivery repair case in accordance with Customer Service Center oversea delivery repair regulations as phone is non-Hong Kong official good.

If you have any further enquiry, please feel free to contact us again.
Thanks again for your email.

I was so looking forward to this phone after my X10 broke but it turned out to be a big disappointment.

What is the name of the shop.

Buying a phone direct from hong kong does not neccessory mean it's a official hong kong stock, does the box have any stickers from TSO, synergy or a sony official sticker, if no then you also have a imported phone.

Over 50% of hong kong shops sells imported stock, including the most famous expansys, the stock is released eariler than official one's and the profit margin is greater.

Last edited:

Nimche

Dec 5, 2008
San Diego, CA

Buying a phone direct from hong kong does not neccessory mean it's a official hong kong stock, does the box have any stickers from TSO, synergy or a sony official sticker, if no then you also have a imported phone.

Over 50% of hong kong shops sells imported stock, including the most famous expansys, the stock is released eariler than official one's and the profit margin is greater.

To me the whole concept of this is ridiculous. Sony acts like that we have gone to moon and bought some knockoffs that are just look like Sony phone.

on the other hand rest of us struggling with their third and forth replacement and still having issues with wonderful Yellow tint.

dachao

Oct 28, 2010

All the documentation that cam with the phone was from Hong Kong. The warranty registration card is from Hong Kong but the phone is a non-Hong Kong good !!!

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
To me the whole concept of this is ridiculous. Sony acts like that we have gone to moon and bought some knockoffs that are just look like Sony phone.

on the other hand rest of us struggling with their third and forth replacement and still having issues with wonderful Yellow tint.

as I said in my other post, it's not just sony, allthe major brands in hong kong operate the same, there are to many business dealing with imported phones, hong kong are losing business due to imported goods.

Have you read the recent case about the galaxy nexus, in japan it was a total flop, and majority of the japanese stock was imported to hong kong.

official stock at HKD5080
imported stock HKD3600

you see the price differences, so samsung took the step and reduced the hong kong stock to HKD 3680 and includes a second battery, just to deal with imported stock.

now the prices are.

official stock HKD 3680
imported stock HKD 3100-3600

And just one more question, even if your phone is a official stock, how are you gonna do the repair, there is no mail in service.

kms

---------- Post added at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 AM ----------

All the documentation that cam with the phone was from Hong Kong. The warranty registration card is from Hong Kong but the phone is a non-Hong Kong good !!!

what documents, are they the sony ones or are they provided by the shop, does the box contain any stickers which relates to hong kong service center.

Last edited:

dachao

Oct 28, 2010
DSC_0081.jpg

this document

it even has the Hong Kong service center number on it.

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
DSC_0081.jpg

this document

it even has the Hong Kong service center number on it.

that looks legit to me, but i didn't get it with any of my se phones, what is the name of the shop you got the phone from.

can you pm me your full imei, i'm popping over to the service center today or tmr to sort out my SE xperia ray, so i can check out you imei.

i will also check out that leaflet.

Last edited:

Nimche

Dec 5, 2008
San Diego, CA
that looks legit to me, what is the name of the shop you got the phone from.

can you pm me your full imei, i'm popping over to the service center today or tmr to sort out my SE xperia ray, so i can check out you imei.

I bought off ebay. Seller has bought it from his vendor. IMEI check in the US returned Hong Kong. But in either case they won't accept mail in service.

kms108

Sep 16, 2007

Nimche

Dec 5, 2008
San Diego, CA

Nimche

Dec 5, 2008
San Diego, CA
we are not the only ones that Sony is refusing the service to.

I know. Before my intention was to raise some awareness since I know Sony is reading these posts and in fact there are lots of Sony employees among us and we could probably figure something out with Sony. But people with tint issue which can not return their phones for service don't like to make that much noise.

So only two of us here.

dachao

Oct 28, 2010
I know. Before my intention was to raise some awareness since I know Sony is reading these posts and in fact there are lots of Sony employees among us and we could probably figure something out with Sony. But people with tint issue which can not return their phones for service don't like to make that much noise.

So only two of us here.

two of us here but hundreds of people here.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/community/support/xperia_2012_family/xperia_s

dachao

Oct 28, 2010
I know, you may even seen some of my post there. Sony rep came basically said that this is it and our fault. Then Mod there said almost the same thing.

I don't think there is anything that we can do?

I agree that there is not much we can do. Since this phone was part of the joint venture with Ericsson I think that Sony is not really concerned about it.

I just got a Sony laptop the other day and it comes with a Global warranty. I did not check the warranty on my Tablet S but it is a US model so I am not worried about it.

Hopefully things will be better in the future as Sony fully takes over the mobile business. I think that the warranty policy might change to a global one.

Nimche

Dec 5, 2008
San Diego, CA
I agree that there is not much we can do. Since this phone was part of the joint venture with Ericsson I think that Sony is not really concerned about it.

I just got a Sony laptop the other day and it comes with a Global warranty. I did not check the warranty on my Tablet S but it is a US model so I am not worried about it.

Hopefully things will be better in the future as Sony fully takes over the mobile business. I think that the warranty policy might change to a global one.

I wondered about the same thing since in past I never had issue with warranty issue so I asked the Sony rep in store and he exactly told me the same thing but I guess phones because the very same reason you mentioned are an exception for the time being.

How do you like that Tablet S? I may wait for the second generation.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone,

I'm writing this info to help as asked by "alsaqr", very nice guy. :)

I bought the Rogers's version. I do not have the yellow tint problem. Here's the following information on the device.

The number is 6 for Touch Firmware
    The letters above the 12W14 are ABAE

I hope this helps. :)
    Good Job SONY!

Batch ACAC 12W22, Anyone else got this ? Hows your screen ?

All AC doesn't have yellow tint/screen issue. I can confirm it because I have ACAG, my phone is 3 weeks old and I'm playing HD games like MC3, N.O.V.A. 3, Sahdowgun etc.. to the point that my phone reaches (I think the hottest temperature) but no yellow tint/spots/screen issues. :good: thumbs up for SONY!
    Thanks , I have touch firmware number 6 , so i dont have to worry as you say. thanks again.

No problem glad to help you! You can hit thanks :)

nokia 3310 > sony ericsson t250i > nokia 5530 > htc wildfire > sony ericsson xperia play > sony xperia s
    And what about ACAE 12W23 , in black ?

Dial *#*#7378423#*#* go to service info > software info, if your touch firmware is 6 you don't have to worry. All AC versions including yours doesn't or will not have yellow spots ir tints.

nokia 3310 > sony ericsson t250i > nokia 5530 > htc wildfire > sony ericsson xperia play > sony xperia s
    Just wanted to let people in the US know that Global Mobiles have phones in stock through Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007HHOEKG/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

Those should be the new batch.