Search This thread

bigpeng

Jan 14, 2010
The U S of A!
Read here
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25220654

[WIP][4/30/2012] RubiX_eXcel v0.0.1 [Beta][ICS][4.0.4]

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

4G working, wifi working, so far no FCs and as far as I can see everything works good, I'm using Nova Launcher with rom instead of built in Trebuchet.

Edit: getting settings FC when trying to set wallpapers under display options, blank options and then FCs... and when trying to go into weather settings after you enable for lockscreen weather under display.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

Last edited:

guirae

Mar 30, 2011
San Francisco
what kernel/CWM are you guys using to flash this kernel? Any ROM/kernel from that matter...assuming you guys are coming from ICS

krazy_smokezalot

Sep 24, 2010
Washington DC
I flash it with whatever ICS kernel with CWM I happen to be using. No need to go back to GB to flash kernels or modems, just roms

i wouldn't do that if i were you. u might brick sooner or later. Anyone taking his advice, take it with a grain of salt!:what: i dont think devs say "dont flash anything with ics+cwm kernal for there health" just my two cents added with 2 bricked devices!:eek::rolleyes::) trust me! i know!!:D

Reactions: elzero26

ReActiveDisorder

Apr 12, 2012
i wouldn't do that if i were you. u might brick sooner or later. Anyone taking his advice, take it with a grain of salt!:what: i dont think devs say "dont flash anything with ics+cwm kernal for there health" just my two cents added with 2 bricked devices!:eek::rolleyes::) trust me! i know!!:D

What are you talking bout. Devs do only say that to scare everyone into submitting to there will. Mahahahaha. Just kidding :p

But no seriously if you want to play with fire sooner or later you will get burned. ;)

DataHawg

Aug 26, 2010
East Seattle
Never heard of anyone bricking while flashing a kernel or any zips besides a rom with ICS recovery. How did you brick 2 phones if you don't mind me asking?
Edit: Never heard of anyone bricking while restoring an ICS nandroid backup made with an ICS recovery either unless they try to do it from a GB kernel
Edit 2: Rujelus22's rom has a rom updater in it. You can dl add on zips, kernels, and modems with it and then it flashes them automatically with the FD02 ICS kernel that comes with the rom. Thousands of files have probably been flashed with the updater and no bricks. Just sayin

Last edited:

ReActiveDisorder

Apr 12, 2012
Never heard of anyone bricking while flashing a kernel or any zips besides a rom with ICS recovery. How did you brick 2 phones if you don't mind me asking?
Edit: Never heard of anyone bricking while restoring an ICS nandroid backup made with an ICS recovery either unless they try to do it from a GB kernel
Edit 2: Rujelus22's rom has a rom updater in it. You can dl add on zips, kernels, and modems with it and then it flashes them automatically with the FD02 ICS kernel that comes with the rom. Thousands of files have probably been flashed with the updater and no bricks. Just sayin

ICS Recovery (CWM Recovery for ICS) Is known to corrupt partitions while flashing. That is how one bricks.

ReActiveDisorder

Apr 12, 2012
Ok i finally got the FE07 Kernel Repacked. It took 13 tries to recompile it. I was only getting 3.64mb zImage which i knew was not the right size. I now got it at 8mb FINALLY. Posting Very Soon.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is my second contribution to the Epic 4G Touch Community. My First Contribution was of course my hacked hulu plus app. This is really nothing special. Just a simple repacked FE16 zImage for touchwiz based roms.

Whats inside?
    Repacked FD24, FD26, FE07, FE10, FE14,FE16, FE22 Kernel (zImage)
    Very Lightly Tweaked
    init.d support added (/system/etc/init.d)
    Unsecured Stock Recovery (NOT CWM RECOVERY)
    USB Mass Storage Set to default

WARNING* ICS CWM RECOVERY IS KNOWN TO BRICK DEVICES. I WONT ADD IT TIL THIS IS FIXED. I DONT WANT ANY NOOBS BRICKING THERE SH** :D

FE22 KERNEL HAS SEVERAL CHANGES OVER THE OLDER FE KERNELS SO THIS KERNEL WAS A WORTH WHILE REPACK :D

Like I said its nothing major. Im still learning alot. I will contribute more as I learn.

Download from Here:
    http://www.4shared.com/zip/i5t9W9Ig/FE22_LightlyTweaked_Kernel-ReA.html

Donation Link Here:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=RCNQJ23STFQFQ
    I only added this donation to appease my followers. Ive been averaging 12 requests a day for a donation link so here it is. I also want to make it very very clear I develop because it is fun. Not for the money. Im still gonna develop whether or not I get donations :D

WARNING: I AM NOT RESPONIBLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR DEVICE CAUSE OF FLASHING THIS MOD. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Directions:
    Download Kernel from link provided
    Wipe Cache
    Wipe Dalvik Cache
    Flash zip inside EL26 CWM Recovery
    Reboot
    Wait 5 minutes
    Reboot Again
    Enjoy

Enjoy My Second Contribution.
    I do not want any donations at this time. Just plz hit my thanks button if u enjoy my contribution.
    Thanks and Congrats on learning something new. I am on a learning spree myself lately and it makes Android a lot more fun! I will try it out this evening
    I must say these repacks have gotten easier for me :D The first one took 50 mins now Its a 15 min process. Im getting better needless to say. :D

Op updated.

i have a question it might be a stupid one but since i dont know the answer to me is not, what does a kennel do? does one make a phone run better? thanks in advance.

That is a VERY noob question. Long story short a kernel is the Engine and Transmission of the operating system. While the Rom is the Exterior and Framework of the operating system. Basically it is what makes a phone Go Vooooorrrrrrmmmmmm.....