[DER KERNEL] Trinity Ten [4.3 / 4.4]

Search This thread

TheBlueRaja

May 6, 2010
Saw the posts from peeps saying that they were glad to see you on the N10 and your happiness to respond to people in the thread. Having never used your kernels before as a Galaxy S2 user I am glad to report that with your undervolted kernel and CM10.1(4.2.2) that this is, so far, the best kernel and ROM I have used.

Looking forward to seeing what more you can offer from this kernel in the future.

Reactions: morfic

morfic

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 3, 2008
San Antonio
www.derkernel.com
Re: [DER KERNEL] Trinity Ten

Saw the posts from peeps saying that they were glad to see you on the N10 and your happiness to respond to people in the thread. Having never used your kernels before as a Galaxy S2 user I am glad to report that with your undervolted kernel and CM10.1(4.2.2) that this is, so far, the best kernel and ROM I have used.

Looking forward to seeing what more you can offer from this kernel in the future.

Good to know I can satisfy someone less biased ;)
I'm looking forward to it too, considering how slow going it is right now.
Enjoying a device might slow me down ;)

Blame adw ex, it let's me enjoy my manta more too.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Randomwalker

Dec 5, 2011

Just a quick follow up: still no issues with the UV kernel. Reboots are back, but if anything fewer than on stock.

Battery life seems to be better than stock.

Reactions: morfic

dajogejr

Apr 20, 2011

AOKP 2 19 build. Incredible battery life. No stutter or lag. Fast charging. Smooth scrolling on graphic intense websites. Struck gold with this global UV kernel.

Thank you!!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

situman

Jun 1, 2011
Does this kernal have the updated wifi drivers? It disconnects when it goes to sleep and not reconnect unless i toggle it.

NoobieExtraordinare

Oct 9, 2012

I need trinity for my at&t galaxy s2 dammit!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Honestly after using trinity on my 7 and 10, I want it on all my android devices. I am currently running the supernexus 2 rom on my att s2, which uses the latest cm10 kernel I believe but it doesn't feel the same snappiness I feel on my own n7 and 10. A big thanks to morific and simms. :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

newellj79

Jan 2, 2011
OnePlus 8

I'm running AOKP. I like to set my max at 1500. I know because of something to do with HAL, that when the screen turns off it resets it to 1700. Using the ktmanta kernel and app I was able to retain the 1500 max, is there a way to do it with this kernel?

Lim Wee Huat

Apr 17, 2011
Johor Bahru

I'm running AOKP. I like to set my max at 1500. I know because of something to do with HAL, that when the screen turns off it resets it to 1700. Using the ktmanta kernel and app I was able to retain the 1500 max, is there a way to do it with this kernel?

You need the Trinity toolbox. Get it from Google Play..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: newellj79

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
Some followup feedback about TX4G.. 2d 7h uptime, 4h 9m on screen time, 61% battery left.. Just casual use. Tapatalk, listened to two albums streamed over LAN via Es Explorer, Chrome use, streamed a couple youtube clips, some pictures etc. Just as solid as the stock kernel as far as stability goes.. Battery life is hard to accurately measure but suffice to say I'm pleased and assuming it's better than default because of the undervolt. :) I use a wifi sleep policy of always, brightness at the min and a display timeout of 30 minutes..

All on CM 10.1 of all things which I've generally stayed away from for awhile now as I always considered it a `heavy' ROM but.. She's performing damn well. It's gone though as soon as Rascarlo gets back from vacation and pumps out a 4.2.2 Rasbean build.

Last edited:

stonebear

Sep 26, 2011
Talking of the Trinity app, I wonder if we could get color control sometime on the N10?

And if so, would it allow things like gamma adjustment?

morfic

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 3, 2008
San Antonio
www.derkernel.com

Talking of the Trinity app, I wonder if we could get color control sometime on the N10?

And if so, would it allow things like gamma adjustment?

That answer is simple: "I don't know"
I don't have enough time with the source to make predictions of any sort.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
TX4G is a beast.. Finally hit the 50% mark

Battery - 50%
On Battery - 4d 13hr
SOT - 5hr 2m

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Files, app:

www . Der Kernel . com

Kernel Source: https://bitbucket.org/morfic/trinity_ten

http://goo.gl/tUkg9A Trinity 10 KitKat 4.4.3 kernel Build 1
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Featuring:

• Build optimizations
    • Performance through research
    • Static UV
    • GPU OC to 600+ MHz
    • Removed wasteful debugging
    • VM, Governor tweaks
    • row, sio added
    • fsync control
    • 2000MHz (Use an app that protects the sysfs files to not have OS meddle with freqs)
    • Bullshít Free (Not pushing buzzwords to drop them later like others)
    http://goo.gl/tUkg9A Build1 for 4.4.3, nothing new, just a refresher for latest android source

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    http://goo.gl/WwQYWN

TX2-4.3-ANY.zip

Early 4.3 kernel, runs great on factory image.

Just some basic configuring, build tweaks
    cifs+utf8 added (remind me if there was something else needed for cifs (md4/md5 are defaults))
    sio, row added
    fsync control added
    *NOT* touching cpu or gpu voltages yet, we'll do that later.
    *NO* GPU OC yet, no touching memory frequencies, no touching busses

A very basic kernel
    Are people still using their n10?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    I haven't forgotten anyone.
    New nightshift only schedule is something I'm still getting used to.
    Once I'm back in the swing of things, all devices get some more love.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2