[Q] Can the AT&T SGH-i257 VoLTE(HD Voice) be rooted?

Search This thread

dynamiclynk

Jul 1, 2008
www.tekhow.net
Google Pixel 4 XL
Can the *NEW* AT&T SGH-i257 VoLTE(HD Voice) released on 5/23/2014 be rooted?

I have seen root methods for other SGH-i257 variants, but not certain that will fly on this recent iteration.

Last edited:

funkypunk69

Dec 20, 2010
Kennesaw, GA
Yeah no one has replied on the SGH-i257(M) root thread above link, just don't want a brick ;) My device comes in tomorrow so hopefully someone will confirm that that method should work.

I received mine a few days ago. It is a great device for it being a little aged spec wise. It has been a while since I have messed with a Samsung device. Reading up this knox thing seems to be a huge pain in the rear.

dynamiclynk

Jul 1, 2008
www.tekhow.net
Google Pixel 4 XL
I received mine a few days ago. It is a great device for it being a little aged spec wise. It has been a while since I have messed with a Samsung device. Reading up this knox thing seems to be a huge pain in the rear.

Yeah I played with the demo at the store I liked it alot and ordered a new one on eBay because of the size, and spec wise it is pretty decent due to the size and it supports microSD I am very happy. Yeah I miss the good ole days with Sammy when boot loaders were unlocked, but AT&T and other carriers forcing their hand :(

funkypunk69

Dec 20, 2010
Kennesaw, GA
I haven't tried that just afraid to flash anything odin related, especially without a stock odin flash file.I looked on http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/ but nothing as of yet.

If I had a few more tools and was more up to date I would do it. Unfortunately I have always relied strongly on the skills of the members here. I know someone will be through here in a bit after the phone has a little more exposure. It looks like we probably do need a few files that are more specific to this device. 1 thing I already noticed is that some variants of this device do not have a notification light.

Last edited:

slick4747

Jan 1, 2012
If I had a few more tools and was more up to date I would do it. Unfortunately I have always relied strongly on the skills of the members here. I know someone will be through here in a bit after the phone has a little more exposure. It looks like we probably do need a few files that are more specific to this device. 1 thing I already noticed is that some variants of this device do not have a notification light.

Seems there are ways to root the SGH-i257M but it sure would be nice to have a definite and tested root for the SGH-i257 :)

Top Liked Posts