[Q] Possible to downgrade just the radio?

Search This thread

nysoprano

Nov 5, 2009
I flashed the new 1.57.531.7 firmware and i'm not happy with the data signal and connection; it hangs a lot before downloading in certain apps. Is there a way to downgrade just the firmware without losing s-off or recovery? or can i just flash a different radio in recovery?

gokun

Apr 3, 2008
I flashed the new 1.57.531.7 firmware and i'm not happy with the data signal and connection; it hangs a lot before downloading in certain apps. Is there a way to downgrade just the firmware without losing s-off or recovery? or can i just flash a different radio in recovery?

From my understanding s-off is forever unless you change it back yourself manually.
You can flash a customized firmware in order to not lose your recovery. There are some available if you do a quick search(I don't have the links convenient right now).
If you are s-off (it seems like you are) then you should be able to flash a radio in recovery if you want. You would just need a flashable version of the radio. There are some of those floating around in here (I believe some in the same post as the firmware) as well.
Hope that helps.