No WP8 Update for Lumia Phones (getting 7.8)

Search This thread

bobzero

Oct 4, 2008
It was just officially annouced by Microsoft 40 minutes ago at the Windows Phone Summit that current windows phones would get WP 7.8 update with some features of WP8 but not WP8 itself.

The biggest worry is that WP8 will allow native code for apps, and that many apps will thus not work on "older" phones.

The Lumia 900 is only a few months old and the 800 and 710 and 610 are not much older (all are less than 9 months on the market), but they will not be getting Windows Phone 8 update just like all first generation Windows Phones. Nokia must have known for some time as well that current Lumia buyers would not get WP8 update, this seems unfair especially for Lumia 900 buyers.

I wonder if Nokia plans to do something to make this more fair for current Lumia users?

jamesc760

May 12, 2010
Nokia sux eggs, I should know since I have their N800, N900, all with nokia's broken promises, bad hardware, worse software. With their reliance on Windows, their days in cell phone business is numbered. Stay the heck away from Nokia!

Sent from my R800i using xda premium

jimski

Jan 11, 2009
Florida
Still loving my beautifully different Nokia Lumia 900. Best phone I have ever owned.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro