[Q] I may have bricked my One. Can someone help me?

Search This thread

sigmaul

Jul 22, 2014
So i have an AT&T HTC One M7, and i was trying to do all the necessary steps to convert it into a google edition, but in my attempt to get s-off, after unlocking and rooting my phone, i did a tutorial that told me to install the ARHD Rom, well after the installation my phone wouldnt load anything past the initial HTC splash screen. so i then i tried an ruu, when it failed it left me unable to even access recovery. so i tried all the ruu files i could find for att and none of them worked. does anyone know what i can do?
on my boot loader screen it says all this:

*** TAMPERED ***
*** RELOCKED ***
*** Security Warning ***
M7_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT- 1.57 0000
RADIO- 4M.27.3218.14
OpenDSP- v32.120.274.0909
OS- 5.12.502.2
eMMC- boot 2048MB
Apr 22 2014, 01:10:58.0

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
So i have an AT&T HTC One M7, and i was trying to do all the necessary steps to convert it into a google edition, but in my attempt to get s-off, after unlocking and rooting my phone, i did a tutorial that told me to install the ARHD Rom, well after the installation my phone wouldnt load anything past the initial HTC splash screen. so i then i tried an ruu, when it failed it left me unable to even access recovery. so i tried all the ruu files i could find for att and none of them worked. does anyone know what i can do?
on my boot loader screen it says all this:

*** TAMPERED ***
*** RELOCKED ***
*** Security Warning ***
M7_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT- 1.57 0000
RADIO- 4M.27.3218.14
OpenDSP- v32.120.274.0909
OS- 5.12.502.2
eMMC- boot 2048MB
Apr 22 2014, 01:10:58.0

There is no ruu you can flash to your phone with s-on because all of them are lower version and require s-off to be flashed. your issue with booting arhd is probably because you did not used the right recovery. you must use twrp 2.6.3.3 to flash it.

reflash twrp 2.6.3.3:

Code:
fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.3-m7.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader

bot in twrp recovery, flash arhd again and try to s-off, if you can't s-off restore your nandroid backup or if you don't have any backup, flash any custom rom you want to use.

sigmaul

Jul 22, 2014
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\User>cd C:\fastboot

C:\Fastboot>fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.3-m7.img
target reported max download size of 1514139648 bytes
sending 'recovery' (9184 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.122s]
writing 'recovery'...
(bootloader) signature checking...
FAILED (remote: signature verify fail)
finished. total time: 2.013s

twrp isnt installing am i doing something wrong with that?

sigmaul

Jul 22, 2014
oh i got twrp on there, i had to re unlock my phone. now my dilemma is that the arhd rom is no longer there since the phone was wiped i guess. so my question now is, how do i get this arhd .zip back onto the phone? because i cant just drop it in like before

alray

May 22, 2012
oh i got twrp on there, i had to re unlock my phone. now my dilemma is that the arhd rom is no longer there since the phone was wiped i guess. so my question now is, how do i get this arhd .zip back onto the phone? because i cant just drop it in like before

use adb push from twrp recovery, see below for detailed guide:

HTC ONE M7_U/M7_UL - ADB PUSH & FLASH A ROM - DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS

Prerequisites:
  • You need ADB and FASTBOOT on your computer, either by installing the Android SDK or Minimal ADB and FASTBOOT
  • You need to know how to start a fastboot/adb command prompt:
    To open a command window prompt, in Windows go to Start Menu --> ''Run'' then type cmd. Change the directory to the ADB folder on your machine:
    • If using the default install location for the SDK:
      Code:
      cd C:\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-DATE\sdk\platform-tools
    • If using the default install location of Minimal ADB and FASTBOOT:
      Code:
      cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot
    • Or hold left shift + right click a blank space inside the folder where adb and fastboot are located and select ''Open command window here'' from the contextual menu.
      Open%20command%20window.png
  • You need TWRP recovery (2.6.3.3 or higher) on your device.

1. Unlock bootloader if not already unlocked:

Thanks to Electroz for the video tutorial
    2. Flash TWRP Recovery:
      1. Make sure the recovery.img file is in the same folder where adb and fastboot are located
      2. reboot phone in bootloader mode
      3. Flash the recovery:
        Code:
        fastboot flash recovery name_of_recovery.img
        fastboot erase cache
        fastboot reboot-bootloader

• You need your HTC drivers correctly installed on your PC:

device%20manager.png

If not, follow this guide (thanks to nkk71):
    originally from @nkk71: [GUIDE] [02-MAR-2014] nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock

follow the below instructions to fix

Open "Device Manager" -> select the unknown "One" -> right-click -> "Update Driver Software ..." -> "Browse my computer" -> "Let me pick" -> "Android USB Devices" -> select "My HTC ..." -> install that
    just in case, HTC Drivers can be found here: [Drivers] HTC Drivers for Windows - Several Versions (credits to @mdmower)
    though you should already have them since you have been using your phone anyways

for those who like a visual guide:

okay so I did a fastboot boot command, and as you can see it didnt install correct driver
    28ioxf6.jpg

Open "Device Manager"
    2ywxpp3.jpg

there's the culprit
    312v6me.jpg

right click and Update Driver Software
    2ivmu5k.jpg

select Browse my computer for driver software
    357qek7.jpg

select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
    2582flf.jpg

select Android USB Devices
    143jar8.jpg

select My HTC ... (if you have more than one version, choose the latest)
    axea9h.jpg

warning, select Yes
    14lhelv.jpg

successful installation
    21btc3d.jpg

now it looks better :)
    zwx53s.jpg

and can confirm:
    Code:
    C:\ADB3>[B]adb devices[/B]
    List of devices attached
    HTxxxxxxxxxx    recovery
Procedure:
  1. Make sure the ROM you want to flash is in the same folder where ADB and FASTBOOT are.
  2. Connect your phone to computer using usb cable
  3. Reboot phone in recovery mode (TWRP):
    • If phone is booted in OS:
      Code:
      adb reboot recovery
      adb%20reboot%20recovery.png
    • if not booted or bootlooping, hold power button + volume down until phone boot in bootloader mode
      then select BOOTLOADER then RECOVERY using volume up/down to navigate and power button to select.
  4. Make sure your phone is booted in TWRP main menu:
    main%20menu.png
  5. transfer the rom to your /sdcard folder:
    Code:
    adb push name_of_rom.zip /sdcard/

Wait for the zip file to transfer, this can take several minutes and there is no progress bar. When the command prompt give you back the hand and display how much bytes transferred in X seconds, the transfer is completed:
    ADB%20PUSH.png

6. In TWRP main menu, select ''INSTALL''
  7. Browse the installation menu and select your rom zip file inside /sdcard folder:
    install.png
  8. Swipe to confirm you want to flash the rom
    swipe.gif
  9. Reboot phone

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita

You can copy it from your PC to your phone via the USB cable using windows explorer or you can use the adb push method you used earlier.

sigmaul

Jul 22, 2014
thanks for the reply!!!
ive done as instructed but, nothings happening....
this what it looks like in my terminal

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>adb reboot recovery

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>adb devices
List of devices attached
HT34WW914838 recovery

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>adb push Android_Revolution_HD-O
ne_71.1.zip /sdcard/
_

after i try to push the zip file nothing happens, it doesnt say fail, or success or anything, just a blinking little line

any suggestions on that??

sorry about all questions btw, i jus didnt think so much would go wrong this time around (ive rooted this phone before no problem, im guessing the hboot 1.57 thing kinda screwed me this time) but thanks for the help so far =]

Last edited:

sigmaul

Jul 22, 2014
and no i cant use my usb my pc no longer recognizes my phone the same way, its recognized as a removable disk, and when clicked it says insert sdcard or something

alray

May 22, 2012
thanks for the reply!!!
ive done as instructed but, nothings happening....
this what it looks like in my terminal

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>adb reboot recovery

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>adb devices
List of devices attached
HT34WW914838 recovery

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>adb push Android_Revolution_HD-O
ne_71.1.zip /sdcard/
_

after i try to push the zip file nothing happens, it doesnt say fail, or success or anything, just a blinking little line

How long did you wait after doing adb push Android_Revolution_HD-One_71.1.zip /sdcard/ ?

---------- Post added at 01:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 AM ----------

You can copy it from your PC to your phone via the USB cable using windows explorer

Not when the phone is not booting in the OS ;)

sigmaul

Jul 22, 2014
i actually never stopped it, haha jus letting it sit there just in case, but i dont think its going to do anything.....this is such a bummer

sigmaul

Jul 22, 2014
alray.....you a the ****ing man dude!! i got the rom on and working now!!! thanks so much dude. i guess ill try and continue converting this thing to a google edition, if its even possible to get s-off with hboot 1.57. but again thanks man youre a genius =]]

alray

May 22, 2012
alray.....you a the ****ing man dude!! i got the rom on and working now!!! thanks so much dude. i guess ill try and continue converting this thing to a google edition, if its even possible to get s-off with hboot 1.57. but again thanks man youre a genius =]]

glad it worked :good:

The only pple i know here who have successfully s-off'ed on 1.57 used arhd 31.6. you might want to try it if it doesnt work on 71.1. good luck

Reactions: sigmaul

India

Apr 22, 2013

The only pple i know here who have successfully s-off'ed on 1.57 used arhd 31.6. you might want to try it if it doesnt work on 71.1. good luck

Okay my phone is s-off on 1.57.. How can I go back to stock.. I need to send to warranty.. Do I have to do super cid ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i actually never stopped it, haha jus letting it sit there just in case, but i dont think its going to do anything.....this is such a bummer

it should take between 5-10 min max to transfer the rom.