[ruu + update.zip][MR1 aka First OTA] May 12th OTA - 1.13.605.7

Search This thread

jcase

Retired Forum Mod / Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2010
Sequim WA
(DO NOT FLASH THE OTA or the SIGNED RUU ON A ROOTED (even if it is just ENG s-off) DEVICE)

This is the same as the OTA released on May 12th 2011 and is the MR1. Confirmed by me this morning. This file will wipe /data.

Not responsible for damage or losses caused by this firmware. Use at your own risk. Flash it was an RUU (like in the root guides), not using recovery. This will wipe your data.

This should not be flashed to a rooted device, as it will likely brick. Fair warning.

OTA update (only will apply to 1.12.605.6 stock) (NOT FOR ROOTED PHONES)
23978275bf608e4ddbf970a32437f167 OTAPkg.zip
http://www.multiupload.com/ALWVK5LOPP

Signed Full RUU (DO NOT FLASH TO ROOTED PHONES)
4fcc7cf0c4b112667e5caa5a2a4557ee PG05IMG_Mecha_VERIZON_WWE_1.13.605.7_Radio_1.16.00.0402w_NV_8k_1.41_9k_1.64_release_182727_signed.zip
http://www.multiupload.com/MQ9T311U50

Rooted Unsigned Full RUU (Only for rooted phones)
a99e220f819b759b2cf1896b5611c1a7 PG05IMG_MR1_rooted_unsigned.zip
http://www.multiupload.com/9OYF6X14F9

Last edited:

Busphan

Jun 9, 2010
Just asking this for info, but will one be able to root/reroot after flashing this RUU?

carycooke

Apr 9, 2010
shelbyville, tn
does anyone else have problems with new radio when usb tethering internet
it has no or little internet connectivety???? but when i unplug and use hotspot its fine just usb tethering??

gcantrell

Oct 13, 2010
Washington DC
www.twitter.com
Nope, you have to name it PG05IMG.zip regardless, if not it won't work.

Ok thanks for the heads up. I just want to be clear on my options. I haven't rooted yet because i haven't really found a reason to. But if i absolutely have to in order to get this update i will, because i truthfully don't want to have to wait on VZW, because i have a feeling we'll still be waiting for a while. I'm not totally new to the rooting world, i've done it before on my G2.

So for this particular file, i need root correct?
Also if i try to install this is it gonna wipe all the data from my phone? Because honestly i rather if/when it was possible just upgrade the phone instead of having to start from scratch all over again.

_GLBRT

Nov 14, 2010
non rooted wipe?

Will non rooted users' devices wipe after renaming and installing the .zip?

itsmikeramsay

Mar 25, 2009
Atlanta
Ok thanks for the heads up. I just want to be clear on my options. I haven't rooted yet because i haven't really found a reason to. But if i absolutely have to in order to get this update i will, because i truthfully don't want to have to wait on VZW, because i have a feeling we'll still be waiting for a while. I'm not totally new to the rooting world, i've done it before on my G2.

Also if i try to install this is it gonna wipe all the data from my phone? Because honestly i rather if/when it was possible just upgrade the phone instead of having to start from scratch all over again.

Nope. Just drag it to your SD and rename it to what is said above. Boot into the bootloader mode, hit the power button and it should do it automatically.

Sent from my T-Bolt using XDA Premium app for Android!

sonofskywalker3

Jan 22, 2009
You have two options for a non-rooted phone:

Either download this file, rename it to PG05IMG.zip and copy to the root of your sdcard, use ADB to reboot to the bootloader and flash it. It's signed and untouched so you'll be upgraded to the latest version without having to root. However this will wipe your data.

Second option is to root, flash the radio only RUU, and use clockworkmod recovery to flash the stock, deodexed version of this rom, which will not wipe data. Details are here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1042004

palomosan

May 29, 2010
Jersey

No, you don't need to be rooted for this specific RUU file.
Use Astro to back up all your apps then drop this file to the SDcard, reboot to Hboot and let it do the magic.
Then go to market download Astro and install all the apps you backed up.

gcantrell

Oct 13, 2010
Washington DC
www.twitter.com
You have two options for a non-rooted phone:

Either download this file, rename it to PG05IMG.zip and copy to the root of your sdcard, use ADB to reboot to the bootloader and flash it. It's signed and untouched so you'll be upgraded to the latest version without having to root. However this will wipe your data.

Second option is to root, flash the radio only RUU, and use clockworkmod recovery to flash the stock, deodexed version of this rom, which will not wipe data. Details are here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1042004

Sounds like id be better off rooting, backing up my Apps and data then loading this. I'll check it out after work. Thanks guys for all of your help!

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using XDA Premium app

gener1c

Apr 20, 2009
Can anyone post a Deodexed version of this rom? One with Bloat and one without any of vzw bloat.

orcsbane13

Apr 6, 2010
Anyone know if the current rooting method works with this version?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts