[MOD] CM7 update Baseband RIL

Search This thread

robertosandros

Aug 7, 2009
It came to my attention from Tayutama in the CM7 nightlies thread that alot of people's problems with CM7 is issues with the new baseband we have all upgraded to. I went ahead and tested the newer basebands RIL with CM7 and voila! alot of bugs have been fixed and everything is running *MUCH* better now.

Edit:
Paul posted a patch for this awhile ago that I didn't realise, heres the link:
RIL Update

Hope it helps you, cause it surely helped me.

Credits to Paul for the patch.

Last edited:

robertosandros

Aug 7, 2009
This does not change the baseband, what it does it update the RIL in CM7 to be more compatible with the 405 baseband.

Thanks a lot.

Will i have to run this fix everytime i upgrade to a new nightly (or stable)?

Unfortunately, yes. Until cm_arcee decides to update his baseband and the reflect the source changes in CM7, we have to keep using this.

I can't determine how many bugs its solved since I only applied the fix an hour ago, but operation seems much smoother and not as many *hiccups*.

mintvilla

Jun 20, 2010
i downloaded it, booted to recovery, tried flashing and am gettin installation aborted??

PatSend

Sep 6, 2008
Flashed the RIL and my first experiences seem faster and more stable. Thanks for the hint!

buch85

Jul 27, 2010
i've manually put the lge-ril.so and also the libril.so from Fr15 inside my CM /system/lib.

3 hours the phone is running without reboots, freeze, loss of sounds or problems of any kind.
Without this fix I experienced a lot of sleep of death and frequent loss of sound.

Hope this can help :)

Here is what I've done

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It came to my attention from Tayutama in the CM7 nightlies thread that alot of people's problems with CM7 is issues with the new baseband we have all upgraded to. I went ahead and tested the newer basebands RIL with CM7 and voila! alot of bugs have been fixed and everything is running *MUCH* better now.

Edit:
    Paul posted a patch for this awhile ago that I didn't realise, heres the link:
    RIL Update

Hope it helps you, cause it surely helped me.

Credits to Paul for the patch.
    does this change the baseband then? or does it just fix issues with baseband 405?
    you can probably use this as well, it does essentially the same (flash the lge_ril.so matching the 0405 baseband)
    I might have found a fix for people who get an error (bad) on this ZIP installation in ClockWorkMod.

The problem was installing the ZIP while I was on the go today.
    First, I downloaded it over HSDPA, then EDGE and over WiFi 2 times but every time CWM told me the ZIP was (bad).

I thought that this just couldn't possibly change anything but when I finally downloaded the ZIP file on my PC and transferred it through the USB connection, CWM installed the patch just fine!!! :D

Hope it helps some of you!