[Q] Compatible games?

Search This thread

camapghe

Nov 11, 2009
I am a heavy gamer, and intend to buy a Iconia A100 for it sizes and speeds.

So, this will be place to list compatible games for A100, including Gamelofts games and others. If you already tested, please list on next posts and I will collect them all here on 1st post. Please also list the specific version for them.

Oh, thanks to vszulc remind, all THD games should work, as they are for Terga, aren't they?

THD games:
- Samurai THD
- Galaxy on Fire THD
- Pinball THD
- Guerrilla Bob THD
- Fruit Ninja THD
- Sprinkle THD
- Monster Madness THD
- Trainz THD
- Shadow Gun (not yet release?)

Gamelofts games (I expect all games release for Iconia A500/A501 should work well):
- Until get confirmation

Other games (please confirm which one full screen and play-able)
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 (confirmed by d1dd1)
- For update

* I saw "you-know-where" a GameLoft package for A100. Any one tried yet?

Last edited:
Reactions: stanggman75

vszulc

Dec 28, 2010
Good idea! I have a bunch of games installed on my A100, so I'll return later with some more details. But off the top of my head: All three regular Angry Bird games. As well as Angry Bird HD and Angry Bird Seasons HD. As well as the Tegra Specific titles that you can find in the Tegra app on the A100: Samurai 2 THD, Galaxy on Fire THD and Pinball THD.

You want some specific version numbers?

BTW: If there's a specific game you were wondering about regarding compatibility with the A100, a good start is market.android.com... You can see which one of your Android devices a game is compatible with on the www-market. Too bad they don't have that feature on the regular market app.
Sometimes a game will be compatible even though it's not featured there though, so its more of a rule of thumb...

stanggman75

Aug 23, 2010
KANSAS CITY, MO
I installed the sixaxis controller app to use my PS3 controller to play emulator games. I am loving it.

Has anyone tried "9mm HD". It doesn't work on the a100. I wonder what requirement it needs. It works on my phone.

Last edited:

reverendbill

Jun 9, 2011
Dallas
Stupid Zombies doesn't work. I love that game. Works fine on my A500. Bastards need to get to fixing.

Sent from my A100 using XDA Premium App

pimpygrub

Sep 24, 2010
Order and Chaos

Has anyone been successful in getting Order and Chaos to rub properly? I have heard of other devices useing a all devices version but I cant seem to locate it anywhere..

crossix

Dec 6, 2007
Houston
Has anyone been successful in getting Order and Chaos to rub properly? I have heard of other devices useing a all devices version but I cant seem to locate it anywhere..

You have to modify the build.prop to get O&C to work. The "all devices" hacked version no longer works as of July and another one hasnt been produced since.

To modify the build.prop you'll need to be rooted and have root explorer (or an equiv) and change this: ro.product.model=A100 to this ro.product.model=A500 in the build.prop file under system.

Once you do the above you should be able to find O&C in the market and download it. Works great, the only thing I've found odd are input boxes. Once you type something in a input box you have to minimize the keyboard rather than pressing enter or tab. For example at the login screen put in your login and then minimize the on screen keyboard.

A word of caution about modifying you're build.prop, if you don't know what you are doing you can soft brick your tab! So be careful, just because the above worked for me doesn't mean it'll work for you.

So you can add Order and Chaos and Vendetta Online to the list of games that will run on our wonderful acer tab :)

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

Edenprime

Dec 27, 2010
Manchester, UK
Is O'n'Ch still working on A100? I recently bought an A100 in frys and I'm waiting for it to come to Poland. First things first I will root the device, as I would love to play O'n'Ch on 7''. I have also sent email to gameloft about O'n'Ch not supporting the 7'' tablets,but they didn't reply me yet.

Albion_1

Aug 13, 2011
Dead space works great for A100, but i ordered this from gamestop so it came pre-installed.

Madden 12 works great! Been playing this for a few hours now.

zanyminh

Nov 1, 2011
I installed and work fine with my Acer A100 :
- Fruit ninja
- Aspalt 6
- My paper Plane
- Tintin HD
- Cut the rope
- Samurai II
- RipTide GP

m2b999

Nov 26, 2011
Towson
@JusThinK

How Asphalt 6 worked on your tablet?

I'm trying to get the game with the discount, but I can't!!!!

Sent from my A100 using xda premium

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
@JusThinK

How Asphalt 6 worked on your tablet?

I'm trying to get the game with the discount, but I can't!!!!

Sent from my A100 using xda premium

Same here. I see several games and app not being compatible with this tablet. Kinda sux cause I really wanted to make this tablet my all around device.

ED2O9

Sep 2, 2009
Has anyone tried editing their build.prop file to something like a Samsung Nexus? I have a Nook Color, and I'm constantly tweaking the build.prop with Root Explorer to get apps to show up and install properly. I'd try it right now, but I'm at work.

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
Has anyone tried editing their build.prop file to something like a Samsung Nexus? I have a Nook Color, and I'm constantly tweaking the build.prop with Root Explorer to get apps to show up and install properly. I'd try it right now, but I'm at work.

I'd like to try it. Can you point me to the file directory and which line to edit.

EDIT: found the file under /system now i see these lines related to device:

ro.build.id=HTJ85B
ro.build.id.display.id=Acer_A100_1.018.01_COM_GEN2
ro.build.id.system.id=Acer_A100_1.018_COM_GEN2

Which do I change and what do I change to?

Doing some search tells me to edit ro.build.fingerprint but still not sure what to edit it to.

Last edited:

crossix

Dec 6, 2007
Houston
I'd like to try it. Can you point me to the file directory and which line to edit.

EDIT: found the file under /system now i see these lines related to device:

ro.build.id=HTJ85B
ro.build.id.display.id=Acer_A100_1.018.01_COM_GEN2
ro.build.id.system.id=Acer_A100_1.018_COM_GEN2

Which do I change and what do I change to?

Change this:
ro.product.model=A100
to this:
ro.product.model=A500

Be sure to put the system directory in read/write mode before trying to change anything in there. Oh and becareful changing things.. you can easily brick your device!

doing the above edit to you're build.prop will make most apps, and the system settings think you're device is a a500 which will let you run more stuff. I've had mine set like this for a while now with no issues and games run great, especially order and chaos and even 9mm.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
I tried your method but I don't see anything different. Still cant open Order & Chaos. Is there any other app i cant test that works for a500 that does not work on a100?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have the market showing the device name, not what type of device it is. There are three other lines you could try to change in build.prop, but they could potentially soft-brick your device and you'd have to restore from a recovery. Changing the model name is the safest one to change and will generally make apps work rather than telling you that its an incompatible device.

To get more stuff in the market to show up, you can try to change the following in your build.prop:

ro.product.device=ventana
    ro.product.board=ventana
    ro.build.fingerprint=acer/picasso_generic1/ventana:3.0.1/HRI66/eng.hermit.20110329.214429:user/release-keys

Once you change these reboot and cross your fingers, if it comes back up clear the cache on your market app and you may have to wipe dalvik and the cache partition if apps fc. (There's an app that will let do this, but requires root)

Again do this at your own risk! Changing these values to the above in your build.prop will make everything think you're running an A500. I have not tested these, but they should work (good chance though of giving you a soft brick, so be prepared!)

If anyone wants to be a gineapig and has a working restore method you can test this along with the other change I posted earlier to change the device model.
    I am a heavy gamer, and intend to buy a Iconia A100 for it sizes and speeds.

So, this will be place to list compatible games for A100, including Gamelofts games and others. If you already tested, please list on next posts and I will collect them all here on 1st post. Please also list the specific version for them.

Oh, thanks to vszulc remind, all THD games should work, as they are for Terga, aren't they?

THD games:
    - Samurai THD
    - Galaxy on Fire THD
    - Pinball THD
    - Guerrilla Bob THD
    - Fruit Ninja THD
    - Sprinkle THD
    - Monster Madness THD
    - Trainz THD
    - Shadow Gun (not yet release?)

Gamelofts games (I expect all games release for Iconia A500/A501 should work well):
    - Until get confirmation

Other games (please confirm which one full screen and play-able)
    - Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 (confirmed by d1dd1)
    - For update

* I saw "you-know-where" a GameLoft package for A100. Any one tried yet?