JB voice search output changed from female to male

Search This thread

d.chatten

Dec 15, 2010
I got the update to JB 4.1.1 two days ago, when i tested the voice search the voice that talks back was a female voice (UK), today i tried it again and for some reason the voice has changed to a male voice (UK), this is weird because there doesn't seem to be any way to change it back to a female voice, which i prefer, has anyone else found that the output voice has changed from female to male, or from male to female, also, is there a way to change this in the settings somewhere as i can't seem to find it, i'm running 100% stock JB 4.1.1.

d.chatten

Dec 15, 2010
Yes I have the same problem - tried changing to US but still its a male voice.

Thanks for replying, i know i'm not going round the twist now, i wonder what the hell caused this, it must be happening with other users phone too, has anyone got a solution for this issue? bare in mind i'm 100% stock.

Did you try running apply transgendered.Zip in cwm:)

LOL, i hope i don't have a transgender phone.

Last edited:

benrees21

May 31, 2010
Grays
I prefer the male voice it is more natural. I think it's the UK version of the US woman. I also noticed voice actions work in the UK also.

Lufferov

Jul 20, 2012
I got the update to JB 4.1.1 two days ago, when i tested the voice search the voice that talks back was a female voice (UK), today i tried it again and for some reason the voice has changed to a male voice (UK), this is weird because there doesn't seem to be any way to change it back to a female voice, which i prefer, has anyone else found that the output voice has changed from female to male, or from male to female, also, is there a way to change this in the settings somewhere as i can't seem to find it, i'm running 100% stock JB 4.1.1.

Has anyone worked out what caused this yet? The same thing happened to me, first couple of days I had the female voice, but then without doing anything, it just started using a male voice. The female one was much better as it's clearer, especially on the low speaker levels the Galaxy Nexus has! Every bit helps.

As the OP, I'm running stock JB on the Samsung Galaxy Nexus.

Haadkoe

Jul 10, 2007
I've heard that certain manufacturers had to use male voices in Germany because Germans refused to take directions from women.

True story.

Reactions: Ferrum Master

jatinps

Dec 23, 2007
i was able to get it back to female voice by changing everything in language and input settings and voice search settings to US. It takes a few minutes after u do the changes for the female voice to come back

harveydent

Feb 24, 2009
i was able to get it back to female voice by changing everything in language and input settings and voice search settings to US. It takes a few minutes after u do the changes for the female voice to come back

Yes, I think the default voice for the US is the woman and for the UK the man. All other countries get the robot voice, but will hopefully be updated soon.

strumcat

Mar 29, 2012
The thing is, the UK female voice from ICS was clearer and more legible than either the US female voice or the UK male voice on JB. And I liked the way it sounded kind of mean, and the haughty way it said "The Tor Net-wuuurk". Or maybe I should just get out more...

Jasrockbuster900

Feb 3, 2013

I too had this problem, but i was able to solve it by changing my system language to english us
:good: if helps..:):victory:

benrees21

May 31, 2010
Grays
Even when I've had it set to UK I've had the woman voice but today it changed to male for some reason.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did you try running apply transgendered.Zip in cwm:)

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using xda app-developers app
    I've heard that certain manufacturers had to use male voices in Germany because Germans refused to take directions from women.

True story.