Can i install g2 rom to nexus 5

Search This thread

Johmama

Apr 2, 2013
Whoa guys, a little hostile today, are we? Just because you hate LG's interface, doesn't mean everyone does or even should. I, myself, don't like it either but OP came here asking an honest question about modifying his Nexus 5. We could at least have the decency to tell him what we know, or not respond at all.

Anyway, OP. I personally do not know of any way to flash the G2's ROM to the Nexus 5, or any custom ROMs that were inspired by the G2. Your best bet is to try to download something from the Play Store that mimics what you like on the G2. Just doing a quick search, I found this app. I haven't tested it or anything so I'm not sure how well it works, it's just one of results that came up from searching the Play Store. Seems legit, but like I said, I can't vouch for it.

mistahseller

Mar 13, 2013
Saint Louis
Whoa guys, a little hostile today, are we? Just because you hate LG's interface, doesn't mean everyone does or even should. I, myself, don't like it either but OP came here asking an honest question about modifying his Nexus 5. We could at least have the decency to tell him what we know, or not respond at all.

Anyway, OP. I personally do not know of any way to flash the G2's ROM to the Nexus 5, or any custom ROMs that were inspired by the G2. Your best bet is to try to download something from the Play Store that mimics what you like on the G2. Just doing a quick search, I found this app. I haven't tested it or anything so I'm not sure how well it works, it's just one of results that came up from searching the Play Store. Seems legit, but like I said, I can't vouch for it.

Can't do it, it will load g2 drivers onto the nexus and it will be a paper weight. We did tell him what we know, you'll brick your device, can't do it.

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

We don't need G2 custom roms :p

+1

Tommyyim

Jan 8, 2014
plus.google.com
Thanks johmama reply
Firstly why i want get lg official app to my nexus
Because my wife hv g2 ,i use the knock function is very useful,but i try in apps store download same function apps,
But this apps waste so much battery... so i open post ask the question...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Some kernels have double tap 2 wake, slide 2 wake. Faux for example .

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit

mistahseller

Mar 13, 2013
Saint Louis
Thanks johmama reply
Firstly why i want get lg official app to my nexus
Because my wife hv g2 ,i use the knock function is very useful,but i try in apps store download same function apps,
But this apps waste so much battery... so i open post ask the question...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

these are just some of the kernels that have the "knock knock" and sweep to wake or sleep or whatever. They will benefit you potentially in more ways than just that specific added functionality.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2551441

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2527130

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2538441

Johmama

Apr 2, 2013
Can't do it, it will load g2 drivers onto the nexus and it will be a paper weight. We did tell him what we know, you'll brick your device, can't do it.

Except almost every response was worded in a very condescending way. Plus, just saying "Nope can't be done" then the issue getting dropped very rarely happens on XDA. Look at the G2 battery in the Nexus 5, people still haven't given up on it despite a bunch of reasons why it "won't" work One guy said he'd basically hard-mod his phone, taking stuff out, to make it fit. You get that innovation everywhere else on XDA. For some reason this only happens when a feature from another phone is requested to be ported to, or run on, a Nexus device. Since the Nexus (and Android in general) is all about choice I figure hey, throw the guy a bone and elaborate and help him a bit by throwing up alternatives or workarounds instead of providing a brick wall and then moving on with my XDA browsing.

Guess all I'm trying to say is just because some guy might not fully appreciate the Nexus 5 and/or vanilla Android and wants a feature from another phone, one's response shouldn't change from the response one would have given if it were a question about a cool ROM they used on another phone or whatever else (but it commonly does).