Pebble is it right for me.

Search This thread

apples723

Feb 1, 2013
Would this be the best smart watch to buy? I have a couple of things I'd want it to do.
  1. Compatible with my Tmobile S2
  2. Play music on my phone using controls on the watch
  3. read texts
  4. apps (what kind are availible)
and i have a couple of questions:
  1. is it rootable?
  2. if so what can you do extra
  3. what customizations can i do to it
  4. how big is the memory

thanks for your help

Grooby97

Oct 12, 2009
Would this be the best smart watch to buy? I have a couple of things I'd want it to do.
  1. Compatible with my Tmobile S2
  2. Play music on my phone using controls on the watch
  3. read texts
  4. apps (what kind are availible)
and i have a couple of questions:
  1. is it rootable?
  2. if so what can you do extra
  3. what customizations can i do to it
  4. how big is the memory

thanks for your help

should be compatible with your S2, can control music player via the watch (and more options if you use Music Boss). Read text. And some apps.

So far it's not rootable so there is not much you can do with it.

If you are looking for something to root/customize, then you might want to look at Gear or maybe the SmartQ Z, which is under the Xda->SmartWatches->Other. I don't have any personal experience with SmartQ, but so far it looks very interesting..for the $100 price.

Fotogravin

Dec 9, 2010
Krimpen a d IJssel
Not rootable, but the sdk is free and quite extensive. So it is fairly easy to make your own apps and faces. There are some memory restrictions though and there are only eight slots for faces and apps combined, but the Pebble team could change that limit in the future

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Xperia Z

Chrono_Tata

Sep 29, 2010
For customisation, there are practically an endless amount of watchfaces you can use to customise it with, and you can make your own. Hardware-wise the plastic model uses a standard strap so you can replace the straps with something more to your liking, and you can get skins to customise the look of the bezel.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

apples723

Feb 1, 2013
Not rootable, but the sdk is free and quite extensive. So it is fairly easy to make your own apps and faces. There are some memory restrictions though and there are only eight slots for faces and apps combined, but the Pebble team could change that limit in the future

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Xperia Z

Wjat about pebble rocker what will that do to my memory on the pebble and im getting it tonight there were four left at the best buy where i live as of yesturday morning do you think they would still be there tonight?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Aumaan

Nov 18, 2010
New York
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
No need to root it. It is a 99% open platform. As far as apps there are quite a few. My personal preferences though are:
Music Boss (Controls music playback and volume)
Pebble Dialer (Make and answer calls from Pebble)
Glance (Fairly detailed watch face with some extras)
Canvas (Let's you easily create watch faces from your phone with just about any data you want)

I find the pebble to be better than the over hyped Samsung Gear. Gear has too few apps and don't feel like having to root it and install extra apps on my phone to be able to use it with a non Samsung device. Not to mention the dirty looks you might get at some places when people realize you're wearing a gear with a hidden camera.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

apples723

Feb 1, 2013
I got it but I need to use the alarm feture but.is there a way I can.make.it continually vibrate?

Chrono_Tata

Sep 29, 2010
is there an app that will open the notification up on my phone like persay if i got a text i could open it on my phone?
I don't think so. If you want to open up a text on your phone, you have to open it manually on your phone. There is an app that lets you dismiss notifications on the phone from your Pebble though.

apples723

Feb 1, 2013
I juat noticed this but ive been wearing my pebble for less than 24 hours and I think it came with a scratch on it what to do?

Chrono_Tata

Sep 29, 2010
I juat noticed this but ive been wearing my pebble for less than 24 hours and I think it came with a scratch on it what to do?

Get a skin and a screen protector. The plastic on the Pebble is really prone to scratches.

Recently I received a Sony Smartwatch 2 as a present. And, as much as I don't like disappointing on a present, I'm thinking of selling it away and getting a Pebble (the original). I only have a few questions regarding Pebble's usage (sometimes comparing it to Sony SW2):

1. How big Pebble is? (in comparison to Sony SW2, in case you used them both) SW2's height is about 3/4 of my wrist's width. The relatively sharp edges of SW2 seem to bi a little annoying too.
2. Can Pebble display custom watchfaces that contain extra information beside the clock? I thinking about a countdown timer, navigation information, musig info, etc. without having to push buttons. (similar to what metawatch does)
3. Has anyone tried to use Pebble (tied to an appropriate application) for sleep tracking? I'm mostly thinking of alarms that go off when it's best to wake up.
4. Can it control PowerAmp?
5. Can notification vibration patterns be configured, based on notification type?

Thank you!

Last edited:

Cero92

Oct 31, 2008
Neive
www.francescocrema.it
Recently I received a Sony Smartwatch 2 as a present. And, as much as I don't like disappointing on a present, I'm thinking of selling it away and getting a Pebble (the original). I only have a few questions regarding Pebble's usage (sometimes comparing it to Sony SW2):

1. How big Pebble is? (in comparison to Sony SW2, in case you used them both) The relatively sharp edges of SW2 seem to bi a little annoying.
2. Can Pebble display custom watchfaces that contain extra information beside the clock? I thinking about a countdown timer, navigation information, musig info, etc.
3. Has anyone tried to use Pebble (tied to an appropriate application) for sleep tracking? I'm mostly thinking of alarms that go off when it's best to wake up.
4. Can it control PowerAmp?
5. Can notification vibration patterns be configured, based on notification type?

Thank you!
I also had a Smartwatch 2 and returned it after getting a Pebble.
1. Pebble is quite smaller and more comfortable to wear, however the SW2 was not too bad for me about that
2. I'm sure it can show notification counts (missed calls, SMSs, mails), meteo and probably music, not sure about other things.
4. As far as I can read on Google, yes it can
5. Not natively, but probably you can do that if you let some external app handle notifications instead of the official one.

apples723

Feb 1, 2013
Get a skin and a screen protector. The plastic on the Pebble is really prone to scratches.

Hardest thing I've ever done applying this screen protector. Had bought messed up I came up with an excuse for best buy to give me another one and used water on the screen protector taped then on to watch and squeeged out water

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    One answer. Buy it. You won't be disappointed.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk