Recovery will not mount data

Search This thread

shizkoff777

Jan 11, 2012
elizabethton
I'm using philz recovery and flashed ROM and gapps booted fine went back into recovery to flash a kernel and as soon as it went to recovery it gave me a message it could not mount data.I can boot into my ROM and see my storage with a file explorer but not in recovery. Anybody have any advice.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
I'm using philz recovery and flashed ROM and gapps booted fine went back into recovery to flash a kernel and as soon as it went to recovery it gave me a message it could not mount data.I can boot into my ROM and see my storage with a file explorer but not in recovery. Anybody have any advice.

I would re-flash the recovery and the cache.img. If that doesn't work, try another recovery like TWRP or CWM and see if it works there. If that doesn't work, try flashing the factory image.

Reactions: shizkoff777

shizkoff777

Jan 11, 2012
elizabethton
I would re-flash the recovery and the cache.img. If that doesn't work, try another recovery like TWRP or CWM and see if it works there. If that doesn't work, try flashing the factory image.

Sorry man but when you say reflash cache.IMG dwhat do u mean?I know how to fastboot flash recovery but don't know whick cache you are referring to

shizkoff777

Jan 11, 2012
elizabethton
fastboot flash cache cache.img - from the stock rom. You should know this before rooting

Listen man my first nexus I am not a noob.I've bricked my evo 3d just so I could root my phone that was all using adb.I ****ing searched for hours before posting.I also tried all the easier fixes before posting.You don't get over 3,000 thanks not knowing anything so please keep your comments to yourself,I had never got this error and was hoping I was overlooking something easy see its not as easy for some.I've noticed these nexus forums are awful.I would have never answered over in the s4 forum with rootsu's comment

Last edited:

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Listen man my first nexus I am not a noob.I've bricked my evo 3d just so I could root my phone that was all using adb.I ****ing searched for hours before posting.I also tried all the easier fixes before posting.You don't get over 3,000 thanks not knowing anything so please keep your comments to yourself,I had never got this error and was hoping I was overlooking something easy see its not as easy for some.I've noticed these nexus forums are awful.I would have never answered over in the s4 forum with rootsu's comment

So you dont want me to help? I give you the answer and you throw it back in my face?

...and yes, you should know how to fastboot flash any partition before rooting. Its in the "read this before rooting" thread stuck at the top of this forum. If someone tells you to flash a cache.img - you should no what that means. If someone then tells you how to do it, you shouldn't come back with ridiculous comments.

Some people aren't worth helping. You'll receive nothing from me again.

No I wouldn't have replied in the s4 forum. I had an s3 and I would have replied like this too. You're supposed to arm yourself with basic knowledge before rooting. Everyone here is sick and tired of helping people who can't be bothered reading sticky threads.

shizkoff777

Jan 11, 2012
elizabethton
So you dont want me to help? I give you the answer and you throw it back in my face?

...and yes, you should know how to fastboot flash any partition before rooting. Its in the "read this before rooting" thread stuck at the top of this forum. If someone tells you to flash a cache.img - you should no what that means. If someone then tells you how to do it, you shouldn't come back with ridiculous comments.

Some people aren't worth helping. You'll receive nothing from me again.

No I wouldn't have replied in the s4 forum. I had an s3 and I would have replied like this too. You're supposed to arm yourself with basic knowledge before rooting. Everyone here is sick and tired of helping people who can't be bothered reading sticky threads.

Man I do appreciate the help but like I said I do know how to fastboot I was not asking how,just which file to use. I understand people get tired but is someone not allowed to overlook or just plain old,have a bad day.I am no newbie I've helped plenty of people with their s4's,evo3d and other phones hence why I have 6,0000 thanks.everything was going wrong yesterday and for some reason the simplist stuff was hard.But anyways sorry if I said something I shouldn't have,I just hate when you guys think everyone asking for advice or help was a noob

shizkoff777

Jan 11, 2012
elizabethton
Ok sorry.

All nexus factory images are here

https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

Download latest full rom which will include cache.img to fastboot flash

I got it man,like I said I'm sorry too.It seems I'm a little rust on my fastboot though.thank you so much.I've been up for almost 40 hrs now because of work and I just wasn't thinking clearly. I really do appreciate you guys

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    fastboot flash cache cache.img - from the stock rom. You should know this before rooting

from my experience the nexus 5 dosen't support mounting via recovery..

Not to a PC, no, but he means mount the /data partition so the phone can write to it.