How do I format my internal storage (Full Format)

Search This thread

ricochet69

Aug 3, 2010
Hey Guys,

Im selling my phone and did a factory reset and want to do a full wipe of my internal storage before selling my phone. I want to do a format where someone wont be able to download a file recovery app and look at all my photos, etc. Basically id like to find an app (and i dont care if it takes ages to run) that will fill my storage with random data and do a format.

Thanks!!!

Reactions: nuket74

tkalli

Oct 27, 2007
Hey Guys,

Im selling my phone and did a factory reset and want to do a full wipe of my internal storage before selling my phone. I want to do a format where someone wont be able to download a file recovery app and look at all my photos, etc. Basically id like to find an app (and i dont care if it takes ages to run) that will fill my storage with random data and do a format.

Thanks!!!

Reactions: minhalarabi

ricochet69

Aug 3, 2010
ok i tried what you sent on, and although this does a wipe. It doesnt seem to write to all sectors to ensure the internal storage is fully wiped. I did a full wipe using CWM and then used a program called diskdigger and it was still able to pick up photos that were "deleted" from my device.

Can anyone advise an app or program that will fully wipe my internal storage (fills each sector with random data)

becman

Jul 14, 2007
yep

mount usb storage, run any eraser type programs available to you on the mounted drive (like eraser.heidi.ie). In a bind you could also encrypt it using truecrypt and choose the method that will format all areas with random data. You could also pull from /dev/random and pipe it to the card to pseudo-wipe it (something like dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/whateveryoursdcardmountis bs=1M)

Myscha

Oct 28, 2010
I've found that flashing a stock rom and making a factory reset + wipe cache + wipe dalvik prior to that does the trick. Dunno if it's what you are looking for, though.

colint3

Mar 20, 2009
Hey Guys,

Thanks!!!

Use this Android_Revolution_HD_Super_Wipe_Galaxy_S3.zip. then install new rom from external sdcard.

regards

Colin

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Guys,

Thanks!!!
    Hey Guys,

Thanks!!!
    ok i tried what you sent on, and although this does a wipe. It doesnt seem to write to all sectors to ensure the internal storage is fully wiped. I did a full wipe using CWM and then used a program called diskdigger and it was still able to pick up photos that were "deleted" from my device.

Can anyone advise an app or program that will fully wipe my internal storage (fills each sector with random data)
    Hey Guys,

Thanks!!!

Use this Android_Revolution_HD_Super_Wipe_Galaxy_S3.zip. then install new rom from external sdcard.

regards

Colin