[Q] The Downgrade and Custom Recovery Method

Search This thread

jgeorge15

Jun 14, 2013
So I've been looking around the forums both the t mobile and the general forums to see about downgrading, rooting, and custom recovery process, more specifically the guide by dr87. But to my understanding some users had success while some users did not. I myself actually did not have success with this method. I would be able to go through the whole process but at the end, after the screen goes off and i try to turn it back on the white line issues occur. I just wanted to know how many people on this forum actually had success and how many didn't, and if you did have success did you actually do the downgrade method or had you not updated to 4.4.2 yet? It doesn't really make too much sense that if everyone has a d801 and we are all installing the same kdz and going through the process some don't work and some do. I'm just trying to see what exactly the people with success did (or what they didn't do)

SeVIIn

Jul 13, 2011
Could there really be that many people with the exact same defect though and only on T-Mo?

2 chainz

Oct 28, 2012
I'm thinking your right it happened to mine and I'm going back to exchange mine Thursday

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Woah isn't that true though?? Because I've noticed T-Mobile doesn't update they're devices when handed to you.. So couldnt we just trade our 4.4 g2's for the 4.2 g2's? If were desperate because I am.... I miss that stock feeling ;/ I mean lg ui is actually good in my opinion... I Just hate how the settings are like a panel view and that's it I wish I could change it to list view anyone know how?? And actually I think we all can exchange our g2 and say something happened or if they're Cool say you want the white version instead Lol idk

Woah isn't that true though?? Because I've noticed T-Mobile doesn't update they're devices when handed to you.. So couldnt we just trade our 4.4 g2's for the 4.2 g2's? If were desperate because I am.... I miss that stock feeling ;/ I mean lg ui is actually good in my opinion... I Just hate how the settings are like a panel view and that's it I wish I could change it to list view anyone know how?? And actually I think we all can exchange our g2 and say something happened or if they're Cool say you want the white version instead Lol idk

When in settings hit the menu button and it will give you the option