Note Pro 12.2 LTE not going to sleep

Search This thread

zaheedsk

Apr 3, 2013
Pretoria
Hi All,
Ive been having an issue with my P905. Android system is keeping awake all the time. Anyone else experiencing this? Any fix?

I've tried factory reset. It worked fine for a few days but its not sleeping anymore. I have two profiles set up, not sure if this could be an issue? I dont want to root due to warranty issues. Ive tried installing BetterBatteryStats but without root the guys cannot help.

I've tried reinstalling the official software without wiping but this did not help. All the apps I have installed on the tablet I have installed on my Note 3 as well, other that bloat.

Not sure what to do now. Please help.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-P905 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ericbergan

Sep 22, 2007
Hi All,
Ive been having an issue with my P905. Android system is keeping awake all the time. Anyone else experiencing this? Any fix?

I've tried factory reset. It worked fine for a few days but its not sleeping anymore. I have two profiles set up, not sure if this could be an issue? I dont want to root due to warranty issues. Ive tried installing BetterBatteryStats but without root the guys cannot help.

I've tried reinstalling the official software without wiping but this did not help. All the apps I have installed on the tablet I have installed on my Note 3 as well, other that bloat.

Not sure what to do now. Please help.
Thanks

I had a similar problem, and digging around, found that the NY Times app was using up a huge amount of the battery, even though it was set to only update every 4 hours. I removed it from the Magazine UI page, and while I couldn't uninstall it, I did restore the app to the factory image and deleted its data/cache. That fixed it for me.

zaheedsk

Apr 3, 2013
Pretoria
I had a similar problem, and digging around, found that the NY Times app was using up a huge amount of the battery, even though it was set to only update every 4 hours. I removed it from the Magazine UI page, and while I couldn't uninstall it, I did restore the app to the factory image and deleted its data/cache. That fixed it for me.

Thanks. Ill try the same. I hope it works. Will let you know.

zaheedsk

Apr 3, 2013
Pretoria
Update: I clear cache, data and uninstalled updates for NY Times. I disabled the app as well. Fully charged and restated the tab. Still no luck. Android system still kept awake all the time until now. Any other suggestions please?

ericbergan

Sep 22, 2007
Update: I clear cache, data and uninstalled updates for NY Times. I disabled the app as well. Fully charged and restated the tab. Still no luck. Android system still kept awake all the time until now. Any other suggestions please?

This is so hard without being able to root the device.

Backing up, when you say it is kept awake, do you mean that it won't go into Deep Sleep, or the screen is actually staying on?

Assuming it's not a screen timeout issue, the places I looked were in the settings battery section - it shows what procs are using up the battery. I also checked settings for applications under running, looking at who was accumulating CPU, and also the System Panel app, which gives a different view into processes running.

What I would recommend is to charge the tablet up, then right before turning in, restart it (which will reset all the usage counters) and leave it that way overnight. Check first thing in the morning for what has been happening during the time it should have been in Deep Sleep.

zaheedsk

Apr 3, 2013
Pretoria
This is so hard without being able to root the device.

Backing up, when you say it is kept awake, do you mean that it won't go into Deep Sleep, or the screen is actually staying on?

Assuming it's not a screen timeout issue, the places I looked were in the settings battery section - it shows what procs are using up the battery. I also checked settings for applications under running, looking at who was accumulating CPU, and also the System Panel app, which gives a different view into processes running.

What I would recommend is to charge the tablet up, then right before turning in, restart it (which will reset all the usage counters) and leave it that way overnight. Check first thing in the morning for what has been happening during the time it should have been in Deep Sleep.

Thanks a lot for your help, appreciated. The issue is deep sleep. Last night I charged and just before 100% I switched off and on again. Before restarting I disabled the NY Times app. Ive attached screen shots of the battery now. Hopefully you can see something that I've missed.

Attachments

• 1399062205110.jpg
    1399062205110.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 112
  • 1399062228201.jpg
    1399062228201.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 108
  • 1399062259330.jpg
    1399062259330.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 107

ericbergan

Sep 22, 2007
Thanks a lot for your help, appreciated. The issue is deep sleep. Last night I charged and just before 100% I switched off and on again. Before restarting I disabled the NY Times app. Ive attached screen shots of the battery now. Hopefully you can see something that I've missed.

I'm not seeing any smoking guns there. If you're not seeing anything suspicious under Running in Apps Management or one of the other performance monitoring apps, you may have to just start uninstalling things and see if you can isolate it that way.

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
What does the battery chart look like, tap on that green/gray graph and take a screen shot. This reminds me of my LTE Galaxy Tab 10.1. LTE would consume battery like crazy sometimes, particularly when signal strength was marginal.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

zaheedsk

Apr 3, 2013
Pretoria
What does the battery chart look like, tap on that green/gray graph and take a screen shot. This reminds me of my LTE Galaxy Tab 10.1. LTE would consume battery like crazy sometimes, particularly when signal strength was marginal.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

This is the current screen shot. Ive done a few tests and it seems Android system keeps awake even in flight mode. The entire weekend the tab has been at home and connected to wifi most of the time.

Thanks

Attachments

• 1399201286794.jpg
    1399201286794.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 72

ali_jiwa

Dec 25, 2013
Leicester, UK
try the greenify app?

last i remember the developer released a non root version but im not sure if your device is supported.

search playstore for "Greenify" and get the non root version

it hibernates most apps until you run them manually.. you could use this to possibly pin point the app that may be preventing sleep? hibernate all the apps you can and then remove on app from hibernation list and see which app is the culprit... each time removing it from hibernate and then putting it back or rather replacing it with another one so you can accurately see the effect of each app on sleep?

zaheedsk

Apr 3, 2013
Pretoria
try the greenify app?

last i remember the developer released a non root version but im not sure if your device is supported.

search playstore for "Greenify" and get the non root version

it hibernates most apps until you run them manually.. you could use this to possibly pin point the app that may be preventing sleep? hibernate all the apps you can and then remove on app from hibernation list and see which app is the culprit... each time removing it from hibernate and then putting it back or rather replacing it with another one so you can accurately see the effect of each app on sleep?

Thanks I'll try that. Will post results.

zaheedsk

Apr 3, 2013
Pretoria
Update

I tried to greenify everything that I could. This did not help. I found that WakeLock Detector works on non-rooted devices via a PC version. I tried this and yesterday I think I found the cause. Seems com.sec.android.app.bluetoothtest is keeping awake for over a day. I dont have bluetooth switched on. I thried switching it on a left it on for a few hours but that did not help. Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks

Attachments

• 1399471026039.jpg
    1399471026039.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 68

ericbergan

Sep 22, 2007
Update

I tried to greenify everything that I could. This did not help. I found that WakeLock Detector works on non-rooted devices via a PC version. I tried this and yesterday I think I found the cause. Seems com.sec.android.app.bluetoothtest is keeping awake for over a day. I dont have bluetooth switched on. I thried switching it on a left it on for a few hours but that did not help. Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks

I don't see this running on my P905. Quick web search mainly brings up links listing in in bloatware lists for various models.