ME301 Troubleshooting for CROMBI

Search This thread

hardslog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 17, 2009
Hey ME301 users.

I have decided to move this information over to a Q&A thread so we don't bung up CROMBI thread with this. It seems that there is something that is not letting ME301 users install and run the latest 4.4.3 version of CROMBI and of course we are hoping to do something about that.

I will post a few test zips to try and see if they can allow you to boot on to CROMBI.

As the users who are testing this out there are a few things that I ask of you when troubleshooting:

1. When installing CROMBI, please make sure you do a factory reset wipe in TWRP and also wipe cache and dalvik cache
  2. Please do not choose any options in the installer for running data2sd, rom2sd or f2fs. If you have f2fs on your internal /data I could possibly make up a test for that. I am going to stick to EXT4 for now.
  3. Make sure you choose ME301 in the installer, and choose do not install a kernel
  4. Flash one of the test zips provided below once you finish installing CROMBI and before you reboot your tablet
  5. If it fails to boot, please indicate whether it boot loops at black Asus logo screen or at the bootanimation
  6. If it is bootlooping at the bootanimation, then please send me a logcat as well as a last_kmsg and attach it to this thread. If you do not know how to do this there are many guides on XDA that can explain it much better than I can.

That should be about all for now. Let the testing begin!

EDIT/UPDATE - Tests 1-4 = FAIL, how about test 5?

Last edited:

DrBeaker

Mar 4, 2013
Hey ME301 users.

I have decided to move this information over to a Q&A thread so we don't bung up CROMBI thread with this. It seems that there is something that is not letting ME301 users install and run the latest 4.4.3 version of CROMBI and of course we are hoping to do something about that.

I will post a few test zips to try and see if they can allow you to boot on to CROMBI.

As the users who are testing this out there are a few things that I ask of you when troubleshooting:

1. When installing CROMBI, please make sure you do a factory reset wipe in TWRP and also wipe cache and dalvik cache
  2. Please do not choose any options in the installer for running data2sd, rom2sd or f2fs. If you have f2fs on your internal /data I could possibly make up a test for that. I am going to stick to EXT4 for now.
  3. Make sure you choose ME301 in the installer, and choose do not install a kernel
  4. Flash one of the test zips provided below once you finish installing CROMBI and before you reboot your tablet
  5. If it fails to boot, please indicate whether it boot loops at black Asus logo screen or at the bootanimation
  6. If it is bootlooping at the bootanimation, then please send me a logcat as well as a last_kmsg and attach it to this thread. If you do not know how to do this there are many guides on XDA that can explain it much better than I can.

Test 1 & 2 both bootloop at the bootanimation Crombi-KK logo. I cannot pull logcat or last_Kmsg as my command prompt shows device as "offline" and after entering the commands it just reads "waiting for device".

hardslog

Nov 17, 2009
Test 1 & 2 both bootloop at the bootanimation Crombi-KK logo. I cannot pull logcat or last_Kmsg as my command prompt shows device as "offline" and after entering the commands it just reads "waiting for device".

If you reboot into TWRP, you can go into 'advanced' and then 'file manager' and then go into the 'proc' folder and in there you can find the last_kmsg. If you select it, it will allow you to copy it to your sd card.

hardslog

Nov 17, 2009
@hardslog thank you for your continued attempts to get this moving.

I have tried 3 and 4 with same results. Boots to Crombi bootanimation and remains there.

Attached is zip of Last_Kmsg for zips 3 and 4.

I hope they are helping.

Is it possible that instead of zipping the files, to rename them to a .txt and upload them uncompressed? It seems that when they get zipped the encoding gets messed up.

Reactions: lj50036

DrBeaker

Mar 4, 2013
Is it possible that instead of zipping the files, to rename them to a .txt and upload them uncompressed? It seems that when they get zipped the encoding gets messed up.

I found the same thing myself, was hard to view.

I have taken the files, copied to SD then simply added .txt to the end of the file.

Attached are the results.

Let me know what i can do to assist further.

Attachments

• Test3zip_last_kmsg.txt
    268.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Test4zip_last_kmsg.txt
    154.2 KB · Views: 3
  • test1zip_last_kmsg.txt
    96.7 KB · Views: 6
  • test2zip_last_kmsg.txt
    98.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
OK,

Here is what I need....

Someone with a me301t that boots, turn on adb either in rom or boot into recovery and run this command

Code:
adb pull proc/config.gz

Upload the file somewhere so I can download it......

Thx Josh & Team CROMBI

DrBeaker

Mar 4, 2013
OK,

Here is what I need....

Someone with a me301t that boots, turn on adb either in rom or boot into recovery and run this command

Code:
adb pull proc/config.gz

Upload the file somewhere so I can download it......

Thx Josh & Team CROMBI

I cannot get ADB function to initialize while instlaling this rom. It boot loops at Crombi logo, and ADB indicates "device offline" and will not accept any commands.

While in recovery, ADB mode does not seem to be enabled. Best we can do at this time is browse to folders on the tab using the advanced/File Manager.

I have pulled that file and attached in its raw format and a copy with .txt on the end (which appears unreadable).

Attachments

• config.gz
    19.8 KB · Views: 4
  • config.txt
    87.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Reactions: lj50036

gosa

Aug 3, 2009
not really. We are pretty stumped on this one right now, sorry to say.

Do we need any more logs of something?

- I just got back from a vacation and now have access to a computer again so I could probably do some tests with my tablet while in front of the tv enjoying the World Cup

(thought this thing with adb would be some real scary **** from my linux netbook instead of my Windows partition but it turned out to be easier than I thought to get it set up)

/gosa

gosa

Aug 3, 2009
Result from test 5. Still stuck on boot logo (CROMBi-KK) .

Uploading last_kmsg taken from twrp. (take away .txt)

On my way out, so adb logcat will have to wait a bit more.

-Thanks for working on this!

Attachments

• last_kmsg.txt
    190.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

rdrai

Aug 21, 2013
Spijkenisse
hardslog i got it working :D...

Test 1: failed (Rom booted but much of error's ,fc and apps stopped working.)

1. flashed the new version and selected in aroma installer tf300.
2. Flashed without kernel and flashed "[Kernel][ME301T] KitKat Compatibility Pack V2.5 [May 13 2014]"

Test 2: succes booting and working :laugh: :good:

1.Flashed the new verson (4.4.4) and selected in aroma installer tf300.
2.Flashed without kernel and with your test5.zip

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey ME301 users.

EDIT/UPDATE - Tests 1-4 = FAIL, how about test 5?
    TEST 6

Please test and report back :)
    If you reboot into TWRP, you can go into 'advanced' and then 'file manager' and then go into the 'proc' folder and in there you can find the last_kmsg. If you select it, it will allow you to copy it to your sd card.

I have attached zip that contains test 1 and test 2 results.
    hardslog i got it working :D...

Test 1: failed (Rom booted but much of error's ,fc and apps stopped working.)

1. flashed the new version and selected in aroma installer tf300.
    2. Flashed without kernel and flashed "[Kernel][ME301T] KitKat Compatibility Pack V2.5 [May 13 2014]"

Test 2: succes booting and working :laugh: :good:

1.Flashed the new verson (4.4.4) and selected in aroma installer tf300.
    2.Flashed without kernel and with your test5.zip
    I can confirm latest version with test 5 works.