[BootAnimation & Shutdownanimation] MASSIVE G3 Collection <<Over 66+>> 10/9/14

Search This thread

Geezer

May 24, 2005
Warsaw
What if one has a branded phone and the bloatware boot/shutdown animation is located in data\.op\operator specific folder ??

1. remove that folder ?
2. swap the animation files in that folder or still in system\media ?

THE ANSWER IS #2
tested.

Last edited:

Geezer

May 24, 2005
Warsaw
i cant get it to work. looks like my bootanimation is somehow hardcoded. even if i removed it in /system/media folder and placing the boot and shutdown animation from here, it still loads my crap provider's bootanimation and shutdown animation. any ideas??

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk 2

the provider / carrier bloat animation along with bloatware apps sits in data\.op

benkxda

Jan 28, 2012
@KachowPow First, thanks for your animations.
Second, :crying: ... I was trying to download those files from mediafire and never worked out. I entered the requested numbers, but then mediafire just opened new ad pages, no downloads. I used G3 + Chrome and I know about this mediafire problems with mobile devices.

Could you please consider to offer another download for mobiles? :)

KachowPow

Oct 23, 2012
Philadelphia
Thanks for the animation, looks pretty cool on my new G3

One thing I miss is this boot animation but I can't replicate it on the G3

http://www.androidauthority.com/comics-boot-animation-402244/

I know its a little off topic so sorry but I have tried everything and you seem to be best person to solution (tried manually moving zip, install with Toolbox etc).

OP please try to make this one work. This is the super hero bootanimation that was famous all around Google plus...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/npexnwaia121w05/marvelboot.zip I flashed it but it boots without a bootanimation

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Here you go,,,, I've updated this one, it is different than the one in Post #2 labeled Marvel-DC=Clash,
this one is Marvel-DC.boot and you can download it directly from here -> Mega Download

Enjoy!:good:

@KachowPow First, thanks for your animations.
Second, :crying: ... I was trying to download those files from mediafire and never worked out. I entered the requested numbers, but then mediafire just opened new ad pages, no downloads. I used G3 + Chrome and I know about this mediafire problems with mobile devices.

Could you please consider to offer another download for mobiles? :)

A solution for mobile downloads, absolutely! @benkxda Sorry to hear about the MediaFire links, I had no idea MediaFire was spamming those links. Anyhow, here is the link for the Master File over at Mega -> https://mega.co.nz/#F!KxxFyR7R!AfL0_fgcYCKO6m1OiCGuLA as I add more and more Boot and Shutdown animations I'll just keep adding new folders within this master link and hopefully will have a better result. I'll update the OP shortly...

ElBeaner

Feb 22, 2012
Dallas
I put in the new one listed above, and I don't get all the animation even with sticky before phone just boots

I get to IronMan and then it stops and it is quite a bit slower than the gif above. On a D850

Last edited:

IamPro

Dec 2, 2010
I put in the new one listed above, and I don't get all the animation even with sticky before phone just boots

I get to IronMan and then it stops and it is quite a bit slower than the gif above. On a D850

I have the same problem :crying:

Not sure if cuz QHD screen or different animation

KachowPow

Oct 23, 2012
Philadelphia

I have the same problem :crying:

Not sure if cuz QHD screen or different animation

Just a couple of things... Keep in mind these Bootanimations are full 1440x2560, not to mention this Boot Ani has 497 images on each file (which is nearly double what most bootanimations hold,) plus the stock LG bootscreen that loads on the initial reboot only leaves about 17 seconds worth of an actual Boot animation to play after it loads, which most boot animations can get at least 20 seconds+ if not more of playtime. I have maxed out the speed limit at 150 frames per second on this latest bootanimation and this is the fastest this will play in a stable state. The previous Marvel-DC-boot ran at 90 frames per second so hopefully this boost will give a nice improvement. :good:

Anyhow, here you go. Link to Marvel-DC-150. Enjoy!

Reactions: IamPro

lokichim

Jul 16, 2012
MEMPHIS
I'm in the d851 version USA mobile. And the showdown animation from 7/13/14 worked better for me, yes the animation is still a bit short and ends up showing some of the home screen after but it's manageable. It actually showed some of the animation the one from 7/17/14 just showed black screen and the status bar. As to the settings in the home touch buttons. The remove Gradation option is not there. I have changed the color of the navigation bar to just black and nothing still giving me the same thing. Is there something I'm missing? 7/13/14 bootanimation worked perfectly though.

So I'm assuming 7/13/14 version is better for my specific phone or version

:good::good:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-28-00-58-08.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-07-28-00-58-08.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 287

Slash8915

Dec 9, 2009
Texas
I have the D-851 US T-mobile variant.

7/13 & 7/17 Boot animations both work perfectly. However, only the 7/13 shutdown animation works.

Geezer

May 24, 2005
Warsaw
Strange but with the newest shutdownanimation (7/25/14) the bootanimation (7/17/14) gets shorter - one cannot see the whole "android" sign pop out.
On the other hand the matching shutdownanimation (7/17/14) is very, very short.

KachowPow

Oct 23, 2012
Philadelphia
The marvel animation is kinda slow.. On my note 3 it was a lot smoother

This is the FINAL Revision of the Marvel-DC Bootanimation, I'm done working on this one. I have other Boot Animation projects for the G3 that I want to get started on. Click here to access the Mega link here or check the OP for the Master Folder link.

After moved the both files my phone doesnt boot anymore. I also set the correct rights. Its still showing the "LG Life's Good" screen.

We all may have LG G3's in this forum (for the most part), but there are plenty of different variants and carriers, hard to help, if we don't know what variant and carrier you have (also my want to read through the thread before posting as your question has most likely been answered already)....

thanks for this!! i am so glad to get rid of that dumbassed VZW BA - gak!
Success! Glad you're enjoying this thread! :good:

Last edited:
Reactions: Mi|enko and IamPro

Mi|enko

Jul 15, 2006
This is the FINAL Revision of the Marvel-DC Bootanimation, I'm done working on this one. I have other Boot Animation projects for the G3 that I want to get started on. Click here to access the Mega link here or check the OP for the Master Folder link.

We all may have LG G3's in this forum (for the most part), but there are plenty of different variants and carriers, hard to help, if we don't know what variant and carrier you have (also my want to read through the thread before posting as your question has most likely been answered already)....

Success! Glad you're enjoying this thread! :good:
Thanks for the Marvel/DC BA. I edited the images in mine to be 1080x1920 (but left the desc.txt to still play at full size). This translated to far superior results with fluidity of the animations. This is a practice I've been doing for a while, as you can play a lower resolution but higher quality image far more smoothly, than a lower quality full res image. :)

Reactions: cwhitney24

Upstreammiami

Jun 8, 2010
Davie
Thanks for the Marvel/DC BA. I edited the images in mine to be 1080x1920 (but left the desc.txt to still play at full size). This translated to far superior results with fluidity of the animations. This is a practice I've been doing for a while, as you can play a lower resolution but higher quality image far more smoothly, than a lower quality full res image. :)

Can you please share

steber04

Jan 14, 2011
Kingston
Just reporting that I got the pink floyd one working on my VS985... Both video and audio. Was concerned about the audio file as their was no poweron.ogg in my ui folder. Simply supplied the files and corrected the permissions (outside of the T on the bootimages, wouldn't take even in root browser). :good:

Top Liked Posts