[THEMES][MODS] The EVO Classic Page - 12.30.2011

Search This thread

moseso

Dec 9, 2010
Hopkins, MN, USA
moseso.com
My Screens

Took me a long time to finally change from Sprint Lovers ROM 3.70.651.1
I had it just the way I wanted it -- and it took a long time to do that.
(Definitely NOT a flashaholic -- but I do like to tinker with it.)

Supermagic Preview 0.0.6
Linalata's Legendary Classic Theme
Simi Clock & Simi Folders
My own favorite default phone pic
&, of course, my splash screen

Attachments

• 2012-03-03_16-39-38.jpg
    2012-03-03_16-39-38.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 310
  • 2012-03-03_16-39-51.jpg
    2012-03-03_16-39-51.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 312
  • 2012-02-26_14-57-37.jpg
    2012-02-26_14-57-37.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 306
  • 2012-02-26_13-22-03.jpg
    2012-02-26_13-22-03.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 303
  • 2012-02-26_13-22-32.jpg
    2012-02-26_13-22-32.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 276
  • 2012-02-26_13-48-04.jpg
    2012-02-26_13-48-04.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 265
  • 2012-02-26_13-26-00.jpg
    2012-02-26_13-26-00.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 261
  • Moses.2.jpg
    Moses.2.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:

revcp

Nov 8, 2008
Twin Cities
Specific Theme

Hi, all
Hope someone can help me with this. My wifi connection was having an issue so had to reflash the Rom. Now I can't fine the theme I was using. Have tried all the themes on my sd, and, oddly enough, I seem to be missing one. It's a blue tinged theme that has two tomatoes on the transparent lockscreen. Sound familiar to anyone?

Edit: Found it. Classic Underground by PHE-NOM.

Last edited:

rodohmes

Apr 29, 2011
St. Louis
Is there a way to go back to the original Classic theme without re-flashing the whole ROM? I tried the option in the Classic Updater about "back to the way it was", but when it tried to apply it in recovery it keeps saying there's an error. TIA guys.

Sent from my Classic EVO using Tapatalk

tuscolavol

May 20, 2009
Benton, AR
Is there a way to go back to the original Classic theme without re-flashing the whole ROM? I tried the option in the Classic Updater about "back to the way it was", but when it tried to apply it in recovery it keeps saying there's an error. TIA guys.

Don't know of this is what you're asking but you can just wipe both caches and reflash the rom. You'll keep all your settings, apps. I think you'll have to re-apply any widgets to your screen. And, of course, you'll lose any mods and themes.

Sent from my EVO

rodohmes

Apr 29, 2011
St. Louis
Don't know of this is what you're asking but you can just wipe both caches and reflash the rom. You'll keep all your settings, apps. I think you'll have to re-apply any widgets to your screen. And, of course, you'll lose any mods and themes.

Sent from my EVO

I didn't realize that all those things would stay unaffected.

For some reason I was getting the signature verification error, so I toggled that option and it worked like a charm (never knew what that did, until now, haha).

MyxoFish

Jan 27, 2011
Is there anyway I can remove the transparency in the app drawer and notification pulldown and keep everything solid? I tried doing it by myself... but created something that ended up crashing everything! :(

moose1313

Mar 25, 2012
Love Zipthemer

Hey guys loving zipthemer, on v 0.9 trying to find all mods that can be applied with zipthemer, Im finding some on one page two more on another, is there any one area that has all mods for classic...i have not been able to get classic updater to work. I can download mods but after i press apply nothing happens it says its suppose to reboot but it doesnt, updater does have superuser permission but like i said love zipthemer

Mongo23ny

Sep 30, 2011
Long Island
Hey guys loving zipthemer, on v 0.9 trying to find all mods that can be applied with zipthemer, Im finding some on one page two more on another, is there any one area that has all mods for classic...i have not been able to get classic updater to work. I can download mods but after i press apply nothing happens it says its suppose to reboot but it doesnt, updater does have superuser permission but like i said love zipthemer

Not sure classic updater works on v09, it's kind of a preview. When v1.0 comes out, everything will work.

Sent from my Classic EVO using Tapatalk 2

alanjsnider

May 22, 2012
help: control file error

Hey everyone, I'm having the same error that rodohmes was having—I'm getting the "can't find a theme control file" error.

I've completely wiped and reinstalled the sense ROM and zipthemer twice now, and the first time I open ZipTheme and calibrate it (with the sense ROM), after doing that I still get the control file error when I try to load my theme.

It's a drag. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong here? Or is there a way to load themes from the classic control panel? Because when I click "full themes" in that app, nothing happens.

Thanks everyone.

rodohmes

Apr 29, 2011
St. Louis
Hey everyone, I'm having the same error that rodohmes was having—I'm getting the "can't find a theme control file" error.

I've completely wiped and reinstalled the sense ROM and zipthemer twice now, and the first time I open ZipTheme and calibrate it (with the sense ROM), after doing that I still get the control file error when I try to load my theme.

It's a drag. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong here? Or is there a way to load themes from the classic control panel? Because when I click "full themes" in that app, nothing happens.

Thanks everyone.

My initial issue was that I was being a bonehead and trying to use zipthemer when all I needed to do was flash the zip in recovery.

If you're on anything prior to .09 the classic updater should work for the themes. Check out the "how to configure the updater" video in the OP.

- sent from my Classic cell phone

Reactions: alanjsnider

alanjsnider

May 22, 2012
My initial issue was that I was being a bonehead and trying to use zipthemer when all I needed to do was flash the zip in recovery.

If you're on anything prior to .09 the classic updater should work for the themes. Check out the "how to configure the updater" video in the OP.

- sent from my Classic cell phone

Thanks. I am on .09—should've included that above. Is that my problem?

Also, how do I flash the theme in recovery? I tried "install from zip" but that was a bad idea.

I'm trying to use the EVOlved classic theme or the Warm Tomatoe theme.

Thanks again.

Mongo23ny

Sep 30, 2011
Long Island
Thanks. I am on .09—should've included that above. Is that my problem?

Also, how do I flash the theme in recovery? I tried "install from zip" but that was a bad idea.

I'm trying to use the EVOlved classic theme or the Warm Tomatoe theme.

Thanks again.

If you're on v9, those themes don't work. Try Psichi, krwdre, or xns themes. As far as flashing a theme, boot into recovery, wipe cache and dalvik. Then choose the theme zip to install, flash and reboot.

Sent from my Classic EVO using Tapatalk 2

PHE-NOM

Feb 1, 2009
jacksonville, FL
Will this thread be a place were we can find mods and theme info for the v0.1.0?

This is the place where YOU can find links to all themes and mods, but is YOUR responsibility to check in the different threads and see if those themes you like have been updated, if not kindly ask the themer if he/she has plans on updating. I'm sure Tommy has a lot on his plate right now, so staying on top of theme updates is probably not his main priority :)

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

Reactions: tommytomatoe

tommytomatoe

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2010
Knoxville USA
Once I get back i will update op with all the themes threads I can find.

Also, for themers, since I expect to release patches, I will make a thread for resources for you guys. Anytime an apk is updated I will post it so you can easily update your theme.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

ShagNasty2

Feb 21, 2010
Central Florida
Not sure what happened, loaded a theme, done a zipalign and lost my stock browser app. Icon and app is gone. Is there an apk i can load to get the stock browser back?:confused:

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

Not sure what happened, loaded a theme, done a zipalign and lost my stock browser app. Icon and app is gone. Is there an apk i can load to get the stock browser back?:confused:

Nevermind. Came back after a reboot. Sorry guys.:D

Top Liked Posts