[Q] 4.4 ota file location

Search This thread

Caseyk621

Mar 20, 2011
Rochester, NY
OnePlus 9 Pro
Did you mean Data/Cache?

I found the following file in \cache\blur_Version.12.15.15.obake-max_verizon.en.us.zip. I'm assuming that this is the 4.2.2 update and not the 4.4 update...is that correct?

Yeah data/cache. OTA is named based on version you're coming from. So that's the 4.4 update should bring you to 19.5.3

Sent from my KitKat Ultra

Reactions: Slarti77

Slarti77

Jan 9, 2011
Yeah data/cache. OTA is named based on version you're coming from. So that's the 4.4 update should bring you to 19.5.3

Thanks Casey,
that was what I was looking for. I'm looking to delay the 4.4 update as I'm rooted on 4.2.2 and don't want to keep getting the ragware to update and accidently take the update before doing Jcase's slap my moto.

Slarti77

Jan 9, 2011
Casey,
will moving the file out of the system partition /cache/ directory and onto the sdcard somewhere stop the update from moving forward or will the phone just download another file?

Thx

Topsnake

Jan 30, 2011
Casey,
will moving the file out of the system partition /cache/ directory and onto the sdcard somewhere stop the update from moving forward or will the phone just download another file?

Thx

It will redownload. Since your rooted, just follow my guide in the dev section to retain root through the 4.4 ota

Maxx'd out Kit Kat

Slarti77

Jan 9, 2011
It will redownload. Since your rooted, just follow my guide in the dev section to retain root through the 4.4 ota

Maxx'd out Kit Kat

Thanks Topsnake,
Let me push this a little further...what would happen if I put a file in the original files place (same name) with just some text in it? If I accidentally hit "update" would it just error out, or would it check signature file, hash or something else, see that it was not the correct file, DL the correct file and then proceed to upgrade me to 4.4?

Just wondering...

Thx

Mark

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did you mean Data/Cache?

I found the following file in \cache\blur_Version.12.15.15.obake-max_verizon.en.us.zip. I'm assuming that this is the 4.2.2 update and not the 4.4 update...is that correct?