[Q] Bought an Xperia , It's got the red led -_-

Search This thread

Berylbala

Mar 23, 2013
I've searched the forums and tried many different options for hours !!

So , I bought an Xperia S on an auction for fairly cheap.
Went home , wanted to enjoy my new smartphone but when I connected it to the wall charger I got a solid red light.(Instantly)
Never had a Xperia before so didn't know this was a problem , after few hours I disconnected it and connected it to my pc.
Still solid red light but now after a few minutes it would go away. Then after hours of searching I tried some methods.
So when it was connected to my pc and the red light would go away , I pressed Vol + & Power , I got a few red flashes and after that 1 buzz and after 3 buzzes.
After the 3 buzzes I released all buttons and the led would be off. Tried it again then , still no led , after a few times the led just turned solid red again.
Got myself flashtool and stock tft File.
Now this tricked worked for me so far , to get it in flashmode , I removed the battery ( Btw also tried to jump start it with a cut usb chord, got little response from it ) and after
I would put it back and apply the rubber band to the Vol - button. After then connecting the usb it would give me a solid red again but after like 10 mins it becomes green.
With flashtool set up , I did this trick and was able to flash the phone to stock.
From what I've read , you should then plug it out of your pc , press the power button once ( it would vibrate once ,but gives no response after that ) and then plug it into a wall charger.

Now I did that and this time it took a few seconds for the led time to turn red . I went to sleep , and when i woke up the led was off , till now it is.

Ow , I never got a sony logo or a charging logo. Only time I saw something ( Little white light ) on the screen is after I jumpstarted/charged my battery with cut off usb chord.
Few questions,

Should I let it sit in the charger now , and for how long ? And what am I waiting for , the solid red to come back again or ?
Is it possible that there's some hardware malfunction , cause I seem to get leds and response from resetting. In other words , is my phone still safeable?
Should I try to get a new battery or will the same problem persist with it?

I'm not far away from throwing it out the window , but I still believe in this little fella :cowboy:

WarSupport

Nov 24, 2013
Woodstock,ON
I've searched the forums and tried many different options for hours !!

So , I bought an Xperia S on an auction for fairly cheap.
Went home , wanted to enjoy my new smartphone but when I connected it to the wall charger I got a solid red light.(Instantly)
Never had a Xperia before so didn't know this was a problem , after few hours I disconnected it and connected it to my pc.
Still solid red light but now after a few minutes it would go away. Then after hours of searching I tried some methods.
So when it was connected to my pc and the red light would go away , I pressed Vol + & Power , I got a few red flashes and after that 1 buzz and after 3 buzzes.
After the 3 buzzes I released all buttons and the led would be off. Tried it again then , still no led , after a few times the led just turned solid red again.
Got myself flashtool and stock tft File.
Now this tricked worked for me so far , to get it in flashmode , I removed the battery ( Btw also tried to jump start it with a cut usb chord, got little response from it ) and after
I would put it back and apply the rubber band to the Vol - button. After then connecting the usb it would give me a solid red again but after like 10 mins it becomes green.
With flashtool set up , I did this trick and was able to flash the phone to stock.
From what I've read , you should then plug it out of your pc , press the power button once ( it would vibrate once ,but gives no response after that ) and then plug it into a wall charger.

Now I did that and this time it took a few seconds for the led time to turn red . I went to sleep , and when i woke up the led was off , till now it is.

Ow , I never got a sony logo or a charging logo. Only time I saw something ( Little white light ) on the screen is after I jumpstarted/charged my battery with cut off usb chord.
Few questions,

Should I let it sit in the charger now , and for how long ? And what am I waiting for , the solid red to come back again or ?
Is it possible that there's some hardware malfunction , cause I seem to get leds and response from resetting. In other words , is my phone still safeable?
Should I try to get a new battery or will the same problem persist with it?

I'm not far away from throwing it out the window , but I still believe in this little fella :cowboy:

Hi...I had a very similar problem with my Xperia T. Tried everything I possibly could to get the phone going,with no success. So I bought a new battery.Put it on the charger for a few hours and used Sony Update Service to repair my Xperia T. Than put it on the charger and finally after a few minutes my charging light for the first time in months went from red to orange to green.

So I would purchase a battery before you give up. You can get them very cheap on Ebay. It's at least worth a shot for the cheap price. Good Luck.

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
Red Led hmm

Download drivers for Xperia S
download flashtool (done)
download stock FTF (6.2.B.1.96 i think)

hold volume up and power untill it buzzed 3 times
(dont have plugged in)

use flashtool to flash the FTF you have downloaded (google)
(flashmode is volume down while plugging into PC)
also ensure the wipe data cache and dalvik options are all ticked (if there then tick it)

once its done flashing (it should say) unplug it and hold power to turn on

if this does not work you have a hardware fault with the device any you need to send to a sony repair centre

Last edited:

Berylbala

Mar 23, 2013
Red Led hmm

Download drivers for Xperia S
download flashtool (done)
download stock FTF (6.2.B.1.96 i think)

hold volume up and power untill it buzzed 3 times
(dont have plugged in)

use flashtool to flash the FTF you have downloaded (google)
(flashmode is volume down while plugging into PC)
also ensure the wipe data cache and dalvik options are all ticked (if there then tick it)

once its done flashing (it should say) unplug it and hold power to turn on

if this does not work you have a hardware fault with the device any you need to send to a sony repair centre

Hi , thanks for the response , but I did all this , except that i can't hold down volume up and power without plugging in.
I got the phone from an auction , so I'm thinking that it probably had been laying there for quite the time. It was also an auction for stuff that wasn't picked up from the lost & found of the airport.That only increases the chance I think , that the battery just died.

I think i'm gonna make this final offer and buy an official sony battery for my device.
If this will not work , I'll give up , and I can't take it to a Sony Repair Centre cause I don't have any kind of ticket ,
and I bet it will cost more then instead of buying a new phone.

Let's hope for this battery to work :good::good::good:

I'll keep posted here about what happend then for other people with the same issue :cool: