No new text notification while screen is on and in conversation

Search This thread

totaman

Sep 10, 2007
I have had the M8 since release and I've always had the issue of no new notification, if I receive a text while the screen is on and I'm still in the current conversation. Example: I'll text someone back, put the phone down without turning the screen off but don't check it unless I hear the notification go off. I'll get a new text but I won't receive a notification (vibrate, ringer or LED).

I've tried 8SMS and Hangouts and the issue is still there. I've tried to search for any solutions but nothing has pointed me to a similar thread (could be keywords I'm using). For now, I try to hit the home button when I'm finished sending my text in hopes I would get the notification.

Can somebody point me to a fix or suggest a fix? I'm rooted and s-off'd but running stock ROM.

xaalfx

Sep 22, 2011
I have had the M8 since release and I've always had the issue of no new notification, if I receive a text while the screen is on and I'm still in the current conversation. Example: I'll text someone back, put the phone down without turning the screen off but don't check it unless I hear the notification go off. I'll get a new text but I won't receive a notification (vibrate, ringer or LED).

I've tried 8SMS and Hangouts and the issue is still there. I've tried to search for any solutions but nothing has pointed me to a similar thread (could be keywords I'm using). For now, I try to hit the home button when I'm finished sending my text in hopes I would get the notification.

Can somebody point me to a fix or suggest a fix? I'm rooted and s-off'd but running stock ROM.
By any chance. Do you use sms backup and restore? I know that when I use it, that specific app forces me to set the restore app as my default sms app and I don't get any text notifications.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

totaman

Sep 10, 2007
By any chance. Do you use sms backup and restore? I know that when I use it, that specific app forces me to set the restore app as my default sms app and I don't get any text notifications.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I used it originally to transfer texts over but I use SMS Backup+ daily to auto back to my Gmail account.

I get notifications but if I receive texts after I text someone without hitting the home button, I don't receive a notification.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app