[Q] Help Confirming I317m Hardware Issue

Search This thread

Ill Named

Oct 7, 2011
I have this I317m locked to bell. I am trying to use it on virgin mobile canada. From what I've read, I shouldn't have to unlock it to use it on virgin. Anyway, when I insert my virgin sim card, sometimes it'll say unregistered sim and other times it'll just tell me emergency call only. When I look under status, it knows my phone number and it knows that there is a sim card inserted, but it won't let me connect to anything. It's completely stock and on 4.4.2. It never asks to enter an unlock code when booted up and no combination of any symbols and numbers that I have found on the web results in anything happening through the dialer. I have an unlock code for it and I cannot input it anywhere. I am starting to think that I have a hardware issue of some kind and hope that it can be confirmed with help from you guys. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ill Named

Oct 7, 2011
So it can pick up virgin under available networks, it just can't register on anything. This time, when I turned it on, it read virgin for a split second on the lock screen then switched to unregistered sim and then to just emergency calls only. It has bars showing up, I just can't connect to anything. strange.

Ill Named

Oct 7, 2011
Well, I have it all apart now and figured for the $7.69 it costs for a new sim reader and micro sd reader, I'll give it a shot.I kinda have a feeling that it not the issue though. I'm kinda leaning toward the nand being fried or something like that.

Ill Named

Oct 7, 2011
The imei comes up under about phone and matches the sticker. What else is there to check? It also shows up doing the #*06# trick.

Top Liked Posts