Lost all paid apps in market

Search This thread

romansib

Sep 10, 2011
Moscow
Hopefully Google will fix this soon. Or at least reply to one of us... maybe :confused:

If you contact the titanium developer he might be able to send you the old version of the pro key. It's just a file you put on your sdcard. He's always been really helpful when I had issues.

I have already installed Titanium Backup PRO key on my device.
The app is working fine, but not in installed apps list in google play market.

foxis1981

May 2, 2011
Have you guys tried to access into your gmail account using the pc browser, and check on your "My Apps" in the Google Play on the web ? (you can see the "new" Google Play, next to the "Maps" on the gmail header after you login to gmail on the pc browser )

As long as your purchased/previously downloaded apps is listed there, I am sure it is pretty safe for us.

Most probably the issue is falls on our phone local data, not the google's server side data.:D:D:D

DarkhShadow

Sep 25, 2011
Essex
I haven't even gotten a single response short of the initial auto reply, and its nearly 72 hours. Pathetic really. If I was an apple customer and lost all my itunes purchases.......... GAH google get it sorted

Apple won't give you songs back, can only download each once, same as films

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using XDA Premium HD app

wintermute000

Jul 13, 2010
Have you guys tried to access into your gmail account using the pc browser, and check on your "My Apps" in the Google Play on the web ? (you can see the "new" Google Play, next to the "Maps" on the gmail header after you login to gmail on the pc browser )

As long as your purchased/previously downloaded apps is listed there, I am sure it is pretty safe for us.

Most probably the issue is falls on our phone local data, not the google's server side data.:D:D:D

Can you read our posts again. Web market is blank. I have three devices messed including stock/UNrooted.

Sent from my GT-P6800 using Tapatalk

summer_love

Jun 14, 2010
UK
Sorry if we're a little short tempered, it's just really frustrating! The issue is not on our side. Devices and the online site both show no apps have been purchased. We've tried every fix, but since Google's side is broken nothing we can do client side will help.

BTW, not an Apple fan at all, but yes purchased apps there are also stored in the cloud. Whether that is reliable, I don't know.

I was about to buy a new phone, but seems kinda pointless right now. Even newly downloaded apps disappear from "my apps".

wintermute000

Jul 13, 2010
I just got my first reply from google. Precanned response from trevor saying their ability to help is limited if I'm using custom ROM lol. Not a single troubleshooting step or helpful info, and I've already told them a thousand times ITS HAPPENING EVEN ON THE WEB STORE

Interestingly, on the web store instead of my apps being blank, it now gives me an error page. "We're sorry, there was an error. Please try again later." helpful eh

summer_love

Jun 14, 2010
UK
I just got my first reply from google. Precanned response from trevor saying their ability to help is limited if I'm using custom ROM lol. Not a single troubleshooting step or helpful info, and I've already told them a thousand times ITS HAPPENING EVEN ON THE WEB STORE

Interestingly, on the web store instead of my apps being blank, it now gives me an error page. "We're sorry, there was an error. Please try again later." helpful eh

I get that or the blank page intermittently lol.

I can't believe that's all they said. Seriously. I don't even know what I would respond to that.

Vulk_ZA

Oct 10, 2010

Yeah, I'm now getting the same error. In a strange way, that strikes me as a good sign. At least something is changing - maybe that means that someone at Google is in the process of trying to fix things.

I can't believe that's all they said. Seriously. I don't even know what I would respond to that.

If Google keeps up their radio silence, maybe at some point someone should try getting one of the better-read Android blogs to cover the story? Perhaps that would get someone's attention?

Y

yollasho

Can confirm being ****ed by Play Store currently.

Only place my apps show up is in Google Wallet purchase history. I get blank on Play Store Web and app. Still stock unrooted on this current phone.

Here is a link where google say they have reports of the issue and you can click to report the issue (its under "recently fixed"...): https://support.google.com/googlepl...y?hl=en&page=known_issues.cs&ki_topic=1319135

Excuse the phone screencaps/edits:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1332997495175.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1332997495175.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 278
Last edited:

PurePlaguez

Jul 12, 2011
Amsterdam
Had the same issue after flashing, but once i synced my google account all my paid apps where mine again. Didn't have to rebuy em luckily.

sk806

Jan 30, 2005
Rye, New York
I've been hit with this too. My apps on the website are completely gone. The orders are still there, thank god. So if google ever actually try and help I can prove I bought them.

All I did was clear cache and data in the play store on ICS because I couldn't download updates. Did they change clear data so it wipes EVERYTHING server side? o_O

My playstore on my ICS xoom has a completely blank "my apps" page. If I try and update my apps it asks me to pay.

My nexus one on GB still uses a really old version of market (I froze the updater some time ago) and that's working fine at the moment. I can do updates ok too.

On my xoom I unistalled updates to pre "play store" re-brand (so plain old android market) and it shows all my apps and lets me update them without asking me to pay again. Next time I open it, I'm back on the play store with no apps listed in "my apps". So I uninstall updates again next time I need to use it. There doesn't seem to be an updater to freeze any more.

I daren't try buying any new apps in case that messes it up even more.

As a short term workaround try using an older version of the market. The one that works for me is 3.3.12.

I've tried going back to a nandroid from a couple of weeks ago, didn't work. I've wiped, flashed, market doctored, everything I could think of. No help. This is definitely server side.

I've sent emails to google but they haven't replied. I sent a few because there wasn't an option for "you deleted everything on my account for no reason."

Interesting, I thought the update to Play Store was involved. I am going to try to put the original "Old" market version in my ROM and see what happens...

Did your troubles arise when the app updated itself to Play Store? Thanks!

Steve

summer_love

Jun 14, 2010
UK
Had a response from Google: try a full wipe.

I hope they haven't sent this to people running full unrooted stock because they'll lose everything & still won't be able to use the store.

Interesting, I thought the update to Play Store was involved. I am going to try to put the original "Old" market version in my ROM and see what happens...

Did your troubles arise when the app updated itself to Play Store? Thanks!

Steve

No, the update initially worked fine! I cleared data & cache on the store app because something wouldn't download, same way I've been doing for years, and this was the end result.

Kurisu87

Jun 5, 2011
Scotland
a full wipe doesn't work, :( on my previous rom before full wipe and updating, i had apps ready to update (i had the rcp connection error on all apps also) but wasn't able to stating an error has occurred.

hopefully this would be resolved soon

Attachments

• 2012-03-28_10-58-15.jpg
    2012-03-28_10-58-15.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 126

IceBlurr

Mar 27, 2011
Hi,

I have a problem, that might be similar.
All the apps that need purchase, but that I have downloaded on a 3rd party market, like getjar, are marked as purchased in the play store, and it always ask for an update, like Beautiful Widgets. So, if I want to purchase it, I can't, because it is considered as purchased already.

Does anybody have the same issue ?
I hope my message is clear enough so you could understand ^^

foxdie

Jan 24, 2007
Birmingham
Can confirm I've got the same issue too, official ICS release from Samsung for the SGS2, all my paid apps are now asking me to pay again.

Phone is rooted and with Apex Launcher.

summer_love

Jun 14, 2010
UK
Hi,

I have a problem, that might be similar.
All the apps that need purchase, but that I have downloaded on a 3rd party market, like getjar, are marked as purchased in the play store, and it always ask for an update, like Beautiful Widgets. So, if I want to purchase it, I can't, because it is considered as purchased already.

Does anybody have the same issue ?
I hope my message is clear enough so you could understand ^^

Just remove the market link with titanium backup

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

a full wipe doesn't work, :( on my previous rom before full wipe and updating, i had apps ready to update (i had the rcp connection error on all apps also) but wasn't able to stating an error has occurred.

hopefully this would be resolved soon

lol wiping is how a lot of people ended up with the problem in the first place, that's why I don't want them to tell a bunch of regular consumers to wipe!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay, i was having the same issue on my 2.3.3 phone after a factory reset. Samsung Galaxy S2 if thats relevant.

Anyways, to fix it, i went to SETTINGS > APPLICATIONS > MANAGE APPS

From there, hit the ALL tab, and scroll until you find GOOGLE PLAY STORE. Hit the CLEAR DATA.

Go back to the Google Play Store, and it should ask you to agree to w/e it is it wants, then it should resync up the account. I was able to get my damned Tapatalk again.

Hope this works for you guys too!
    Anyone tried to connect to a 3g/wifi and manually sync your gmail account ? So far I observed is whenever I just wiped my phone. It will take awhile to fully synced back my email, contact, calendar and the last one which should be google market place.

Try don't take any attempts to make it work and let it be under internet connection and see if they will come back by their own. Just don't do any full wipe again, and performs a normal personal data restoration (like titanium backups). Let it be like 1 day normal usage with internet connectivity and see if those missing apps will appear back or not.

My personally experience is that I didn't actually take any action when I see them blank after full wipe. I proceed and busy with my gmail account login, sync back my contact and calendar, then performs titanium restoration and sms restoration. Eventually they just appeared after couple of hours or maybe 1 day or I dunno, I didn't actually care about it as I just know that they will come back to me and so far the app did appear back by its own in "My Apps" section.
    Okay, i was having the same issue on my 2.3.3 phone after a factory reset. Samsung Galaxy S2 if thats relevant.

Anyways, to fix it, i went to SETTINGS > APPLICATIONS > MANAGE APPS

From there, hit the ALL tab, and scroll until you find GOOGLE PLAY STORE. Hit the CLEAR DATA.

Go back to the Google Play Store, and it should ask you to agree to w/e it is it wants, then it should resync up the account. I was able to get my damned Tapatalk again.

Hope this works for you guys too!

Thanks, but we've tried that. A lot.

edit: XD Kurisu87 beat me to it!
    Fixed here too. It seems like the nightmare is finally over, at least for me!

FWIW, if anyone from Google is reading this thread: thanks for fixing this. I really do appreciate it. That said, next time something goes wrong with your services, some communication from your side would be nice too. I understand that systems break down sometimes, and I'm sympathetic. It's just that feeling of throwing emails into an abyss, with no hint as to whether anyone is even listening, that gets so frustrating.