Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

_Logie

Jan 24, 2012
jMEMw.png

Youtube Demo Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1naY2q97d88

What? What is an APK Swapper?
Whenever you download a custom ROM file (from XDA Developers for example) it comes with apps, or APKs, preinstalled on it. Most of the time I find myself removing a few .APKs from ROM files because I simply don't want them there. I got bored of installing the ROM and then removing all of the .APKs via ROM Manager, so I wrote this app to make the process a lot easier. So hopefully some of you find it useful also.

What do I need to run this app?
Everything comes inside the .ZIP file that is for download. Just extract that .ZIP to wherever you want and you can run the program from there. The .ZIP contains; the main .EXE program, a command line version of 7Zip so we can unzip the ROM files to work with and there is a libs folder for the shell I use to run the command line 7Zip.

Enough! I want the download!
Ok ok, here you go. Enjoy! - Mod Edit: link removed.

I've found a bug! What do I do?
Keep calm and report it! You can report it either on this thread, or on my blog (link in the app) or on Xbox360ISO in the Coding Corner. Bug reports will be taken seriously and fixed when I have the time. Always keep up to date with the latest release to avoid disappointment!

Changelog
13/04/2013
Beta 11
Fixed : Bug where some ROMs would never extract (due to whitespace in results).

19/01/2013
Beta 10
Fixed : Bug where the ROM never extracted. Embarrassing.
Updated : Slight bit of butter added to the extraction process, should be quicker now. Slightly.

26/10/2012
Beta 9
Fixed : Bug where the APK name did not show in the list box
Updated : Few codee changes to improve performance. Butter.

27/08/2012
Beta 8
Fixed : When dropping an APK it lists the size in bytes instead of MB.
Fixed : Bug where you could drop an APK without a ROM loaded.
Fixed : Bug where the app didn't detect if the file was loaded. I dun goofed.

25/08/2012
Beta 7
Added : Now checks if the ROM is a custom ROM or a stock ROM.
Added : Size now lists as MB instead of bytes.
Fixed : Sorting by size in the ROM information list.

06/08/2012
Beta 6
Fixed : Bug where it would list all folders and files in the program folder if loading a ROM file from the program folder.

27/07/2012
Beta 5
Added : AutoAdd script. Instructions are inside the config.ini file.
Added : Log box at the bottom of the app. Removes lots of message box notifications.
Updated : Small UI changes to cover the new log box.
Updated : Some behind-the-scenes butter.
Removed : Lots of message box notifications. Some still remain however.

27/06/2012
Beta 4
Added : AutoDelete script. Instructions are inside the config.ini file.
Added : Lists ROM information at the bottom of the UI.
Added : Status label.
Added : APK Counter.
Updated : Small UI changes to include the new elements.
Updated : Some speed impovements
Fixed : A bug where it wouldn’t let the user create a .ZIP ROM file.

24/06/2012
Beta 3
Removed : All links for a warez forum that was added in the app. Not intentionally, of course. It's just my base forum where I'm always on.

04/04/2012
Beta 2
Added : Can inject multiple .APKs at once (via drag and drop on the blue box or through the listbox context menu)
Added : Can extract multiple .APKs at once
Added : Can delete multiple .APKs at once
Updated : Listbox automatically resorts itself after injection of .APKs

27/03/2012
Beta 1
Initial BETA release

Last edited by a moderator:

medicjunKie

Mar 3, 2012
I would lol and i do want to change/swap some apks in my current rom
but right now i don't have time for the whole backup and flashing process lol

But i will try ;)

Reactions: _Logie

ngh55

Dec 8, 2007
Mmmhh, what is the advantage against just unzipping a ROM, deleting all the things you don't need and zip it again? even easier, open the zip and delete every apk you don't want directly?

Reactions: emd2009

_Logie

Jan 24, 2012
Mmmhh, what is the advantage against just unzipping a ROM, deleting all the things you don't need and zip it again? even easier, open the zip and delete every apk you don't want directly?

Yep that's it basically :) Just an app I wanted to work on. Always good to have a few projects going. No real advantage, there's just an app that can help do it now.

Reactions: adoool92

_Logie

Jan 24, 2012
Ill have to check in to the .APK info and see what's in the header and content and see what I can do :) Appreciate the feedback! Thanks!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rob Irizarry

jaggyjags

Dec 8, 2011
Murcia
I don't know if its possible, but I always have difficulties identifying which apk to delete and have to check in on the phone, because I sometimes need to see the apk icon to know.

It would be worth using it if it showed (like when browsing in root explorer) but i am not sure if this can be done on windows.

Fot the time being I just think its faster and simpler to multiselect on a zip and then delete the ones I don't want.

keep up the work :)

pclev99

Sep 20, 2008
Ok you got my attention and I am bored I will give your tool a go looks like it will be useful for a flask junky like my self well done BTW

_Logie

Jan 24, 2012
Jaggyjags I'm almost 100% there is an icon.png inside the .APK file somewhere so I could extract thar also and maybe pop it in the list, nice suggestion!

Flash junkies always like some tools, regardless of what they do :p.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

_Logie

Jan 24, 2012
Thanks guys :).

If anyone has any requests then let me know! :D

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What? What is an APK Swapper?
    Whenever you download a custom ROM file (from XDA Developers for example) it comes with apps, or APKs, preinstalled on it. Most of the time I find myself removing a few .APKs from ROM files because I simply don't want them there. I got bored of installing the ROM and then removing all of the .APKs via ROM Manager, so I wrote this app to make the process a lot easier. So hopefully some of you find it useful also.

What do I need to run this app?
    Everything comes inside the .ZIP file that is for download. Just extract that .ZIP to wherever you want and you can run the program from there. The .ZIP contains; the main .EXE program, a command line version of 7Zip so we can unzip the ROM files to work with and there is a libs folder for the shell I use to run the command line 7Zip.

Enough! I want the download!
    Ok ok, here you go. Enjoy! - Mod Edit: link removed.

I've found a bug! What do I do?
    Keep calm and report it! You can report it either on this thread, or on my blog (link in the app) or on Xbox360ISO in the Coding Corner. Bug reports will be taken seriously and fixed when I have the time. Always keep up to date with the latest release to avoid disappointment!

Changelog
    13/04/2013
    Beta 11
    Fixed : Bug where some ROMs would never extract (due to whitespace in results).

19/01/2013
    Beta 10
    Fixed : Bug where the ROM never extracted. Embarrassing.
    Updated : Slight bit of butter added to the extraction process, should be quicker now. Slightly.

26/10/2012
    Beta 9
    Fixed : Bug where the APK name did not show in the list box
    Updated : Few codee changes to improve performance. Butter.

27/08/2012
    Beta 8
    Fixed : When dropping an APK it lists the size in bytes instead of MB.
    Fixed : Bug where you could drop an APK without a ROM loaded.
    Fixed : Bug where the app didn't detect if the file was loaded. I dun goofed.

25/08/2012
    Beta 7
    Added : Now checks if the ROM is a custom ROM or a stock ROM.
    Added : Size now lists as MB instead of bytes.
    Fixed : Sorting by size in the ROM information list.

06/08/2012
    Beta 6
    Fixed : Bug where it would list all folders and files in the program folder if loading a ROM file from the program folder.

27/07/2012
    Beta 5
    Added : AutoAdd script. Instructions are inside the config.ini file.
    Added : Log box at the bottom of the app. Removes lots of message box notifications.
    Updated : Small UI changes to cover the new log box.
    Updated : Some behind-the-scenes butter.
    Removed : Lots of message box notifications. Some still remain however.

27/06/2012
    Beta 4
    Added : AutoDelete script. Instructions are inside the config.ini file.
    Added : Lists ROM information at the bottom of the UI.
    Added : Status label.
    Added : APK Counter.
    Updated : Small UI changes to include the new elements.
    Updated : Some speed impovements
    Fixed : A bug where it wouldn’t let the user create a .ZIP ROM file.

24/06/2012
    Beta 3
    Removed : All links for a warez forum that was added in the app. Not intentionally, of course. It's just my base forum where I'm always on.

04/04/2012
    Beta 2
    Added : Can inject multiple .APKs at once (via drag and drop on the blue box or through the listbox context menu)
    Added : Can extract multiple .APKs at once
    Added : Can delete multiple .APKs at once
    Updated : Listbox automatically resorts itself after injection of .APKs

27/03/2012
    Beta 1
    Initial BETA release
    Point taken, I'll include multiple delete / extraction / addition in the next version.

Thanks for the input :).
    Just updated with Beta 3. See changelog.

Also @ragapa97 it just deletes the .APK from the ROM file.

@Proz00 - Package info? Sure I'll look into it!

@Hammerfest excellent post, I'll have a look into it. Never heard of Aroma before! So I'll have to research on how to work with it instead of against it :p! Any tips?

@SilviuMik I'll sure look into it, never heard of tht format before but it should be easy-ish to implement!

Thanks for the feedback guys!
    Looks nice, would it possible to extract the actual program name and put it another column e.g. "Description" . It would be much easier to identify the program you want to remove ;)
    haven´t try this yet but could be better if we can choose more than one app at the same time by using Ctrl key or s.th like that;)

despite the fact i may prefer opening the zip file itself and delete what i want...good initiative ;)