[APP][Market link] TouchScreenTune (Solving touchscreen sensitivity issue)-UPDATED_2!

Search This thread

rihui

Oct 4, 2009
I'm having an issue with this app - when the tablet isn't used for awhile, the screen becomes unresponsive, it seems to be unable to regain root or something.

i occasionally get this issue as well. and when waking the tab 10.1, i sometimes get incompatible device? error, which rendered the whole screen unresponsive. pretty frustrating at times. :(

fraz82

Aug 19, 2011
Houston
ok so i dont know if you guys are having the same experience as i am, here are my settings and a screenshot of what i am experiencing;

i've played around with the settings and these seem to be the most optimal for my use;

SC20120425-111558.jpg

I have noticed that despite using a sub-6mm stylus like the Bamboo, which is one of the thinnest and best on the market, my big fat fingers (and trust me they are big) still manage to write smaller and more legibly than my stylus, which is like 4 times thinner than my finger??!!), also the stylus seems to have a problem with curves, noticibly squaring off the movements, whereas my finger doesn't have the same problem and produces some very detailed writing samples like below;

SC20120425-111955.jpg

can someone offer a better combination of settings? or is this the best i will get, which frankly i dont mind... the ability of touchscreentune to make my finger writing so legible is amazing in itself, i'm just curious as to why the screen responds to my fat finger with more fine detail than the bamboo stylus. Is it a capacitive touch issue? does my finger offer better capacitance to the screen as compared to the stylus?

EDIT: ADDED SAMPLES OF WRITING WITH STYLUS AND FINGER BUT WITH TOUCHSCREENTUNE DISABLED.

SC20120425-114202.jpg

Attachments

• SC20120425-111558.jpg
    SC20120425-111558.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 559
  • SC20120425-111955.jpg
    SC20120425-111955.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 573
  • SC20120425-114202.jpg
    SC20120425-114202.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 512
Last edited:

skinote

Apr 30, 2009
i occasionally get this issue as well. and when waking the tab 10.1, i sometimes get incompatible device? error, which rendered the whole screen unresponsive. pretty frustrating at times. :(

Exactly my issue, but I get it every single time I don't use the tab for ~20 minutes

Last edited:

pershoot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2008
is this app still functioning properly on 0427 kernel for tab 10 (droidbasement)?

vitalij

Jun 14, 2010
Kaunas

Probably that's the case - check your Superuser app. Update it to the latest version, also from the Superuser app update the binary to the latest version. Make sure that TouchScreenTune is granted Superuser permission in the app.

tallgrasshawk

Feb 7, 2011
I, too, get the issue where on screen wake up, the screen is unresponsive. Turn it off and it only dims. Sometimes I can get it out of that, others I need to hard reboot. When I come back, it shows the same error as described above. Very random too, sometimes after I haven't used it, other times when I've been using it and the screen just turned off.

Running latest aokp with latest su binaries.

tvhak

Sep 25, 2007
tilburg
I, too, get the issue where on screen wake up, the screen is unresponsive. Turn it off and it only dims. Sometimes I can get it out of that, others I need to hard reboot. When I come back, it shows the same error as described above. Very random too, sometimes after I haven't used it, other times when I've been using it and the screen just turned off.

Running latest aokp with latest su binaries.

is there a sollution for this? i have this to.....
thanks

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium App

unluckyppp

Jun 10, 2010
I have this issue too on galaxy note stock UK ICS. Rooted with fully up to date super user app. Once the screen goes unresponsive it resets itself shortly after. I currently have to keep this app uninstalled else my phone barely works. Seems a shame as it did make the pen very useful for me!

missxtee

Oct 1, 2011
has anyone had problems using TouchScreen Tune on Thor's Kernel? everytime my note boots up everything freezes once touchscreen tune gets su permission granted, but when I deny it from su my phone does not freeze when it boots.....odd?

Sent From My Paranoid Note Baby!!

SergioBigred

Jan 30, 2011
I am Using Ganbarou Rom with latest Pershoot kernel and I don't have any issue.

On the contrary I am finally able to use SuperNote to get handwritten note and I can use the Kensington pen that sometimes seemed to "loose" contact with my GTab (and it is an issue of the pen with other GTab, not only with mine).

The only issue I have is occasionally the inability to get superuser rights...

aNard

Sep 2, 2010
Just tested on my GTab10.1 and I ended up with making a donation to author for the full version.... The touch experience benefits a lot the usage of these settings... A decisive improvement: testing with a stylus soon, but even with fingers only and normal usage it worth the money :)

Inviato dal mio GT-P7500 con Tapatalk 2

alkatrasman

Jul 23, 2010
Hello

I have the Galaxy Tab2 10.1 and already talked to the developer, but this device is not supported by this app.

Have someone else a idea how to increase the movement sesibility for a SGT2?

my problem is I use a Adonit Stylus and when I draw little circles the tab don´t indicate this as a movement.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Chris

jeremyTactus

Jul 21, 2012
Fremont
Does anyone know how I can get in touch with the developer? I have a few technical questions I'd love to ask.
Also, has anyone gotten an update on when they expect support for the GalaxyTab2 10.1?

Thanks

corei7qm

Jan 24, 2011
Salzburg
HI vitlij,

The ICS update for our Tab 10.1 is now available with working camera,

does touchsreentune works with the new kernel properly??

RJ200X

Jun 25, 2010
doesn't feel like it needs tuning anymore :)

Sent from my GT-P7500 using xda app-developers app

RGardner

Oct 4, 2010
Redstone Arsenal, Alabama
Using the new ICS ROM Task uploaded. Still see the need for this app.

BIG difference with the "Disable movement filtering" checked versus unchecked when using stylus/hand writing. Other settings not messed with yet.

Thankfully shortcuts makes switching easy.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now on Market!

direct link

Or search for "TouchScreenTune"

*Requires Root*
    *Currently supports Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 and Asus Transformer Prime*. (Galaxy Note version also available on the Market)

TouchScreenTune application allows you to fine-tune settings of Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 touchscreen.

It allows to dramatically improve responsiveness and sensitivity of Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 touchscreen.

Without this application, it is almost impossible to use Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 for handwriting or drawing. Application completely fixes this issue.

If you are using screen protector on your Tab, the application will allow to raise screen sensitivity, so there will be no responsiveness impact from using screen protector.

If you are using stylus, it is almost useless without tuning touchscreen with this application on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.

Using this application you can even turn on palm rejection future! That means that your hand can rest on screen while writing/drawing using stylus, but you will still be able to write since touch events from your palm will be ignored.
    Just see youtube video, it shows how Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 works without this application, and with this application!

If you wish to use different settings in different situations - just create shortcuts with different settings from within the app, and launch them when needed!

Some common problems:
    When first starting there should be popup from SuperUser application with request to get Root access. Some people say that sometimes it doesn't appear. In that case try starting the SU program first, and then this application.

Also when first granting SU rights, there may be some messages regarding inability to read settings. It's normal, after you grant SU rights application should work.

--------------------------------------------------
    What's new
    Version 1.17:
    Compatibility with latest CyanogenMod for Tab 10.1

Fixed bug when parameters were not applied after invoking settings via shortcut on the home screen

Version 1.11:
    Added ability to create shortcuts on the home screen. Shortcut is associated with currently applied settings. When clicked, shortcut will immediately apply them, without starting TouchScreenTune application. It is possible to have multiple shortcuts with different settings.

Version 1.8:
    Annoying notifications from SU removed

Version 1.3:
    PALM REJECTION:
    added slider allowing to turn on palm rejection. That means that you hand can rest on screen while writing using stylus, but you will still be able to write since touch events from your palm will be ignored. Set palm detection slider value to 0 or maybe a bit more like 1-10 to enable this functionality.

added advanced parameter: changing movement filter OFF value. This value is sent to touchscreen controller when checkbox is set to CHECKED. After changing it, press Apply button to set new configuration.

Version 1.1:
    Added compatibility with latest custom roms/kernels
    Solves screen freezing issue after turning screen on when using latest custom kernels/ROMs

Version 1.0:
    Added ability to change sensitivity, move filtering ant initial movement at the same time
    Completely new Honeycomb interface
    Reworked service part - should work without FCs
    Way easier to use
    New icon !!111 :)

Application is free but it will not restore settings on screen lock/unlock. To make it fully functional you need registration key, which I can provide for a small donation, details in the app itself.
    (If you already donated for previous version, send me an email, I'll send registration key for free)
    Good idea. I'm thinking on adding possibility to create a shortcuts on home screen with currently selected settings, so next time it would be enough to just click it to apply those settings.

Version 1.11:
    Added ability to create shortcuts on the home screen. Shortcut is associated with currently applied settings. When clicked, shortcut will immediately apply them, without starting TouchScreenTune application. It is possible to have multiple shortcuts with different settings.
    Test version:
    PALM REJECTION:
    added slider allowing to turn on palm rejection. That means that you hand can rest on screen while writing using stylus, but you will still be able to write since touch events from your palm will be ignored. Set palm detection slider value to 0 or maybe a bit more like 1-10 to enable this functionality.
    Argh, damnit! We have the kernel sources, is there any way to raise those touch events reported?

BTW, I have the same stylus, can't wait to put it to good use.

Hi,

i saw people mentioning a build.prop setting named windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec, which is set to 150 by default on the 7500. I've changed that to 300, and it appears to make things snappier, especially scrolling operations. I finally got close to iPad2's responsiveness with this. But there might also be other factors involved...
    When I tried to edit /system/build.prop I get the error that the file system is read only. Please help!

Assuming you have EF File Explorer:

Under settings, select both the "Root Explorer" AND the "Mount File System" right underneath it. That should do it!