[KITCHEN][WWE][20.03.2010]Windows Mobile 6.1 21056/20779 Kitchen for Raphael GSM

Search This thread

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
Welcome; I wanted to offer a little "something" back to the XDA community in the hopes that it will benefit others and to show my appreciation to the folks that make XDA the great community that it is.

There are many chefs that provide quality ROM's for you to use. However, if you've gotten excited about the idea of cooking your own ROM's, you've probably felt overwhelmed by the volume of Forum Threads and Wiki pages at your disposal to learn how to do this. The goal of this thread is to provide a starter kitchen so as to help new and intermediate chefs; the kitchen will produce a fully functional ROM for a Raphael device.

The kitchen includes a Read Me and Change Log file. The Read Me file contains answers to frequently asked questions as well as "known" issues. The Change Log file includes a list of changes that were made to files such as the .RGU, .PROVXML, etc.

Kitchen

Post #2 provides a kitchen that is built with Ervius Visual Kitchen; the post additionally provides updates to the content of the kitchen when necessary.

Discussions on the current version of the kitchen posted in this thread begins here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=5398310&postcount=1176

Application Packs

Post #3 provides additional applications that have been tested in the Ervius Visual Kitchen. It is recommended to download the packs before altering the kitchen.

OEM Packs

Post #4 provides OEM folders that are specific to the Ervius Visual Kitchen. These are intented for chefs who are looking to add the latest OEM to an existing kitchen.

ROM/SYS Packs

Post #5 provides ROM (XIP) and SYS folders that are specific to the Ervius Visual Kitchen. These are intented for chefs who are looking to add the latest ROM/SYS to an existing kitchen.

Workstation/System Requirements:

WinRAR 3.30
http://www.rarlab.com

IZArc 3.81
http://www.izarc.org

Microsoft Visual C++
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-ca/visualc/default.aspx

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)

Microsoft .NET Framework
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/default.aspx

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1

Tutorials:

The following tutorials are available for newcomers who wish to learn about how to use the kitchen in this thread:

Kitchen

Sous-Chef's Guide to Da_G's Ervius Visual Kitchen 9.7
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=521632

Porting

Sous-Chef's Guide to XIP Porting in Ervius Visual Kitchen
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=526610

Wiki:

Previous versions of the tutorials, kitchens, tools updates, fix packs, OEM packs, and ROM/SYS packs can be found at the Raphael Wiki in the WM6.1 ROM Kitchen (Simple and Visual) section.

http://xdaforums.com/wiki/index.php?title=Da_G's_Simple_ROM_Kitchen

Languages, DPI, Resolutions:

Language localization packages, DPI files, and Resolutions can be found in the Development & Hacking forum.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=547314

Package Repositories:

Raphael OEM Package Repository
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=482173

Raphael OEM Packages
http://www.4shared.com/dir/12314954/9a1ec6bc/sharing.html

Credits:

Special thanks to the following folks for sharing their knowledge and expertise. If I missed someone, it's purely accidental – send me a note and I will add your name to the list.

da_g
cmonex
olipro
bepe
ervius
ameet

Contributions:

A thanks goes out to the following folks for their contributions to the kitchen. If I missed someone, it's purely accidental – send me a note and I will add your name to the list.

da_g
aruppenthal
b4pjs
captain_throwback
eras2r
jmckeejr
noonski
notatreofan
nrgz28
r.camies
xboomer55

Last edited:

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
Visual Kitchen

Created using Ervius Visual Kitchen 1.8.2; includes sleuth255 User Customization (UC) version 2.0. This post includes a list of packages that are included in the kitchen, a change log, and a read me file - which can also be found in the documentation folder of the kitchen. Also, take a moment to look at the Visual Kitchen Pack post, there's a list of what is included in the pack attached to the post.

WWE Visual Kitchen 6.1, OEM: 5.12.206.1 (20779), SYS: 21055, ROM: 21056/20779, 158 MB, 17.01.2010

Post-Download Instructions:
  1. Extract the contents of kitchen archive to the root of your hard drive (ex: C:\XDA) to avoid path length errors.
  2. Move the kitchen to the desired location.

Cooking Instructions:
  1. Launch Erviuskitchen.exe.
  2. Click the Load ROM button.
  3. Select the FUZE/PRO .ERV ROM file.
  4. Click the Create ROM button; allow the process to complete.
  5. Wait for the Done message to appear in the Bottom Status window.
  6. Exit the Ervius VisualKitchen application.

Tip
  • If the compilation is successful, the last three (3) lines in the Report window of the Ervius VisualKitchen application will display: ROM Builded successfull! Reenabling all skipped packages. All packages Reenabled. All Done.
  • RUU_SIGNED.NBH will be in the RELEASE_Raphael kitchen folder.
  • Verify the BUILD_LOG file after compiling a ROM; module entries in SLOT0 typically indicate that the stability of the device will be unpredictable; recode some modules.
  • The Sensor SDK 4 package provides enhanced screen rotation support; it includes a .PROVXML file that can be customized to include additional applications - Whitelist & Blacklist.

Known Issues:
  • Bottom of text cut-off in Connection Setup with large menu package installed.
  • Very Rare: Tapping Cancel on Connection Setup panel may be required if panel appears during post-ROM flash and/or Hard Reset.
  • Very Rare: Airplane Mode may be enabled (instead of Phone Mode) post-Hard Reset configuration phase. Pro: make setup finish faster, Con: extra tapping steps to switch Phone mode back on from Comm Manager.

Kitchen Tools Update:

Latest version of Ervius Visual Kitchen tools that have been tested with the kitchen in this post. The KITCHEN_BUILD_ROM.BAT has been updated to include logging; otherwise, the remainder of the files are those found on the Ervius Visual Kitchen thread.

None Available

Kitchen Fix Packs:

A kitchen Fix Pack addresses issues and oversights that were discovered after the release of the Visual Kitchen. The Fix Pack only contains changes to files and packages that were released as part of the kitchen. The Fix Pack does not contain changes to packages that appear in a Visual Kitchen Pack; changes/fixes for packages in a Visual Kitchen Pack will be addressed as part of a new pack.

None Available

Attachments

• Read_Me.txt
    5.4 KB · Views: 84
  • Change_Log.txt
    13.8 KB · Views: 48
  • KITCHEN-ROMSYS_PACK_21056_20779.txt
    6.8 KB · Views: 100
  • VISUALKITCHEN-WWE-6.1-5.12.206.1_Package_List.txt
    4 KB · Views: 101
  • VISUALKITCHEN-TOOLS-UPDATE-1.8.2.txt
    2.9 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
Visual Kitchen: Application Packs

The Kitchen Application Packs includes additional applications that have been tested in the Ervius Visual Kitchen. The packages have been organized (sequenced) so as to ensure that the ROM produced by this kitchen is the same as the Package Builder (legacy) kitchen.

The pack applications have all been set to Unselected (False) - a package must be double-clicked to include the package during ROM compilation. The PACKAGES.TXT files in each PACK will overwrite the base kitchen version - providing a description for each package.

The .TXT files attached to this post contain the list of packages that are in the corresponding kitchen pack.

Visual Kitchen PACK 1, 29 MB, 13.06.2009
Visual Kitchen PACK 2, 28 MB, 13.06.2009
Visual Kitchen PACK 3, 30 MB, 26.06.2009
Visual Kitchen PACK 4, 50 MB, 16.08.2009
Visual Kitchen PACK 5, 05 MB, 16.02.2010

1. Extract the contents of kitchen pack archive to the root of your hard drive (ex: C:\XDA) to avoid path length errors.
  2. Copy the contents of the extracted kitchen pack to the kitchen .\EXT folder.

Tip
  • The archive folder structure matches the kitchen folder structure that corresponds to the build on which the package has been tested.
  • Use a file comparison utility to ensure that you do not lose any changes you may have made to existing packages in the kitchen.
  • The applications in these packs were tested using the Customized Device profile (DEVICE_CUSTOMIZED).

Recoded Modules Application Packs (Optional)

Although Windows Mobile 6.1 improved Virtual Memory (VM) by providing SLOT 60 and 61, modules can not be allocated in SLOT 60/61 - only files. Current kitchen relocation tools did not require any changes as SLOT 1 and 0 are the only slots where modules can reside. Device stability is compromised however, when there are too many modules as "spilloff" occurs into SLOT 0 resulting in reduced available memory which causes the device to report memory errors (even if it's not truly out of memory) or erratic application functionality.

RECMOD Application Packs contain versions of packages that appear in the kitchen and existing kitchen packs. These packages have had their modules recoded; the package names have _RM appended at the end of the name. When using RECMOD packages, it is important to remove the non-recoded version from the kitchen to avoid ROM compilation errors.

Visual Kitchen Recoded Modules PACK 1, 15 MB, 16.08.2009
Visual Kitchen Recoded Modules PACK 2, 05 MB, 16.02.2010

Attachments

• PACK1_Package_List.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 249
  • PACK2_Package_List.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 153
  • PACK3_Package_List.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 138
  • PACK4_Package_List.txt
    2 KB · Views: 178
  • PACK5_Package_List.txt
    858 bytes · Views: 54
Last edited:

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
Visual Kitchen: OEM Packs

Chefs looking to simply update their existing kitchen OEM folder without having to download an entire kitchen can now do so with an OEM pack. The OEM Packs include the OEM folder for specific builds of Windows Mobile 6.1 and have been tested in the Ervius Visual Kitchen. The OEM pack also includes a corresponding optional DEVICE_* and OVERRIDE_KEYPAD_* package.

The DEVICE_* package contains all of the files that were removed from the original OEM folder. Closely examine the contents of the package before use as it contains untouched stock files that were found in the released ROM.

The OVERRIDE_KEYPAD_* package contains a copy of the the KEYPAD.DLL file from the .\OEM\OEMDrivers folder and can be used to ensure that the desired KEYPAD.DLL is installed during ROM compilation.

A text (.TXT) file appears in the .\DOCS folder of each OEM pack which details changes that have been made. As a result of a limit to the number of post attachments, only the latest versions of the OEM pack change logs have been added.

OEM: 5.12.206.1 (20779), 06 MB, 30.07.2009
OEM: 5.11.502.2 (20771), 22 MB, 30.07.2009
OEM: 5.05.405.1 (20764), 08 MB, 30.07.2009

1. Extract the contents of OEM pack archive to the root of your hard drive (ex: C:\XDA) to avoid path length errors.
  2. Copy the contents of the .\OEM\Raphael\.VM\ folder in the kitchen to the extracted OEM pack .\.VM\ folder (ex: C:\XDA\VISUALKITCHEN-OEM-PACK-20771\OEM\Raphael\.VM\).
  3. Rename the existing .\OEM folder in the kitchen (ex: OEM.20771 or OEM.precopy).

Kitchen Conversion Instructions:

1. Copy the contents of the extracted OEM pack, which now includes the contents of the .\OEM\Raphael\.VM\ folder, to the kitchen folder (ex: C:\XDA\My_Visual_Kitchen\).
  2. Rename the .\OEM.<buildnum> folder copied to the kitchen to .\OEM (ex: OEM.20771 to OEM).

Tip
  • The archive folder structure matches the kitchen folder structure of the legacy kitchen found in this thread.
  • Use a file comparison utility to ensure that you do not lose any changes you may have made to existing packages in the kitchen.

Note
  • The DEVICE_* and OVERRIDE_KEYPAD_* packages will be set to Selected (True) - a package must be double-clicked to exclude the package during ROM compilation.

Attachments

• KITCHEN_OEM_PACK_20764.txt
    8.2 KB · Views: 52
  • KITCHEN_OEM_PACK_20771.txt
    6.7 KB · Views: 22
  • KITCHEN_OEM_PACK_20779.txt
    8.1 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
Visual Kitchen: ROM/SYS Packs

The ROM/SYS Packs include the ROM and SYS folders for specific builds of Windows Mobile 6.1 and have been tested in the Ervius Visual Kitchen. The ROM/SYS also includes corresponding base ROM compilation profiles, pre-configuration (ERV) files, that have been tested in the kitchen.

Chefs will find untouched versions of the base XIP.BIN and OS.NB.PAYLOAD (no imgfs) as well as the donor XIP.BIN and OS.NB.PAYLOAD (no imgfs) - when available.

A text (.TXT) file appears in the .\DOCS folder of each ROM/SYS pack which details changes that have been made. As a result of a limit to the number of post attachments, only the latest versions of ROM/SYS pack change logs have been added.

SYS 21056, ROM: 21056/20779, 37 MB, 17.01.2010
SYS 21056, ROM: 21056/20771, 37 MB, 17.01.2010
SYS 21056, ROM: 21056/20764, 37 MB, 17.01.2010

1. Extract the contents of ROM/SYS archive to the root of your hard drive (ex: C:\XDA) to avoid path length errors.
  2. Rename the existing .\OEM\Rapheal\.VM folder in the kitchen (ex: .VM.20771 or .VM.precopy).
  3. Backup the existing .\ROM\Raphael\ files (.TXT, .BIN. PAYLOAD) in the kitchen. The files to backup are:

INFO.TXT
    OS.NB.PAYLOAD
    ROMHDR.BIN
    XIP.BIN

Kitchen Conversion Instructions:

1. Copy the contents of the extracted ROM/SYS pack to the kitchen folder (ex: C:\XDA\My_Visual_Kitchen\).

Tip
  • The archive folder structure matches the kitchen folder structure of the visual kitchen found in this thread.

Note
  • .NET Compact Framework (NetCF) is a merged version of 2.0 & 3.5.
  • The following applications have been removed from the SYS folder and placed in the kitchen EXT folder; they are also available in an Application Pack and the Package Repository noted in the first post of this thread.

- Auto Data Config (ADC)
    - Adobe Flash
    - Infrared Data port (IrDA)
    - Live Search
    - Modem Link
    - Remote Desktop Mobile
    - Voice Command (MSVC)
    - Voice Over IP (VoIP)
    - Windows Live (MSN)
    - Windows Media Player (WMP)

Attachments

• KITCHEN-ROMSYS_PACK_21056_20764.txt
    6.8 KB · Views: 38
  • KITCHEN-ROMSYS_PACK_21056_20771.txt
    6.8 KB · Views: 19
  • KITCHEN-ROMSYS_PACK_21056_20779.txt
    6.8 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

wmserver

Nov 27, 2007
Emulator

Da_G,
Thanks for the kitchen.
Just wonder if there's any good ROM emulator to test any mod before flashing into a real life device?
This will hopefully prevent bad ROM and bricking phone.

Last edited:

Da_G

Inactive Senior RD / Moderator Emeritus
Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
With HardSPL, you stand little chance of bricking the phone, you can always return to bootloader and flash a working ROM. But as to an emulator, yes there is one, but it does not emulate the hardware the Raphael has, so for that purpose it would not work, none of the drivers would load up and the emulator would not boot. You would have to create a special version without drivers - but then, you aren't really testing the important part :) As long as you have HardSPL, you can flash without worry.

As for a guide to mashing things up before cooking, i'm putting together a large collection of packages.. choosing what you want in the ROM will be as simple as checking boxes.. as far as editing the registry goes, you need a program that can open/save in unicode.. i personally use EmEditor..

kk0813

Jul 8, 2007
NY
Thanks Da_G. This one is working great. I checked with base OEM/ROM/SYS folders. If I want to include any cab files how can I include them? I tried to copy a cab file in packages folder and it didn't pick up. Is there any thing I need to do? Actually my idea was to include some cab files in the rom instead of using UC while flashing.

Thanks

gravesy56

Dec 1, 2008
With HardSPL, you stand little chance of bricking the phone, you can always return to bootloader and flash a working ROM. But as to an emulator, yes there is one, but it does not emulate the hardware the Raphael has, so for that purpose it would not work, none of the drivers would load up and the emulator would not boot. You would have to create a special version without drivers - but then, you aren't really testing the important part :) As long as you have HardSPL, you can flash without worry.

As for a guide to mashing things up before cooking, i'm putting together a large collection of packages.. choosing what you want in the ROM will be as simple as checking boxes.. as far as editing the registry goes, you need a program that can open/save in unicode.. i personally use EmEditor..
You're the man I wait with great patience going to also try the idiots guide as well as building in PPCKitchen as we speak I've had some issue getting the ROM to build... do I need Visual Studio as my backend dev box? I have 2003 Visual Studio but I'm thinking I need a newer version as for EmEditor; I'll grab that too. Thanks for the coaching, I hope to churning the buttah lik you my friend lol.

Da_G

Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
You need the .NET 3.5 runtime for windows (not .NET CF 3.5 for windows mobile), you can find it at microsoft's site. I believe that's the only requirement for the apps in the kitchen to run..

I'm about half-way done on the packages, archive is only 55mb so far.. gonna post a pre on my ROM thread since it's based on my ROM.

Da_G

Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
No packages for more time, sorry :)

attachment.php

Here's the first version of all the packages i've made thus far: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=3176535&postcount=1498

You don't need the kitchen from the first post, i included it in the package there.. same steps to follow, but i've included a good amount of packages.. of course there will be more coming soon, rome wasn't built in a day :)

Don't forget to scroll down on the list of packages, it goes off screen in buildos :)

gravesy56

Dec 1, 2008
No packages for more time, sorry :)

attachment.php

Here's the first version of all the packages i've made thus far: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=3176535&postcount=1498

You don't need the kitchen from the first post, i included it in the package there.. same steps to follow, but i've included a good amount of packages.. of course there will be more coming soon, rome wasn't built in a day :)

Don't forget to scroll down on the list of packages, it goes off screen in buildos :)

Da_G YOU RULE BRO!

qsqa

Feb 16, 2006
Posted a Diamond Phone canvas + Slide 2 Answer package, you can get it here - thanks to player911 for fixing it all up :)

It will of course be included in the next revision, but here it is now :)

Quick question - why don't you use original Diamond package (called "PACKAGE_Diamond_PhoneCanvas_Slider") for S2A taken from 2.03 Diamond rom? - it's working perfectly in my PROven

Da_G

Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I've updated several of the packages in the kitchen with new builds from the just-released diamond gsm rom, and added a couple more new packages. still no scripting to select the os version you want, but it'll come :)

On my way out the door, so no time to upload now.. hopefully tonight :) Gonna test them while i'm out.

gravesy56

Dec 1, 2008
Da_g kitchen works great still don't know what I'm doing or what's going but how do I change manila's and stuff? I want to use the confuzed backgrounds and colorings.

Thanks!

Da_G

Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
The easiest way to do that is to ask monx if he can share his customized packages, you can then just drop them in the \Packages folder and select them :) (providing he has made an option.xml to go with it)