[ROM*s*] [Rebooted: 4/30] VZW Stock Rooted 24A, 11A *&* 12B {LITE} w/ LG Add-Ons

Search This thread

fr4nk1yn

Aug 1, 2008
Norfolk
ROMs have been rebooted! ROMs are now extracted directly from KDZ files for purity.
24A has been ornery, Took a bit of work with MicroMod777's base to get it working.

As before ROMs, 24A, 11A & 12B, have been stripped of every Verizon and LG app that is not included somewhere in the settings.
They are simply extracted, debloated*, rooted, busy boxed and zip-aligned. 24A is Now recommended as it has all the benefits of 11A with no 12B issues.
G2 Settings are recommended for both ROMs as it does every mod needed. *24A ROM is 1.23GB, 11A is 1.2GB and 12B is 1.33GB.

LG apps still included are:
  • QMemo.
  • QRemote.
  • QSlide.
  • Slide Aside.
  • Voice Mate.
  • 24A has a few other services added with the LG update.

24A
MEGA: https://mega.co.nz/#!9MtlhLhY!JrSbGSYStbmHA6dr4CIOZbgi7VYG9TSdqwfAqW-bVMk
Adrive: http://www.adrive.com/public/jYnpTY/g2_signed_24A_043014_200721.zip
md5: 8e0141df15425bc07ec70b5a8d007f54

Bugs:
  • BusyBox is not properly symlinked. Will need to be user installed.
  • ???

Fixes:

• None.

Add-Ons:

11A
MEGA: https://mega.co.nz/#!JBNiHZaJ!7A5YxE2WhlkCU-JYXoNDvKi0fcgbAfv3ePgv62bSu6Y
Adrive: http://www.adrive.com/public/6pajAC/g2_signed_11A_020914_230106.zip
md5: cbf7468b84a986eee593d73301029f73

Bugs:
  • QVoice says update is needed then crashes.
  • Plug and Pop FCs due to Setup wizard(s) being removed.
  • If Plug and Pop fix, which installs setup wizard, is flashed during setup wizard if "email" or "contacts" is selected setup wizard will FC.

Fixes:

Add-Ons:

12B
MEGA: https://mega.co.nz/#!1B82kSCR!lgGGzAxtrWbAUoC0Lk7zzFl0fUeoC0KjFRIG6KvMVTg
Adrive: http://www.adrive.com/public/hFeEG5/g2_signed_12B_021514_171952.zip
md5: 2f6d45dd9b8d2877e691d906b26b3329

Bugs:
  • LGCalendar and LG VPN was not removed by mistake. (Fix is Below).
  • ???

Fixes:
Uninstaller: http://www.adrive.com/public/2S4pNG/41ROM_MissedAppUninstaller.zip Removes LGCalendar and LG VPN Client.

Add-Ons:

Also as before if any other LG apps and wanted leave a post and I'll get them up, takes me a couple of days.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-11-16-22-42-11.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-11-16-22-42-11.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 5,728
  • Screenshot_2013-11-15-02-24-49.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-15-02-24-49.png
    229.2 KB · Views: 6,116
Last edited:

mariekesuzanne

Oh I may have to flash this as well! My hangouts/search / play services / g plus have been having network errors for days... It's a mess on pretty much every rom for me since the playstore is updating me to most of em anyway. Meh.

Thx for this!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

smacklayer

Jul 17, 2012
Las Vegas
Nice and lean thanks. Running it now. Any way to get the stock weather app/widget back on here? I tried restoring from a titanium backup from stock rom and it wouldn't do it. Thanks.

Edit: Also this rom is missing calendar app and the ability to sync calendar data on my exchange account. Again tried to restore anything that says 'calendar' in it with titanium and it failed. Any ideas before I go back to stock? Gotta have calendar.

Last edited:

fr4nk1yn

Aug 1, 2008
Norfolk
Nice and lean thanks. Running it now. Any way to get the stock weather app/widget back on here? I tried restoring from a titanium backup from stock rom and it wouldn't do it. Thanks.

Edit: Also this rom is missing calendar app and the ability to sync calendar data on my exchange account. Again tried to restore anything that says 'calendar' in it with titanium and it failed. Any ideas before I go back to stock? Gotta have calendar.

Sorry, I'm not getting notifications.
I'll get that in the first app package.

-Edit: @smacklayer your apps are in the OP.

Last edited:
Reactions: smacklayer

Jimi Mack

Mar 6, 2011
Long Island
First a thank you and then a quick question. Has the whole rom been updated or do we just need to flash the updates, for those of us who have not installed it as of yet?

marcviado

Aug 7, 2010
Las Vegas
How's battery life on this? Eager to try it out but I'm on malladus ROM and I've been getting about 16+ hrs with a single charge

Edit: also on the screen shot..how did you make the battery icon and everything else white? Like android kitkat theme?

Last edited:

fr4nk1yn

Aug 1, 2008
Norfolk
How's battery life on this? Eager to try it out but I'm on malladus ROM and I've been getting about 16+ hrs with a single charge

Edit: also on the screen shot..how did you make the battery icon and everything else white? Like android kitkat theme?

Battery seems ok to me. It's stock so it'll behave stock.

There's a few threads with themes.
I'm using the one for XThemeEngine.

Reactions: marcviado

Melodycd

Jul 13, 2012
Sorry for asking, but did i miss new OTA for Verizon's G2? Or is it build from other model's OTA? I did installed today new camera apk from 11e, it was korean version. So it should be here also or not?

smacklayer

Jul 17, 2012
Las Vegas
Sorry, I'm not getting notifications.
I'll get that in the first app package.
-Edit: @smacklayer your apps are in the OP.

Thanks for the quick update. I installed the calendar sync app and weather app. Running well now. After I flashed those zips was was getting google speech to text service force closes. I uninstalled that service using titanium and reinstalled from Play Store and all is well.

I will use for a little while and report back if I see any other problems. Thanks again.

marcviado

Aug 7, 2010
Las Vegas
I flashed the essentials fix for hangouts now the app keeps force closing..any help pls

Edit: nvm i fixed it lol sorry for my useless post..

Last edited:

fr4nk1yn

Aug 1, 2008
Norfolk
Sorry for asking, but did i miss new OTA for Verizon's G2? Or is it build from other model's OTA? I did installed today new camera apk from 11e, it was korean version. So it should be here also or not?

I missed your question. *Trying to get used to Tapatalk.

11A is the latest. I used the 11E for about a day but it had the tendency to hang at times.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Melodycd

Jul 13, 2012
Trying to get used to Tapatalk too. Is there any way to add samsung keyboard here? The one that Note 2 have. I really don't like the keyboard in terms of mistakes i make on it. It is pain to type long texts. I tryed every keyboard on PlayStore. But i think that good keyboard only can be ported from other roms.

fr4nk1yn

Aug 1, 2008
Norfolk
Trying to get used to Tapatalk too. Is there any way to add samsung keyboard here? The one that Note 2 have. I really don't like the keyboard in terms of mistakes i make on it. It is pain to type long texts. I tryed every keyboard on PlayStore. But i think that good keyboard only can be ported from other roms.

That's outside of my scope and the ROM.

Top Liked Posts