Samsung 64gb micro sd

Search This thread

anth75

Jul 26, 2010
East Boston
I just got my Samsung 64 gb class 10 card and having an issue with it . I've tried formatting on the phone and as fat32 on my pc and having the same issues. It's taking forever to copy my backup files from my pc to the card and when it's done, some filesjust ddisappear. Am I doing something wrong or could it be a bad card? What should it be formatted as? Thanks

kenny1991

Feb 5, 2012
Lol. You bought for about 10 to 15 USD? If so a fake card that is upgraded from 8GB cards which is same as our less than 8 GB.
I tried done from eBay and got full refund add seller didn't say anything about upgrade.

kenny1991

Feb 5, 2012
Omg. You can not only make a simple sd card bit clone your entire note 3 in China and call it a note 3. But it doesn't make it now 3.
You deserve it good luck

kenny1991

Feb 5, 2012
Noob I did tell you that it was fake. But you said oh but it was Samsung. Og sam**** can't be wrong.

Nov again

celderic

Dec 1, 2010
Please point out where I said it couldn't be wrong.... you seriously have nothing better to do? Noob...lol

It is a shame some people have to be so rude, not you. But yes it is likely that you have got a fake card that is a lower capacity and named as 64gb. Could you provide a picture of your card (not one off the internet) the actual card you have, packaging too if you still have it.

Edit: there is a windows program for testing to see if a card is fake or not, i think it is called h2testw? Give it a try. Obviously test with the card in an adaptor, not your phone.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: anth75

anth75

Jul 26, 2010
East Boston
It is a shame some people have to be so rude, not you. But yes it is likely that you have got a fake card that is a lower capacity and named as 64gb. Could you provide a picture of your card (not one off the internet) the actual card you have, packaging too if you still have it.

Edit: there is a windows program for testing to see if a card is fake or not, i think it is called h2testw? Give it a try. Obviously test with the card in an adaptor, not your phone.

Agree. I did nothing but ask a question. It does appear that it is a fake as I reported the seller and they refunded my money. I will post a pic so no one else makes that mistake. Lesson learned as I always buy them on newegg and will again.

Attachments

• 1396832313102.jpg
    1396832313102.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 97

celderic

Dec 1, 2010
Agree. I did nothing but ask a question. It does appear that it is a fake as I reported the seller and they refunded my money. I will post a pic so no one else makes that mistake. Lesson learned as I always buy them on newegg and will again.

Pretty sure that it is fake, i think the official cards have a tiny uhs logo on them somewhere.

Edit:
Just had a quick search on google, this is what a genuine card looks like.
qutatytu.jpg

Last edited:

anth75

Jul 26, 2010
East Boston
Pretty sure that it is fake, i think the official cards have a tiny uhs logo on them somewhere.

It's a Damn good one too. Lol.. package and says samsung right on the card. Seller just responded and said they had no idea and that they're out a lot of money and that the supplier had lied to them. I do believe them but in the end I did get my money back and learned a lesson. Continue to buy my cards of newegg. Do you know if it has to be formatted in fat32 or done on formatted on the phone? Thanks for your help buddy

celderic

Dec 1, 2010
It's a Damn good one too. Lol.. package and says samsung right on the card. Seller just responded and said they had no idea and that they're out a lot of money and that the supplier had lied to them. I do believe them but in the end I did get my money back and learned a lesson. Continue to buy my cards of newegg. Do you know if it has to be formatted in fat32 or done on formatted on the phone? Thanks for your help buddy

Posted a picture of a genuine card in my previous post, and if im not mistaken your phone will format it as exfat to allow files larger than 4gb on it, as fat32 does not support large files.

anth75

Jul 26, 2010
East Boston
Posted a picture of a genuine card in my previous post, and if im not mistaken your phone will format it as exfat to allow files larger than 4gb on it, as fat32 does not support large files.

Definitely not the same one as you posted. It's sad people have to rip others off by doing that. I will format it in my phone then. Thanks again

kenny1991

Feb 5, 2012
Shut up gay noobs

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

Stupid behind keyboard heroes. I will **** you up better to stfu

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please point out where I said it couldn't be wrong.... you seriously have nothing better to do? Noob...lol

Edit:
    Just had a quick search on google, this is what a genuine card looks like.
    qutatytu.jpg

Definitely not the same one as you posted. It's sad people have to rip others off by doing that. I will format it in my phone then. Thanks again

No problem,
    i hope you get your new card sorted soon!