Any Flex users getting the LG G3?

Search This thread

sweets55

May 25, 2009
I'm thinking on pre ordering a G3. I think I can use my Jump even on a pre order. Not exactly sure how that works. Would be nice to try it out to make sure I like it.

sweets55

May 25, 2009
they'll probably have some in stores in a week or so to try out; might as well wait, even though you do have 14 days to return it..
I thought I saw on G+ pre orders will ship on the 15th. Thinking stores will have it the 16th. Not sure why I want a new phone so much. I'm still happy with the Flex. Just want a new toy. Thinking the G3 won't be that much different though. I would get the LG watch but I don't wear watches. LoL

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
I really miss flashing custom roms/having a working recovery, so I don't think I will buy another LG phone for myself; my wife and son will probably want G3's, once our first jump is active aug12th

I like the M8, and there are tons of roms for it; I would love to try a Z2s, but obviously that isn't happening at TMO any time soon, and, am curious about the upcoming Note4 as well.

Until then, I will not mess around with my rooted 4.4 Flex, since its working pretty well right now, and not worth messing with, especially without TWRP working with it..

sweets55

May 25, 2009
I'm thinking the G3 will have a fair share of developers. I thought I saw the Z2 will be out real soon on T-Mobile. I know it's about time. The Z3 is already in the works. LoL. I guess for me I should wait for the Note 4 or maybe even iPhone 6 for something different. It will be hard not to get the G3 though.

sweets55

May 25, 2009
Nothing else I would want if I didn't like it though. At least not in the next month I don't think. With my discount I get 30 days to return.

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
As much as I dont want another Samsung phone, I'll def be checking out the note 4

I owned the note1 and note 2, and really liked both of those phones; tons of roms/tweaks/options, so there was always something new and sweet to try out.

Like you said, who knows what will be out in the next month or so..

brittoking

Apr 12, 2008
As much as I dont want another Samsung phone, I'll def be checking out the note 4

I owned the note1 and note 2, and really liked both of those phones; tons of roms/tweaks/options, so there was always something new and sweet to try out.

Like you said, who knows what will be out in the next month or so..

Exact same situation here. Note 1/2 then decided a curved LG would be fun and have tons of development cuz it was such a unique idea... Lol.

Sent from my LG-D950 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

brandonhatty

Dec 31, 2012
I think I'm all done with having the newest phones. From here on out i'm sticking with popular phones with lots of development. Can't stand not being able to flash something cool and new every week. Note 2 spoiled me for sure.

Sent from my LG-D950 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

JesseMT4G

Aug 30, 2011
Youngstown
I am thinking of jumping to it. Love lg's software and it has nice hardware to boot. Battery life not as worried about as my new job won't let me on my phone as much, will be too busy. Stand by time should still be amazing.

Only reason really for switching is size. Need something more pocketable.

sweets55

May 25, 2009
I am thinking of jumping to it. Love lg's software and it has nice hardware to boot. Battery life not as worried about as my new job won't let me on my phone as much, will be too busy. Stand by time should still be amazing.

Only reason really for switching is size. Need something more pocketable.
Not sure how long it will be for Android L comes out but read it improves battery life. I also wouldn't mind a smaller phone. Not sure if I'll miss the size of the Flex screen though.

Thraxzzz

Mar 18, 2013
Singapore
Jumping to the G3 till the flex2 or whatever it's called is out, can't stand the menu button, why didn't they have options to change it to task switcher. Apps at playstore is able to change it but I'll lose some of the functionality

Sent from my LG-D958 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Bowmanspeer

Jul 18, 2011
Oregon
I really like the flex... Size, curve, buttons. Even better rooted. The UI is ok. Probably not switch until the new flex. I really miss flashing too. This was the first device I ever got on day 1 with no development. Not sure I want to do that again. Samsung and HTC would really need to come up with something out of this world for me to switch. So many devices right now with similar specs. Size, battery and buttons were probably the biggest things for me. The actual display is iffy on this but the next one will most likely be much better.

Ayocuz

Aug 11, 2010
Yeah I got a jump in August I think I'm done with LG. I too really miss flashing roms and mods

Sent from my LG-D959 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry guysI had big plans for a stock based ROM, but didn't work out

You've done so much for so many here already man, just glad you are working your way through stuff! :good:
    I really like the flex... Size, curve, buttons. Even better rooted. The UI is ok. Probably not switch until the new flex. I really miss flashing too. This was the first device I ever got on day 1 with no development. Not sure I want to do that again. Samsung and HTC would really need to come up with something out of this world for me to switch. So many devices right now with similar specs. Size, battery and buttons were probably the biggest things for me. The actual display is iffy on this but the next one will most likely be much better.
    great minds think alike
    He man I don't know much about what happened but don't worry about it. Glad your out of the hospital.