Change SView cover display

Search This thread

posedatull

FYI.: Here is a new great Xposed Mod (root only)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mohammadag.sviewmodsfornotethreeunlockkey&hl=en

Author:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Mohammad+Abu-Garbeyyeh

Description
Requires Xposed Framework & S-View Mods for Note 3 module.S-View Mods for Note 3 is a collection of modifications for the Note 3's S-View screen. These modifications are only compatible with a Note 3 running KitKat.

Features:
- Appearance:
* Background: custom background image, solid color
* Animated time changes
* Change text colors
- Music:
* Music player to use (Google Play Music, PowerAMP, Spotify for metadata, others for controls).
* Use blurred album art as background for S-View screen when music is playing from supported players.
- Shortcuts:
* Add up to 6 contact shortcuts, apps or other shortcut functions may be added later.
- Notifications:
* Secure notifications: you can now see call and SMS notifications when the screen is password locked.
Permissions:
- Write external storage: save the custom background after it's cropped.
- Read contacts: for quick dial shortcuts.

best regards

Found this app and bought it before stumbling upon this post. I do have to admit, the app is abslutely epic for modifying your S-view. PowerAmp controls work like a charm, changing the colors of the s view text, the background, etc. I totally recommend it, it is worth its money as an N9005 user

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: N9005

francis1987

Jan 28, 2011
Sydney
Just logged in to see if that xposed module had a thread and found this one...

It really is a great module, if your a sview user you need it!!

Reactions: N9005

Zulfi

Aug 28, 2008
Pune
Boss, I tried your apk all the way but I am getting black screen only!!!!
Thanks

Ceph752

Jun 12, 2014
Worked

Finally... Worked for me. Thanks for this. Just wanted to steer away from the generic looking sview color.

said_tandio

Jan 10, 2010
Surabaya
Hi hilmi94zul,

i tried your tutorial on my Galaxy Note 3 Neo N750, i'm on stock 4.2
when i just rename SViewCoverService.apk to SViewCoverService.apk.bak, i only got black screen.. :crying:
but when i also rename SViewCoverService.odex to SViewCoverService.odex.bak, i got set s-view color (just hang there) :( :(

i guess this doesn't work on N750..or maybe i'm doing something wrong? :confused:

much appreciate :D

Last edited:

hilmi94zul

Mar 15, 2013
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Hi hilmi94zul,

i tried your tutorial on my Galaxy Note 3 Neo N750, i'm on stock 4.2
when i just rename SViewCoverService.apk to SViewCoverService.apk.bak, i only got black screen.. :crying:
but when i also rename SViewCoverService.odex to SViewCoverService.odex.bak, i got set s-view color (just hang there) :( :(

i guess this doesn't work on N750..or maybe i'm doing something wrong? :confused:

much appreciate :D

First of all are you mod your sviewcoverservice.apk from your stock rom?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To make it easy here the tutorial....

If using phone I prefer to use root explorer. If using laptop just need 7zip.

1. Download my modded sviewcoverservice.apk https://mega.co.nz/#!aAR3BJqB!8anPU32TCLeSOa0h4AG71PYoPfrWbc2bqFARJC_iFzc
    2. Prepare your favourite wallpaper with resolution 1002x954 pixel and rename to mainbg_pattern_mainarea.png
    3. Change modded apk to .zip(if you are using phone. If using laptop just open using 7zip)
    4. Go to res/drawable-sw360dp-xxhdpi
    5. Find mainbg_pattern_mainarea.png to mainbg_pattern_mainareax.png
    6. Copy your wallpaper n paste inside the folder
    7. Zip the file back and rename back to .apk
    8. Go to system/app and rename original SViewCoverService.apk to SViewCoverService.apk.bak
    9. Copy and paste your modded SViewCoverService.apk and set permission to r-w-r-r
    10. Reboot

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    FYI.: Here is a new great Xposed Mod (root only)
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mohammadag.sviewmodsfornotethreeunlockkey&hl=en

Author:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Mohammad+Abu-Garbeyyeh

Description
    Requires Xposed Framework & S-View Mods for Note 3 module.S-View Mods for Note 3 is a collection of modifications for the Note 3's S-View screen. These modifications are only compatible with a Note 3 running KitKat.

Features:
    - Appearance:
    * Background: custom background image, solid color
    * Animated time changes
    * Change text colors
    - Music:
    * Music player to use (Google Play Music, PowerAMP, Spotify for metadata, others for controls).
    * Use blurred album art as background for S-View screen when music is playing from supported players.
    - Shortcuts:
    * Add up to 6 contact shortcuts, apps or other shortcut functions may be added later.
    - Notifications:
    * Secure notifications: you can now see call and SMS notifications when the screen is password locked.
    Permissions:
    - Write external storage: save the custom background after it's cropped.
    - Read contacts: for quick dial shortcuts.

best regards
    Hi guys,

I just want to share on how to change sview cover display.

Here's the link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2649714

Tq to @vonerk for making tutorial for this

1743730_783417621687066_1699118028_n.jpg
    Great, works fine on my Note 3 :D
    Here is my patched file (remove .zip)

best regards
    Dear All, may i know a guide if i already change the dpi on my note 3? it doesn't show the wallpaper full screen, i'm using Dr. Ketan custom rom and i already use the sview fix 2 & fix 3, still doesn't help

i've also tried to edit sview.apk from the original apk and change the .png.. but this method doesn't give any effect.. it still showing the standard background

please help

thanks

Install xposed framework.

Then install appsettings.
    Then look for sviewcover.apk and set to 480dpi.
    Save and reboot

Drew

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk