[APP] Fennec Browser (Nighty Build) ! Must try.

Search This thread

invalidcracker

Dec 8, 2011
Cairo
Screenshots:
Screenshot_2012_05_19_13_50_07.png

Screenshot_2012_05_19_13_52_13.png

Download:

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla....l-android/fennec-15.0a1.multi.android-arm.apk

Hint:
Install phony add-on for desktop/android.

Last edited:

simmer14

Jul 5, 2011
Unstable, slow, ressource hungry. Simply not good on a phone.

get a life ! every modern day web browser is a memory hog & resource hungry ! does'nt matter weather ur on ur pc or ur phone... these days ppl have great equiped pc with i3 quad etc thats y they don't know the diffrence... i use win7 and sometimes opera and firefox use 600mb of ram ! u should first learn how these things works before commenting it's a slow browser or a memory hog..

Taraen

Sep 30, 2011
get a life ! every modern day web browser is a memory hog & resource hungry ! does'nt matter weather ur on ur pc or ur phone... these days ppl have great equiped pc with i3 quad etc thats y they don't know the diffrence... i use win7 and sometimes opera and firefox use 600mb of ram ! u should first learn how these things works before commenting it's a slow browser or a memory hog..
Haha, you made me laughing. This is now the fourth time I try FF mobile, and the user experience still does not improve.

I installed Firefox from Play Store, cleared the RAM (170MB free) and after starting, the first thing the app did was crashing. I opened the settings and wanted to look for an user agent setting but I found out that there is none. When closing the settings Firefox crashed. After a restart of the app I opened three tabs with this websites: chip.de (PC layout), xda-developers.com (homepage), google.de. Before doing that I looked for the memory usage: Firefox needed 54MB. After the loading process Firefox with 3 tabs took 81MB away! Also the font sizes on Chip.de were wrong.

Then I cleared the RAM just as I did before opening Firefox. In Opera Mobile (desktop user agent) I opened the 3 tabs and 2 additional ones: AndroidPIT and Facebook. With all these 5 tabs Opera Mobile uses only 52MB of RAM.

When loading and opening the pages (I sit right next to the WLAN router) Firefox needed much more time than Opera Mobile. Also the user interface of Firefox is not as smooth as in Opera Mobile.

I know that Firefox has addon support and on a tablet or a powerful phone with more RAM it may be no problem, but on our phone and that's what I am talking about, browsing with Firefox is simply no fun. Its unstable, slow and ressource hungry on RAM and CPU (= stuttering)

On my XPS 15 I use Firefox Auroa 14 and I like it very much because I is very customizable eventhough it is not as fast as Google Chrome, but here the difference is not really big. Furthermore DownThemAll! is only available on FF.

The biggest amount of RAM FF used on my PC was 400-500 MB (normal usage 100-200 MB) but this does not matter, because with 4x2,8 GHz and 8GB RAM you do not feel this and it is nothing compared to the amount of free RAM. Pages load fast, scrolling is smooth, etc... ;)
You do not have these things on a phone and everytime I tried Firefox it only felt like a port of the original programm without being really optimized for the usage and the limitations of phones.

But hey: I've got a life, I'm not stupid, I'm not angry and I've only said what I feel when using Firefox... :rolleyes: I'm tired of all thes typical "What's the best browser" wars all around the web.

Have a nice day
Taraen

Last edited:

invalidcracker

Dec 8, 2011
Cairo
Lol! Guys i 'm just sharing an app i ve tried. i 'm on our poor device not any tab and it's working very well.

Btw that is not firefox on google market. I found that build greatly improved. if u want to have a try or you dont. so it is up to you i m not firefox developer :)

[ICS] GT-I9003

Top Liked Posts