[Q] root access

Search This thread

kaczorek093

Sep 17, 2012
hi i have a problem, sorry for my english , i tried as much as i can :)
i bought sensation xe and i want to hack it and install cyanogen
i instaled all drivers and programs(htc sync, drivers, adb on windows 7 , 2.0 usb used)

i unlocked it by htc dev ,
***UNLOCKED***
PYRAMID PVT SHIP S-OFF RH
HBOOT-1.29.0000
RADIO-11.24A.3504.31M
OpenADSP-V05.6.0.2226.00.0418
eMMC-boot
Mar 2 2012, 18:14:34
this is my bootloader window

i didnt use wire trick it just gone S-OFF it self ,
even if i try to do it , it shows you have already S-off and one thing i can do i close the window
, i instaled Clockwork 5.0.2 and 5.8 it works, then i try to install superuser 3.0.7 or 2.3.1 they usually have error
error in /sdcard/Superuser-3.0.7-d-signed.zip (status 0)

but sometimes it looks like ive installed it , but when i reboot and try to instal busybox it crash, root checker saying that i dont have root
instaling cyanoger 11 or 10.2 gone well, but it crashed at loading , when i reflashed kernel , it will load over and over - i wait 25 minutes

im back at the stock ruu and i dont know how i can get root access to install cyanogen
______________-
for those with the same problem
try to flash no superuser but SuperSU by recovery !!

Last edited:

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
hi i have a problem, sorry for my english , i tried as much as i can :)
i bought sensation xe and i want to hack it and install cyanogen
i instaled all drivers and programs(htc sync, drivers, adb on windows 7 , 2.0 usb used)

i unlocked it by htc dev ,
***UNLOCKED***
PYRAMID PVT SHIP S-OFF RH
HBOOT-1.29.0000
RADIO-11.24A.3504.31M
OpenADSP-V05.6.0.2226.00.0418
eMMC-boot
Mar 2 2012, 18:14:34
this is my bootloader window

i didnt use wire trick it just gone S-OFF it self ,
even if i try to do it , it shows you have already S-off and one thing i can do i close the window
, i instaled Clockwork 5.0.2 and 5.8 it works, then i try to install superuser 3.0.7 or 2.3.1 they usually have error
error in /sdcard/Superuser-3.0.7-d-signed.zip (status 0)

but sometimes it looks like ive installed it , but when i reboot and try to instal busybox it crash, root checker saying that i dont have root
instaling cyanoger 11 or 10.2 gone well, but it crashed at loading , when i reflashed kernel , it will load over and over - i wait 25 minutes

im back at the stock ruu and i dont know how i can get root access to install cyanogen
______________-
for those with the same problem
try to flash no superuser but SuperSU by recovery !!

you don't need root in order to install a custom rom
every custom comes pre-rooted

just do a full wipe from recovery and then flash the new rom

but if you want to stay in stock rom flash this zip from recovery
http://download.chainfire.eu/382/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.93.zip
it will give you root access

Far_SighT

May 28, 2013
Roorkee
Just a heads up, you "root" a "ROM", not the other way around. For installing a ROM, you only need a custom recovery. Whether your current ROM is rooted or not is (indirectly) irrelevant in context of installing a new one.

What rzr86 posted is a method to root a ROM AFTER installing it. And like he pointed out, most custom ROMs come pre-rooted.

Happy to help.