[Q] Is it possible to revert back to 4.3?

Search This thread

megapixle

Jul 3, 2008
This KitKat update is complete crap, it's ruined a number of things on my device and added NOTHING. A week ago I was 100% satisfied with my Note 3, I could keep it forever on 4.3. Is it possible to go back? I'm stock, not-rooted.

megapixle

Jul 3, 2008
I took it OTA, it gave me no choice. I kept postponing the installation and then it eventually forced me to reboot my phone and there was nothing I could do to stop it.

djtheraven

Jun 1, 2008
Yeah I found out the hard way and tripped my knox trying to go back. ...I hear you I loved my phone way better before. .. Now I feel like I have a hd2 with all the bugs lol

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Nellyinda803

Nov 17, 2012
I honestly feel like buying another phone after updating to kitkat. I absolutely hate it. I can't wait until all the bugs are worked out so I can have a functional (for me) phone

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

megapixle

Jul 3, 2008
I honestly feel like buying another phone after updating to kitkat. I absolutely hate it. I can't wait until all the bugs are worked out so I can have a functional (for me) phone

My battery life has literally been cut in HALF. And that's just the beginning of the issue. Complete crap.

Nellyinda803

Nov 17, 2012
My battery life has literally been cut in HALF. And that's just the beginning of the issue. Complete crap.

Mine too. Normally my battery would be at 80% right now. Now it's at 35 after only 5 hours of being off the charger. With screen on time of 1 hour. Somebody help us

djtheraven

Jun 1, 2008
After rooting my phone I found that the cpu min frequency was locking up at 1.95...And that is what is killing your battery... If you reboot it goes back

Reactions: HothTron

HothTron

Mar 13, 2014
I just switched to T Mo last week and got a new Note 3 and being stupid, I went for Kit Kat update right away, now after two Note 3's, i'm still having a shiaty time with my new phone, especially the battery life. This really, and utterly sucks!! can't even go back to 4.3 no matter what unless I exchange phone a 3rd time!!

djtheraven

Jun 1, 2008
It goes back to what? To normal?

I've noticed a lot of different things with the processor. After on for a little while randomly some of the CPUs will activate did not sleep, normally cpu0 stays on all the time but cpu1-3 turn off to save battery, and at the same time the minimum frequency would get stuck at 1.95... When you reboot everything would reset back to the minimum of 300 mhz and the CPUs would sleep as normal

d12unk13astard

Aug 5, 2010
Bakersucks
Really glad I stayed on 4.3 after hearing a lot of these horror stories mentioned in several threads. I had no intention of taking the OTA or Odin anyways just because I read a couple weeks before on a site that kitkat 4.4.2 was messing with how it handles the external sdcard and apps.

There's mixed reports of good/bad battery life on 4.4.2 and if the new bootloader really makes a difference yet, all I can say to those that did jump the gun or didn't know any better is things will get better as devs iron out the bugs and create custom kernels/roms to help you guys out. Does it suck waiting for all this.. hell yes it does but we have all been there before and just know you are in the right place here at XDA because these devs and members are here to help us all out thru hard times.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda premium

Reactions: slaya811

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After rooting my phone I found that the cpu min frequency was locking up at 1.95...And that is what is killing your battery... If you reboot it goes back

Really glad I stayed on 4.3 after hearing a lot of these horror stories mentioned in several threads. I had no intention of taking the OTA or Odin anyways just because I read a couple weeks before on a site that kitkat 4.4.2 was messing with how it handles the external sdcard and apps.

There's mixed reports of good/bad battery life on 4.4.2 and if the new bootloader really makes a difference yet, all I can say to those that did jump the gun or didn't know any better is things will get better as devs iron out the bugs and create custom kernels/roms to help you guys out. Does it suck waiting for all this.. hell yes it does but we have all been there before and just know you are in the right place here at XDA because these devs and members are here to help us all out thru hard times.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda premium