[Q] Factory reset after every restart and the internal memory is Zero

Search This thread

mohamed11

Nov 26, 2013
hi Evrey one >

at first sorry for my english

my tablet is ( i-life wtab 704) android 4.0.4

today i tried to root my tablet with z4root .

After that i rebooted and everything gone as like as the( factory rest )

so i began to install apps but the system give me a Message said (there is no enough memory)

i checked the storage i found the internal storage zero

then i rebooted it after that . Everything gone !!!!!!

but i noticed something .....

before trying to root my tablet ..i didnt have a recovery mode on my tablet ....when i try to press the 3 buttons (power + volume up + volume down) it didnt refer me to the recovery mode but keeps the screen stand still then reboot ( because its locked i think so)

but after use z4root ...when i do factory reset it shutdown then refer me to the recovery mode mentioning that i didnt install a recovery mode

in the recovery mode

...i made a wipe/factory reset...and made a cache wipe

but nothing happened :(

and The problem remains as it is

So please....:( help me

Last edited:
Let me knw something about ur tab

hi Evrey one >

so i began to install apps but the system give me a Message said (there is no enough memory)

before trying to root my tablet ..i didnt have a recovery mode on my tablet ....when i try to press the 3 buttons (power + volume up + volume down) it didnt refer me to the recovery mode but keeps the screen stand still then reboot ( because its locked i think so)

but after use z4root ...when i do factory reset it shutdown then refer me to the recovery mode mentioning that i didnt install a recovery mode

in the recovery mode

Let me knw have u installed app like busybox ?? because i have the same problem but in my case problem is caused by busybox not by root.

I googled and found that busybox is creating issues like this with ICS.

I hope this thread can help U--> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1752704. If it works then tell me and if not then message me.

Nirajan 2014

May 26, 2014
solved:- Reset and internal memory

hi Evrey one >

in the recovery mode

This is due to the reason that may be your android is not branded. First of all download the ES file manager. Dont worry it will be installed in Sdcard. Now open the explorer and go to the show hidden file tag in navigation bar, after click on root explorer and click on Mount r\w. For that superuser will ask for granting permission. Now go to device tab and click on search and type busy box which is installed in /system/xbin thus move it to /system/bin/. Now cent percent your problem will be solved.. If you dont find busybox then re root your tab..

Mabboseg

Jan 14, 2013
Redwood City
Factory Reset on Restart.

Hi Everyone...
I have a HP 7 Plus (1301) tablet and I rooted it with Root Genius, none of the other rooting programs could root it. After rooting it it installed "King User" app. Now the problem began:
(1) It does factory reset each time I off it and restart.
(2) The above solution of copying the busybox from /system/xbin to /system/bin DID NOT help.
(3) I have no problem with available space on the internal storage, all space is ok when seen in system (app) -> internal storage
(4) I tried updating with its original stock ROM: Doesn't let run any method of update...from int-storage, ext sdcard or adb sideload.

Any ideas or help will be appreciated ..

Oct 30, 2014
Hi Everyone...
I have a HP 7 Plus (1301) tablet and I rooted it with Root Genius, none of the other rooting programs could root it. After rooting it it installed "King User" app. Now the problem began:
(1) It does factory reset each time I off it and restart.
(2) The above solution of copying the busybox from /system/xbin to /system/bin DID NOT help.
(3) I have no problem with available space on the internal storage, all space is ok when seen in system (app) -> internal storage
(4) I tried updating with its original stock ROM: Doesn't let run any method of update...from int-storage, ext sdcard or adb sideload.

Any ideas or help will be appreciated ..

I have the exact same problem if it restarts it restores

Mabboseg

Jan 14, 2013
Redwood City
Working now ..... just like 'Factory Reset'

Finally I have something working now:
(1) I had to find the original ROM … since I had bought the tablet in Australia I had to flash it with that ROM made for Australia.
It doesn’t take any other ROM even made for that same model, all these times I was trying North American one.
(2) Also only the adb sideload works, tried doing an update by sdcad …NO GO.
NOTE the above operation made the tablet work OK but un-rooted …. so I lost the root altogether.
Well ... the tablet works well ….NO MORE reset after restart…..
I hate this unit now …. it has only one socket doing all: Recharging, usb-in, usb-out etc. Now the socket has gone loose, they should have designed it with a separate charging socket at least. This unit is a new one still being sold in the shops, will never recommend it to anyone.

mattpyle

Jul 5, 2010
Do you still have the update.zip file?

(1) I had to find the original ROM … since I had bought the tablet in Australia I had to flash it with that ROM made for Australia.
It doesn’t take any other ROM even made for that same model, all these times I was trying North American one.
NOTE the above operation made the tablet work OK but un-rooted …. so I lost the root altogether.
I hate this unit now …. it has only one socket doing all: Recharging, usb-in, usb-out etc. Now the socket has gone loose, they should have designed it with a separate charging socket at least. This unit is a new one still being sold in the shops, will never recommend it to anyone.

This is a long shot, but wondering if you still happen to have the update.zip for this, which you used to fix your phone. It's no longer anywhere on the internet! And have been blowing my brain to try and fix it the last couple of days, HP won't help me cause they don't have the files anymore. Any help would be much appreciated. I've tried another update.zip but it's an american one, and I need the Australian one.

Dom3616

May 7, 2013
Karachi
this is a long shot, but wondering if you still happen to have the update.zip for this, which you used to fix your phone. It's no longer anywhere on the internet! And have been blowing my brain to try and fix it the last couple of days, hp won't help me cause they don't have the files anymore. Any help would be much appreciated. I've tried another update.zip but it's an american one, and i need the australian one.

head over to the hp website! Kitkat is now live for hp 7 plus!

xdevelo

Jan 20, 2016
hp 7 plus link

pleas can you post the link of upload.zip for hp 7 plus or the likn to download kitkat version

kazumanagato

Feb 1, 2016

i have a prestigio multipad wize 3017 and my problem is the same every time i shutdown and start it back up it does a factory reset asking my to input all my info again. i used kingroot since then it has done that searched for advice but found nothing until now when i saw this. will this work for my problem. if so is the original ROM the firmware that came with it if not what is it? please reply to my question ASAP It is very important. thanks.

please send the reply to here and the email address kazumanagato@hotmail.com

PeachPiesAndBeans

Jun 5, 2016
This is due to the reason that may be your android is not branded. First of all download the ES file manager. Dont worry it will be installed in Sdcard. Now open the explorer and go to the show hidden file tag in navigation bar, after click on root explorer and click on Mount r\w. For that superuser will ask for granting permission. Now go to device tab and click on search and type busy box which is installed in /system/xbin thus move it to /system/bin/. Now cent percent your problem will be solved.. If you dont find busybox then re root your tab..
So, by moving busybox from /system/xbin to /system/bin, is that the same to deleting it? Does /system/bin equal deleting it? If not, how can I find /system/bin? Thank you.:eek:

kc9555

Jul 30, 2016
Sir please help.

Please send me the Australian ROM and guide me also. I will be really grateful to you.
[/B]