[Q] Cannot boot into Recovery (SEANDROID Issue)

Search This thread

LT.Azrael

Jun 1, 2014
Hey guys,

It's been a while.. so long I forgot my actual account password and no longer have access to the email address I used to create it. I've been on iOS for the last... 4-5 years now.

Anyway, I'm finally back now, got a Galaxy Note 3, and I've rooted it, and upgraded to 4.4.2 KitKat. I've tried to install CWM, and Odin says it passed (I've done this like 6 times now, trying different fixes I've found online, and none worked). Every time I try to boot into recovery, I get the following at the top of the screen:

1. RECOVERY BOOTING
2. RECOVERY IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING
3. Set Warranty Bit: recovery

After this, the phone reboots, and takes me to the OS, which is different than most people, apparently it won't let them even boot so I suppose I'm lucky.

But if I didn't want a custom Rom on my Note, I wouldn't be here, someone please help.

YrrchSebor

Aug 15, 2013
Los Angeles
that's weird, usually that blue 'recovery booting' means you are gonna get there.

a few things just for clarification: are you letting go of all the buttons as soon as you see that screen? and you do have the Tmo Note 3, yeah?

i hope you figure this out... it's gotta be something simple, i would think..

LT.Azrael

Jun 1, 2014
that's weird, usually that blue 'recovery booting' means you are gonna get there.

a few things just for clarification: are you letting go of all the buttons as soon as you see that screen? and you do have the Tmo Note 3, yeah?

i hope you figure this out... it's gotta be something simple, i would think..

Yeah, as soon as I see the screen I let go. Then it reboots into the KitKat OS I already had installed.

And yep, T-Mobile Note 3

Did you root first using CF auto root?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I used this tutorial to root:

galaxynote3root.com/galaxy-note-3-root/how-to-root-galaxy-note-3/

CF AutoRoot didn't work for me at first, I have it downloaded but couldn't get root access with it.

I have Root Access on KitKat tho, and it's working fine.

rickm8384

Sep 6, 2011
New York
Philz seems to be the recovery of choice lately. Try it out. Works flawlessly for me.

LT.Azrael

Jun 1, 2014
have you tried TWRP? that's what i'm using, version 2.7.0.0. perhaps you have an outdated version of CWM?

just throwing out ideas here... hope you get it figured out.

I thought TOP didn't work on KitKat? I had it initially but it threw the same error so I thought it was the problem and switched to CWM.

Also. After a while these word captchas are horrible. I keep trying to answer them and it refuses to work. I didn't remember xda having them before.

Frank Westlake

Nov 13, 2013
Verify that you gave it the CWM for 4.4.x, not the CWM for 4.3. If it is the wrong version just give it the correct one.

Frank

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Philz seems to be the recovery of choice lately. Try it out. Works flawlessly for me.

Apparently I had Philz on my computer so I gave it a shot. It gave me the same 3 messages in the beginning but it booted and I got infamous flashed on my phone.

Thanks a lot of all your help guys.