Samsung. .please Give us 4.4 with the new UI

Search This thread

pakure

Sep 22, 2009
HYDERABAD
I know that Sammy guys lurk here around and since there is no new 8 inch note. Pro ..:rolleyes:
I wish Samsung would update the n5100 with kit kat directly with the new UI. ..:rolleyes::p:p:D

Please Samsung. . Give us the update:eek:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Riff76

ianbbaa

Dec 27, 2008
I know that Sammy guys lurk here around and since there is no new 8 inch note. Pro ..:rolleyes:
I wish Samsung would update the n5100 with kit kat directly with the new UI. ..:rolleyes::p:p:D

There wont be any update to NOTE 8 from SAMSUNG - even 4.3 will not happen. Sad but true - NOTE 8 is sold out, hardly available on some markets already, popularitiy of N8 is weaker than original first NOTE 10,1 which also got till 4.1.2 only - and is also dead for SAMSUNG already.

flymacs

Dec 5, 2009
Paso Robles, CA
You would think that Samsung would at least give us 4.3 for the smart watch integration. I thought that's why they pushed out the updates for the S3 and the Note 2.

pakure

Sep 22, 2009
HYDERABAD
If note 8 is obsolete. Why is there a no 8 inch note pro version?..
I think the 8.4 pro version would be the most sold of the 4 new tablets announced
I believe we should get atleast 4.3 with trim and gear support. .. More useful for the n5100 with phone capabilities than a note 3 or s4

I don't care if they don't release update for a particular country as long as you can flash another country update using Odin

moezaka

Oct 24, 2012
Cairo
Not that any of the chit-chat in here is going to make any difference of what Samsung has already planned but imo, i guess this is the end of the line for note 8, as much as we all would like to think it isn't, even if it's way too early but oh well ... note 10.1 had 4.1.2 as the end of it's line, long dropped when it could've support all the newer android versions but it's all about marketing * forthe 2014 edition one*, so i guess we're waiting for almost a miracle to get 4.3 or jump to 4.4 according to samsung's policy, the only hope is that there isn't a newer note except that freaking large 12.2 or the bit older note 10.1 (2014) edition

i know i could easily flash any of the avaliable custom roms but touchwiz as much as most of us hate it is loaded with cool features "even if most of the time aren't used* that is missed on stock android

ProFresh4

Mar 20, 2013
Tampa/Lutz FL
I got my 8.0 as a gift from the wife which is carrier based so I am on 4.1.2 and it don't seem like At&t will update any android tablets at all especially Samsung since it seems they rip apart the updates anyway and take away key features like galaxy gear support and Knox container.

Sent from my Note 8.0 via XDA Premium App

Last edited:

behzad.bz

Sep 24, 2012
Tehran
On the news of GSMArena i read that note 8 will update to android 5 and after that possibility.
But i disappointed with samsung about updates...

Sent by Revenge from Note 8.0

ianbbaa

Dec 27, 2008
You would think that Samsung would at least give us 4.3 for the smart watch integration. I thought that's why they pushed out the updates for the S3 and the Note 2.

If they cared about Note 8 device itself, they would already launch an update together with Note 2/S3 in order to get more possible GEAR buyers. I quess for that price they were selling N8 - sold qtys were too small to keep Samsung maintaining this device at fresh state. S3/N2 sold milions so possible customer base for GEAR was much higher - therefore the rush. With the army of new 2014 tablets, if N8 will get 4.3 we could be happy - but do not expect any new software (S-NOTE ot that new UI from them). We will just get old software base same as N2 got with 4,3 update - it hasnt new Snote officially like N3, (but it is possible to run - thats another story.)

I am also going back to 4.1.2 - some quirks that they disabled in 4.2.2 update make me not more happy than lockscreen widgets - so i am reverting back also because of TabletUi. And already searching for 8" Windows 8 tablet - as soon as ASUS Note8 will be out, i might get it if there will be 3G version (but doesnt have hdmi, pity). I wont buy any other Android tablet anymore - i still need more desktop to use, 3G and JumpDesktop via RDP to my server makes Note8 perfect companion, but it will be better to run my programs natively on the go and i can ditch S-Note app to full MS ONE NOTE and full Excel layout compatibility with my customers.

donmedo

Jan 7, 2012
Tanta
If samsung didn't provide an 4.4 update for the note 8 thise will be the last samsung device i'll buy n i don't wanna hear some hardware **** compatibility i've had enough from the frist galaxy

Reactions: Twodogies

skeeterpro

Jan 8, 2011
Iowa
If they cared about Note 8 device itself, they would already launch an update together with Note 2/S3 in order to get more possible GEAR buyers. I quess for that price they were selling N8 - sold qtys were too small to keep Samsung maintaining this device at fresh state. S3/N2 sold milions so possible customer base for GEAR was much higher - therefore the rush. With the army of new 2014 tablets, if N8 will get 4.3 we could be happy - but do not expect any new software (S-NOTE ot that new UI from them). We will just get old software base same as N2 got with 4,3 update - it hasnt new Snote officially like N3, (but it is possible to run - thats another story.)

I am also going back to 4.1.2 - some quirks that they disabled in 4.2.2 update make me not more happy than lockscreen widgets - so i am reverting back also because of TabletUi. And already searching for 8" Windows 8 tablet - as soon as ASUS Note8 will be out, i might get it if there will be 3G version (but doesnt have hdmi, pity). I wont buy any other Android tablet anymore - i still need more desktop to use, 3G and JumpDesktop via RDP to my server makes Note8 perfect companion, but it will be better to run my programs natively on the go and i can ditch S-Note app to full MS ONE NOTE and full Excel layout compatibility with my customers.

Have you tried Civato's 4.2.2? Been my DD for a while now and does quite well for me. VNC works well to work laptop so connection has been smooth.

As far as Win8 goes I've been running the Dell Venue Pro 8 (64Gb on board and 64Gb uSD) for a couple months and must say Dell did this right. Odd size 8.3 screen so cases and protectors a challenge. Great screen, very snappy processor and overall a great buy. (got mine for $320) You might want to look at it.

Bateluer

Jul 20, 2010
So say goodbye to your galaxy, because we will not see any more updates past 4.2.2.

A big reason why I didn't care as much for the unveiled TabXPros they launched. They aren't supporting the tablet they overcharged for last spring, why should I buy another tablet from them?

And I was mulling the GPe G-Pad and the N8.4Pro, easier decision now.

jazzespresso

Jul 24, 2012
NYC-USA
Take matters into your own hands! CM 11 ~ Android 4.4.2

Samsung does not provide an update for Polish .. And I thought that Samsung is more concerned about the updates ..

Remember that flashing CM 11 (Android 4.4.2) you will loose several of S-Pen/Note features. I know, like myself, many bought this tablet because of S-Pen/Note features...

jazzespresso

Jul 24, 2012
NYC-USA
Install GMD and some from the many good note apps (like papyrus) and you will never go back to Stock :D

what, if you watched some of CES 2014 presentations, Samsung bring with new 4.4 UI that never going to make it to CM 11. Don't take me wrong I love what CM does, but i have love and hate relationship with Samsung and its flagship UI (TouchWiz, or new UI called Magazine UI)...

In addition, there's, as far as I can see, no stable CM 11 version for Note 8, except BeanStalk 4.3's CM based ROM, but still nothing officially supported. if you check Note 8 developer section, you will see there's not a lot of development going on for our note 8 tablet.
unless some brave developer(s) jump in and port Note 3 4.3 stock ROM to our Note 8.0

Dexxmor

May 20, 2011
near munich
@sbrissen doing a great job with Official CM, so one Developer is there @civato for a stockbased ROM, two developer are here @ryukiri make OMNI for us, in future (when this odd storage problem is fixxed) OMNI is Official.
Offcource there are more Devs, great Devs, but this Three are the popular in the Note 8 Section (since i am lurking here :D )

A port from the Note 3 is really, really bad ass hard work. You musst port them over from Quallcomm to Exynos, thats really hard. So don't expect this.

The only thing i missed is a Custom Kernel like civatos for CM :D

ryukiri

Jun 17, 2012
@sbrissen doing a great job with Official CM, so one Developer is there @civato for a stockbased ROM, two developer are here @ryukiri make OMNI for us, in future (when this odd storage problem is fixxed) OMNI is Official.
Offcource there are more Devs, great Devs, but this Three are the popular in the Note 8 Section (since i am lurking here :D )

A port from the Note 3 is really, really bad ass hard work. You musst port them over from Quallcomm to Exynos, thats really hard. So don't expect this.

I'm willing to attempt to make a custom kernel this summer when I have more free time. Right now, I'm super pressed on time due to loads of school work, tests, and stuff.

And to clarify some confusion, Omni IS official for us right now, just no nightlies yet as I'm still working on adding support in the kernel. Also, PAC 4.4 will be official when everything is ready. (We're all working to add new features and stabilizing stuff to give you guys the best possible experience).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'm willing to attempt to make a custom kernel this summer when I have more free time. Right now, I'm super pressed on time due to loads of school work, tests, and stuff.

And to clarify some confusion, Omni IS official for us right now, just no nightlies yet as I'm still working on adding support in the kernel. Also, PAC 4.4 will be official when everything is ready. (We're all working to add new features and stabilizing stuff to give you guys the best possible experience).

yeah I was kind of hoping this would be easy port, but as you pointed out from Quallcomm to Exynos thingy is makes this even more challenging.
    Another thing that I have been trying several ported Note 3 (4.3) apps to our Note 8, but not all of them work because of 4.3 framework dependability i assume. you know if we at least make our note 8 look like stock 4.3, that would be probably good enough for a lot of us here :laugh:

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

I have 4.3 on my note 2 with all the note 3 apps and features, courtesy the ditto note 3 rom. .
    I also have the nexus 7 2013 with 4.4.2.. but I prefer my note 8.

... I want my note 8 to get updated to the new Kit kat from Samsung... Come on Sammy. . Just do it:rolleyes:

P.s. For the note 2 on stock 4.3... They are getting the new S note from note3 as an update in Samsung apps

by the way, i got this habit lately that I am keep bugging (daily) Samsung's offical's facebook, Google+ pages... basically I am posting "I want 4.3 on my Note 8!!!" on their facebook and google+ page...
    i do this every morning while I am at office having my morning coffee...
    if you all do the same, means we may eventually get their attention.

If samsung didn't provide an 4.4 update for the note 8 thise will be the last samsung device i'll buy n i don't wanna hear some hardware **** compatibility i've had enough from the frist galaxy