[Q&A] [ROM][4.4.4][Official] NamelessROM [NIGHTLIES]

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for [ROM][4.4.4][Official] NamelessROM [NIGHTLIES]

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer. Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :smile:

sukest

Sep 26, 2011
Tecate
WiFi Drain Battery

Hi, im usin the Nightly 10132014, when Turrn on the wifi, drain a lot of battery, this fixed on the new Nightly?

taxishop

Mar 29, 2014
boost p970

for the ones that do not have the same speed like before, there are some things, everybody should consider:

1. go into recovery and delete "dalvik cache", "cache" and "battery stats" from time to time.
2. use fstrim
3. delete cache under ->settings->storage
4. delete all temorary apps -> press and hold home ->than delete all the running apps
5. set animation(s) at 0.5x

now you should feel a speed improvement.

ptxpaulo

Sep 13, 2013
Hello
I have problem using GPS, can't fix satellites . Anyone have solution for this?

Thank you

Well, it seems that is not a priority for the devs, but they will do it (I believe on it)
A note for them:
You are making a fantastic job with your ROM for our Black, but as for usability a few notes.
- FM radio (no chance, that's acceptable, for me )
- GPS (come on, we had nice GPS with some JellyBean ROM's, Mackay ROM for ex. Thats indispensable for most users, and maybe not hard to fix as other things).
- Bluetooth (you have almost made the job, but bluetooth streaming has still problems, the music doesn't play flawless, impossible to listen a music).
For me, there are 2 things that keeping me out of this ROM (GPS and Bluetooth). But I'll keep trying every week.
Thanks, and i hope this could be helpfull for everyone.

alvinlo

Jul 5, 2009
black screen issue

After I install the firmware(2014-10-26) on the phone, run the phone, everything seems fine. But after when the screen is locked, I cannot unlock it , hardware button backlights is on, but there is no picture on the screen. I flash back the nightly 2014-4-13, everythings is working normally. so I confirm that' not the hardware problem .

Sorry for my english !

solberg13

Mar 12, 2014
p970

i have the same problem.when i plug the phone,for charging,it freez for one or two minute,and not charging

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

if i power off the phone,its charging

skakaliantis

Aug 29, 2011
changelogs and daily builds

I wanted to know the differences between daily builds but can't read changelogs... i'm on windows...
Is there a difference between daily builds or are they automatically created...
Should i apply updates daily?
And how can i read changelogs on windows?
Why after so much development is still in nightly and not in beta or stable form???

Last edited:

dragone26

Jan 26, 2011
wow

Installed today, wow!!!
I got back my Optimus Black from the drawer and it came back to life.
I don't care if there are some minor bugs/flaws/problems...
Hail to the developers :)

Reactions: GoncaloM

Pondera

Feb 8, 2012
Anyone who is using the ROM, can you please give me feedback about the things below. Answers are greatly appreciated.

Does these work?
1- Wi-fi tether
2- VPN
3-Apps to SD
4-GPS

Pondera

Feb 8, 2012
For me:
1) No
2) No
3) Yes
4) No

I hope that gps will be fixed at least :)
Oh.. Thanks. Then i keep on waiting for another OB like phone. I can't go back to ICS.. So far none of the companies made a similar phone. They either make giant phones or ugly phones ...etc. Z3 compact was a thrill when i first read about it. Amazing phone but it has a very serious problem. It can't be rooted unless bootloader unlocked. With cause phone to lose very important features....

MassiMo.Z78

Sep 11, 2014
Pavia
Lg optimus black p970 camera

Hello everyone, someone found some malfunction to the room every once in photo mode and in that video instead does not record your own?
If you have a solution, you can say it to me thanks. :)

edit

Someone is so kind as to pass the file camera.apk so I try with that maybe mine is corrupt

Sorry for the grammar but use google translate

Last edited:

solberg13

Mar 12, 2014
when i call someone instead of the name appear the "unknow" word.why?sorry for my noob question

Last edited:

timotea_18

Jan 13, 2015
Camera problem

It is the best ROM I have try for my P970 so far, everything work, except for the camera.

When I take a picture, the backgroud of the camera stay stock with the last picture I take. To be able to take another one, I need to close and open again the app.

Also, when I try to record, all my video have the extension .MP4.TMP and I'm unable to read it.

I try Google Camera and I got the same picture problem.

I use the nameless version : 4.4.4-20141215-p970

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    wow

Installed today, wow!!!
    I got back my Optimus Black from the drawer and it came back to life.
    I don't care if there are some minor bugs/flaws/problems...
    Hail to the developers :)
    @solgius,
    same problem, I'm using Nameless rom for more than a year (from first version).
    My trick was "manually" select wifi on and off.