[Q] Trouble to upgrade bootloader from MK5 to MJB to NE4

Search This thread

blehq

Nov 2, 2010
Montreal
I've been serching for an answer for a while and can't seem to find a proper one that makes sure that I won't brick my phone. I've been flashing roms since 2011 and know pretty much the drill but lately I've been flashing at a couple months interval CM11 m builds and since I don't follow the threads like I used to, I feel like I'm missing out on how to do the right procedure.

So this is my phone:

Rogers i747 SG3
Cm11 4.4.4
Bootloader: I747MVLUEMK5
Baseband: I747MUMUEND3

I've installed these about a month and a half ago and since I've lost LTE networking but I didn't care to try to fix since I don't use it that much and left it like that.

This morning, I tried flashing MJB bootloader and modem zip in recovery but it gives me the classic error 7

Any Idea how to get out of this impasse? I've been searching all morning and can't find what I'm looking for...

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
I see you're in Montreal. Do you have the AT&T version of the s3; i.e. i747?

Your bootloader (MJB - 4.3 AT&T) and modem (ND3 - Telcel) appear to be mismatched. Maybe this is causing the loss of LTE connections.

What recovery are you using? Is it up to date?

Reactions: mrrocketdog

blehq

Nov 2, 2010
Montreal
Cool yeah it is a i747m you're right.

Once I install the latest (canadian) firmware, does that give me the possibility to flash mjb and the Ne4 to have access to the latest cm roms without any trouble? Not sure if i understand everything here...

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Do not flash any firmware not specifically designed for the i747m. The mjb bootloader is for the i747 and flashing that on your phone would probably brick it.

Reactions: blehq

blehq

Nov 2, 2010
Montreal
Do not flash any firmware not specifically designed for the i747m. The mjb bootloader is for the i747 and flashing that on your phone would probably brick it.

Well thanks for the link. I updated my firmware and played with the apn and now the LTE works again and hitting an 80 mb download... pretty crazy.

So are you saying that a i747m would not be able to flash cm12(lollipop) which states in the nightly thread that it needs a NE4 bootloader/modem?!

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
You can determine which bootloaders are supported by CM12 by downloading CM12 and looking at the updater script in Notepad. The first few lines will list the supported bootloaders.

The latest stock firmware for the i747m can be found at sammobile.com. This firmware is flashable in Odin and would include the bootloader, modem, and the dreaded Knox.

Reactions: blehq

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry, I made a mistake. Your bootloader matches the modem for am i747m from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1831898

Boot into download mode and look at the model number at the top.
    I see you're in Montreal. Do you have the AT&T version of the s3; i.e. i747?

Your bootloader (MJB - 4.3 AT&T) and modem (ND3 - Telcel) appear to be mismatched. Maybe this is causing the loss of LTE connections.

What recovery are you using? Is it up to date?
    You can determine which bootloaders are supported by CM12 by downloading CM12 and looking at the updater script in Notepad. The first few lines will list the supported bootloaders.

The latest stock firmware for the i747m can be found at sammobile.com. This firmware is flashable in Odin and would include the bootloader, modem, and the dreaded Knox.