Thank you DZO (Martin) for all your hard work

Search This thread

mssmison

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2008
Google Pixel 5
For anyone who doesn't know. DZO is the reason we have android on the vogue period.. End of sentance.

Yeah there's been others of us who have ported builds and so on, but the simple truth of the matter is it wouldn't have happened without Martin.
He's an amazingly generous person who's helped all of us extend our vogues way longer than we ever would have. He's poured countless hours of developing and debugging into this project, because of him we had a functional froyo build before most other phones were even thinking about getting official builds.
For those of you who don't know DZO will be moving on from vogue developement soon as his provider is discontinuing the baseband that the vogue used.

I propose we all show Martin our thanks and appreciation for everything he's done for us.

I've just donated 4.55USD. (confirmation 44522221AF351025K) I know its not much, but it's all I have in my paypal and can afford right now. I propose we all give just a little, show our appreciation and send Martin off the way he deserves! Post here whatever you donate, even if it's just a dollar, its about showing our appreciation.

Thanks again Martin! You are what every project needs!
And if NZ has milestones, I hope you get one :) I'd love to continue to work with you.

Last edited:

jamezelle

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 4, 2007
Ohio
www.jamezelle.com
For anyone who doesn't know. DZO is the reason we have android on the vogue period.. End of sentance.

Yeah there's been others of us who have ported builds and so on, but the simple truth of the matter is it wouldn't have happened without Martin.
He's an amazingly generous person who's helped all of us extend our vogues way longer than we ever would have. He's poured countless hours of developing and debugging into this project, because of him we had a functional froyo build before most other phones were even thinking about getting official builds.
For those of you who don't know DZO will be moving on from vogue developement soon as his provider is discontinuing the baseband that the vogue used.

I propose we all show Martin our thanks and appreciation for everything he's done for us.

I've just donated 4.55USD. (confirmation 44522221AF351025K) I know its not much, but it's all I have in my paypal and can afford right now. I propose we all give just a little, show our appreciation and send Martin off the way he deserves! Post here whatever you donate, even if it's just a dollar, its about showing our appreciation.

And if NZ has milestones, I hope you get one :) I'd love to continue to work with you.

your exactly right mssmison, thanks DZO for everything

just donated 10.00USD -- 7V508205X93814816

I hope that helps, and thanks again for all your work with vogue-android

here is the link to his paypal https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=M%2eJ%2eJohnson%40massey%2eac%2enz&lc=GB&item_name=Vogue%20Android%20Donation&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHosted

Reactions: mrkite38

incubus26jc

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 12, 2009
Illinois

here is the link to his paypal https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=M%2eJ%2eJohnson%40massey%2eac%2enz&lc=GB&item_name=Vogue%20Android%20Donation&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHosted

I Agree 100%. DZO Is The Man. Most People dont realize what he has accomplished. This forum Woudnt even Exist without him. I will donate $20.00 In the next couple days when i get paid.

I would also advise that any further donations to me from this forum should go to him instead. I will donate anything I receive to him If it still comes to me. Thanks DZO For everything man.

79bass

Jul 19, 2010
Copenhagen

Yes, DZO is incredible!
Just donate me too 8€ (8DK842408Y0358827) (equal to 10USD).
Hey Don't give to Dzo a milestone!!! :p... He needs to work on his Vogue!!! .... isn't it.. I'm joking ;)
thanks again

loserskater

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 6, 2008
Palmdale, CA
I must say that without dzo and this android project I would have never attempted to write a program. My NBH Editor is the first time I've ever messed with any type of programming, and I have dzo to thank for that. Nobody has donated to me and I'm totally fine with that because I get excited seeing almost 1000 downloads of something that I created. I know dzo feels the same way, not really looking for donations but just the joy in doing something that a community loves. Regardless, I think dzo deserves at least a little bit of compensation for all of his hard work.

$10 conf: 8A464154CG638782A

Thanks dzo!

zenulator

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 12, 2009
Thank you dzo for everything you've done for this community. I've had so much fun being apart of it. You are truly an inspiration to me and countless others. You are the main reason I've never taken a donation from this project. Because if there is anyone that deserves it then its you. You are the reason I still keep my vogue. I showed my seven year old son the video and slides you did documenting this great accomplishment and hopefully inspired a future developer. I am truly grateful for all that you have givin us. I pledge $20 u.s. dollars to help pay for your next phone. Good luck my friend I wouldn't be doing what I love if it wasn't for you.

samjam

Dec 18, 2006
I also have 2 kaiser:
Confirmation number: 0H433674XM202045R

Thanks dzo, much appreciated.

czar_au

Mar 15, 2008
Long live the KAISER!!! And Long Live DZO!! :)

$ 10 USD
5R739513DN011891B

Thanks for keeping it alive!

f_hugh

Jun 2, 2009
Motorola Edge
mssmison -- thanks for starting this thread, I think that the fact that dzo has been doing this for so long without (to my knowledge) ever asking for pats on the back or any other kind of thanks meant that he loved to do it. That said, in retrospect, someone needed to do exactly this, and thanks for doing so. :)

tsrich

Jul 25, 2008
Noooooooooooo

Dzo, if we donate enough, will you consider moving to the states where your Vogue still works? :)

I just added my donation to the pile.

Thanks for all your efforts.

golfnz34me

Mar 28, 2009
Iowa City
Sony XA2 Ultra
Xiaomi Mi 9
I also want to say thanks for all your great work.

I know what you're thinking, "Hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort"

Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness. So you've got that goin' for you, which is nice.

citrit

Nov 15, 2007
Niskayuna, NY (USA)
Many thanks Dzo, I said a while ago I would pay for getting Bluetooth working on my Kaiser, we here ya go. I had a six hour ride yesterday to a customers site, I was able to stream comedy and music to my Bluetooth and then to my radio for the entire ride.

Sweeet!

Thanks.

PS. Paypal contrib is on the way.

manu33xtro

Nov 23, 2008
Bordeaux : wine... Hum...
Thank you and again and again...

I think you're the best DZO : I've done before for all your very good works :):)

Thank you very much again, because now I've a new phone !!

Have a good day and another's...

Cheers.

McDogger

Mar 25, 2009
Many many thanks for your hard work to give second live for our phones. I had kaiser, but now with your work (kernel and froyo) I have KAISER.
Donation: 10$ Confirmation: 66M43490YF294245J.

piotrv

Sep 5, 2007
Thanks to DZO (and others) I spent more time in bed with my kaiser than my girlfriend :D

It also enabled my first steps into Android programming.
You have to learn it on an old bike and DZO keeps them in mint condition :)

Just a symbolic donation (91W25880AB312705D) for Martin, the living legend
Thanks mate, for all the efforts!

Please tell us what your next xda will be.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I Agree 100%. DZO Is The Man. Most People dont realize what he has accomplished. This forum Woudnt even Exist without him. I will donate $20.00 In the next couple days when i get paid.

I would also advise that any further donations to me from this forum should go to him instead. I will donate anything I receive to him If it still comes to me. Thanks DZO For everything man.
    Thank you dzo for everything you've done for this community. I've had so much fun being apart of it. You are truly an inspiration to me and countless others. You are the main reason I've never taken a donation from this project. Because if there is anyone that deserves it then its you. You are the reason I still keep my vogue. I showed my seven year old son the video and slides you did documenting this great accomplishment and hopefully inspired a future developer. I am truly grateful for all that you have givin us. I pledge $20 u.s. dollars to help pay for your next phone. Good luck my friend I wouldn't be doing what I love if it wasn't for you.
    Wow, I'm amazed, I woke up this morning to a dozen donations and all these fantastic messages. Thank you all so much, without the people on here I would have given up long ago.

It's true I've spent a lot of time working on this project, but it's been well worth it. As part of my job I teach operating systems and now I feel I can stand up and tell people I do know how a real OS works instead of just having read the books!

As for my next phone, I have bought a Desire (simply because I got it fairly cheaply) It's a nice device but I don't think I'm going to do any development work on it because it already works fine.

I'll keep working on my Vogue at least until the new kernel is stable. I really want to find out why Froyo seems to just crash and not recover sometimes.

Again, thanks to everybody who's worked on this, without people finding bugs, testing unstable kernels, asking for new features, and fixing the things I don't use we wouldn't have got anywhere.