[Tutorial] Relock bootloader!

Search This thread

Blagus

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 10, 2010
Update: As of 29th April 2013, Relock bootloader file has been downloaded 80494 times!

As I already mentioned a week or two ago, there's unlock key in TA Misc after BL unlock.
This file removes the key, therefore relocks the bootloader.

Flash with FlashTool.

DRM can't be restored!

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/g1b5j712ajx4yjd/Xperia_Relock_bootloader.ftf

Feel free to donate if this helped you :)

Update:
If you unlocked your phone with SEtool/Omnius - any testpoint unlock solution - YOU CAN NOT RELOCK BOOTLOADER! IT'S PATCHED SO IT APPEARS LOCKED TO SE, BUT ACCEPTS UNSIGNED IMAGES VIA FASTBOOT! SO STOP ASKING ABOUT IT, AND STOP TRYING.

Also, there seems to be problem with Verizon Plays, usually this doesn't work for them, when unlocked via fastboot.
Enjoy ;)

Last edited:

NielDK

Jul 13, 2008
Farum
Good work man.
Gonna test it tomorrow to get my original firmware.

Sent from my U20i using XDA Premium App

Mills00013

Oct 12, 2007
Blagus, you're melting my brain with these releases, man! We can barely keep up!

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. Thanks for your work in this community!

Do you think that the trick to locking and unlocking CDMA is similar?

Blagus

Jun 10, 2010
I'll see what I can do as soon as I get the device! With this trick I don't have to worry about one-shot opportunity! ;)

Reactions: Cat_On_Droid

Nhialor

Jun 17, 2009
Dublin, Ireland, Ireland
Blagus, you are the man!

A few questions for you, but you don't have to answer if you don't want to :

1. What age are you (You seem very experienced)
2. When did you start coding and the likes
3. How did you get into this (I would like to start{have 2 years of coding under my belt, but lots more to learn still})

marvi0

May 23, 2008
?
As I already mentioned a week or two ago, there's unlock key in TA Misc after BL unlock.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/g1b5j712ajx4yjd/Xperia_Relock_bootloader.ftf

Enjoy ;)

Thanks matey, just come across this thread, and want to try this at home, just a quick question, what exactly is contained, in the download link above, is it something we have to flash, or is it just a key, we have to input, in order to re lock bootloader, or all instructions are in the above download link? Thanks?

Blagus

Jun 10, 2010
Thanks matey, just come across this thread, and want to try this at home, just a quick question, what exactly is contained, in the download link above, is it something we have to flash, or is it just a key, we have to input, in order to re lock bootloader, or all instructions are in the above download link? Thanks?

Flash with FlashTool.

Blagus

Jun 10, 2010
Blagus, you are the man!

3. How did you get into this (I would like to start{have 2 years of coding under my belt, but lots more to learn still})

1. 16 in July, next month :p
2. I was always interested in programming and stuff, even before I had internet (2004 or 2005), I found Dev-C++ and I was making new programs by copying parts of source codes of example apps included :p
3. I got into SE game two and half years ago when I was googling sony ericsson free unlock. I found akshayy.com site where I started with patching and flashing. Later I got knowledge about GDFS and TA from forums, I was experimenting with my K530, and so on... Then I found Omnius team and started cooperating......

waz000000

Dec 11, 2006
leicester
can also confirm OTA update worked for me after using this:

1: relocked bootloader
2: downgraded and used gingerbreak
3: updated via OTA

All fine.. well done Blagus

Reactions: Logseman

Blagus

Jun 10, 2010
Will this trick somehow help with getting the radio back?

No, since fastboot is still not enabled with this. However, this will most probably come in handy for such phones once fastboot is re-enabled since during unlock, security zone is kind of reset - new sim-unlocked one is calculated.

ebsglobal789

May 9, 2011
Can I try to use this method on my bricked phone (get worse by used the patch "perset.ta as simlock.ta flashing")?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update: As of 29th April 2013, Relock bootloader file has been downloaded 80494 times!

Flash with FlashTool.

DRM can't be restored!

Feel free to donate if this helped you :)

Update:
    If you unlocked your phone with SEtool/Omnius - any testpoint unlock solution - YOU CAN NOT RELOCK BOOTLOADER! IT'S PATCHED SO IT APPEARS LOCKED TO SE, BUT ACCEPTS UNSIGNED IMAGES VIA FASTBOOT! SO STOP ASKING ABOUT IT, AND STOP TRYING.

Also, there seems to be problem with Verizon Plays, usually this doesn't work for them, when unlocked via fastboot.
    Enjoy ;)
    Anyone who downloaded and it failed... try again, this is fixed release.
    Blagus, you are the man!

1. 16 in July, next month :p
    2. I was always interested in programming and stuff, even before I had internet (2004 or 2005), I found Dev-C++ and I was making new programs by copying parts of source codes of example apps included :p
    3. I got into SE game two and half years ago when I was googling sony ericsson free unlock. I found akshayy.com site where I started with patching and flashing. Later I got knowledge about GDFS and TA from forums, I was experimenting with my K530, and so on... Then I found Omnius team and started cooperating......
    Will try it out, I am not able to flash a custom kernel or anything with a locked bootloader right?

Yes, and you can unlock again with same unlock key (yes, I'm back here, couldn't sleep :p)
    I'll see what I can do as soon as I get the device! With this trick I don't have to worry about one-shot opportunity! ;)