[Q] Rooting

Search This thread

MigzPT

Jun 5, 2014
Hello there,

I am trying to root my Sony Xperia Z ( 6603 ) which is currently on Android 4.4.2 [ Built 10.5.A.0.230 ]

This is my first time rooting my device but what from I have heard, I can do it in 2 different ways.

1 Way

• Downgrade to 4.2.2 [ Built 10.3.A.0.423 ] FTF File Link
  • Use easy rooting method

2 Way

• Unlock Bootloader ( Loose DRM Keys and Warranty, etc )
  • Root the Device

I just want confirm that I might go for the 1st way.

So I simply ( back up if I want)
Copy the .ftf file I downloaded into Firmwares ( Flashtool )
*Download latest drivers?
Flash .ftf file on my device
Follow the Prompts (do the Volume key down and plug etc,)
Wait to complete
Voila! I am back to 4.2.2

Now I just follow the Easy Rooting by Doomlord

Can anybody confirm that this is the correct way? It's I'm kinda newbie to rooting :p

St.Jimmy90

Jul 31, 2013
Frankfurt
Hello there,

I am trying to root my Sony Xperia Z ( 6603 ) which is currently on Android 4.4.2 [ Built 10.5.A.0.230 ]

This is my first time rooting my device but what from I have heard, I can do it in 2 different ways.

1 Way

2 Way

• Root the Device

Wait to complete

Can anybody confirm that this is the correct way? It's I'm kinda newbie to rooting :p

This will work, the needed drivers are in the /Flashtool/Drivers folder. Best is to use windows 7, on 8.1 there have been some problems (don't know correctly about them as I don't use it)

Reactions: MigzPT

Rajeev

Recognized Contributor
Nov 24, 2012
Chennai , I N D I A
Xiaomi 13 Pro
MigzPT

One better and very easy method..

Backup ur TA Partition.. Unlock Ur Bootloader and flash a 4.4.2 Advanced Kernel and Flash a Pre Rooted 4.4.2 rom. Then Relock ur Bootloader. After That switch off phone and Flash a Stripped 4.4.2 kernel via flashtool and flash SuperSU Fix. Done

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
MigzPT

One better and very easy method..

Backup ur TA Partition.. Unlock Ur Bootloader and flash a 4.4.2 Advanced Kernel and Flash a Pre Rooted 4.4.2 rom. Then Relock ur Bootloader. After That switch off phone and Flash a Stripped 4.4.2 kernel via flashtool and flash SuperSU Fix. Done

You need to root to backup your TA partition. As he is already on 4.4.2, there is no way to directly gain root without unlocking the bootloader and erasing his DRM keys.

The only way to gain root now is to either just unlock the bootloader and lose DRM keys forever or by downgrading as already mentioned earlier in the thread. ;)

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Rajeev

Recognized Contributor
Nov 24, 2012
Chennai , I N D I A
Xiaomi 13 Pro
You need to root to backup your TA partition. As he is already on 4.4.2, there is no way to directly gain root without unlocking the bootloader and erasing his DRM keys.

The only way to gain root now is to either just unlock the bootloader and lose DRM keys forever or by downgrading as already mentioned earlier in the thread. ;)

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Yea. TA need Root. I forget that. Some personal problems.. Hee hee. Thanks for the correction...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello there,

1 Way

2 Way

• Root the Device

Wait to complete

This will work, the needed drivers are in the /Flashtool/Drivers folder. Best is to use windows 7, on 8.1 there have been some problems (don't know correctly about them as I don't use it)