Search This thread

xologist

Jun 18, 2009
I'm currently on
Tmobile
Baseband: M919UVUAMDB
Build #: KOT49H.M919UVUFNB4

ROM: Android 4.4.2 Jedi Rom

1. Do I just follow the installation instructions of flashing ROM + Compatibility... being that im on 4.4.2 , or do I need extra steps?
- It also says
"This Rom is able to be installed on the Galaxy S4 Using a MDK Custom Recovery or on 4.3 Base with Safestrap"
I have TWRP... and I dont think I have 4.3 safestrap
2. Can I still install it with TWRP with my current stats?

3. And if I install it, which Kernel should I choose? (read about wifi issues)

Zero System

Aug 23, 2014
Madison
Hello all!
First time poster, long time reader/lurker...

Just wanted to see if there was a common issue with Hyperdrive RLS 18

Issue: somewhat confusing T-Mobile APN/Mobile Networks setup with an issue sending text messages, as well as having no microphone/speaker (no input/output of sound) when receiving/making phone calls.

Description: I was able to flash this just fine, with some finagling of a somewhat unfamiliar landscape for a Tmobile touchwiz android installation, was able to get Text Messaging to send, previously was only receiving and failing on Send. LTE vs H+ symbols depending on Network settings, but still had data connectivity to Tmobile either way.
Additionally, if a phone call is made OR received, it appears to connect through mobile just fine (rings on either end, says connected on either end) however, doesn't actually transmit voice from both handsets to either handset.

Installation steps:
-Factory reset from TWRP
-Wipe Dalvik Cache
-Wipe Cache
Install rom
Chose basically no add-ons, s4 launcher 4x4
Chose Tmobile
Waited 10 minutes+ after reboot.

Baseband: m919uvufnb4
kernel: 3.4.98-kt-sgs4-kk4.4-tw-tmo-07.12.2014-ktoonsez #1

Hardware ver: REV0.7

Security ver: MDF v1.0 Release 2

Had an issue where texts wouldn't send, looked for APN settings and has a lot related to CDMA (I presume due to multi-carrier support)
in More Networks>Mobile Networks...
Mobile data: On
Data Roaming: Off
Network mode: Preferred network mode: GSM/UMTS
System Select: Automatic
CDMA Subscription: NV
Dial-up Networking: off
Default Setup: Automatic

If I change Default Setup to Manual it searches for mobile networks, then I select Tmobile.

Of note:
1. Before I figured #2 out, I flashed it again (following same steps with wipes etc) and used ATT, even worse results. then reflashed again (with so many wipes!) with Tmo in aroma. However, I was getting 4g and LTE symbols and fine data connectivity. Received texts but could not send.

2. I had to change Default Setup from Automatic to Manual and select Tmobile before I could send a text message. Before that it would receive texts, but all sent would fail (regardless of sms app used). After setting Manual Default Setup and Selecting Tmobile my data symbols changed from H+ and 3g (I never got 3g symbols on other roms, so I just presumed when it said LTE it was lte and 4g was.... 3g or some ****)

3. When I do a soft or full reboot, it goes back to showing Automatic, for Default Setup, but doesn't appear to impact my ability to send text messages.

So I hope this block of text is helpful, please let me know what logcats or what I may need to do/test before I get this working. 90% love this rom, but am a little confused at to the setup, and obviously I need to be able to make calls.

Thanks everyone/anyone!

Also let me know if I should delete this and make a new thread, or place this reply somewhere else, I did search!

Last edited: