Spen recognition warps in one particular spot. Calibration issue or am I in for it?

Search This thread

Tsk_Tsk_Tsk

Apr 26, 2013
I have been noticing now that I'm back in school a zone about 2/3 to the left and 2/3 up from bottom of the screen where the pen is read higher or lower than it actually is depend on where in this spot you are. It's about the size of a circus peanut and it's driving me ballistic. Is the a way to recalibrate the spen or am I going to have to get this repaired. Rooted.

ColBill

Apr 6, 2012
Anaheim, CA
I have been noticing now that I'm back in school a zone about 2/3 to the left and 2/3 up from bottom of the screen where the pen is read higher or lower than it actually is depend on where in this spot you are. It's about the size of a circus peanut and it's driving me ballistic. Is the a way to recalibrate the spen or am I going to have to get this repaired. Rooted.

Please be careful but I found the on another thread and was able to get S pen working again by using it:

"dial *#2663# (type from the telephone application) and Wacom firmware update (kernel) --> to restore the spen working"

These upgrades may or may not work for you. Best of luck.:fingers-crossed:

Tsk_Tsk_Tsk

Apr 26, 2013
Thanks yeah i have the past so no dialer here =(. I'll have to investigate the firmware update

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
If your tablet is in a case take the tablet out of your case and retest.

There are many that use hidden magnets embedded within them either for assisting in keeping them closed, making them adjustable (stand positions) or to turn on/off the screen when opened. These tablets are sensitive to magnetic fields and the S-Pen will be affected by magnetic fields as well. Even if you don't suspect that your case has any magnets at all go ahead and remove the tablet anyway just to see.

Post your results.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tsk_Tsk_Tsk

Tsk_Tsk_Tsk

Apr 26, 2013
If you were here I would kiss you. That was totally it. It was such a strange spot I didn't even consider it. <3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If your tablet is in a case take the tablet out of your case and retest.

There are many that use hidden magnets embedded within them either for assisting in keeping them closed, making them adjustable (stand positions) or to turn on/off the screen when opened. These tablets are sensitive to magnetic fields and the S-Pen will be affected by magnetic fields as well. Even if you don't suspect that your case has any magnets at all go ahead and remove the tablet anyway just to see.

Post your results.