[KERNEL][CWM] ardatdat Kernel for Captivate Glide (Rooted/OC/init.d/3G)

Search This thread

ardatdat

Jun 13, 2010
Travel around; but XDA x24
Hi here I back for an updated kernel.

Since I am the kernel developer for Galaxy R and both machines are using tegra2 CPU. I hope that I can re-use the techniques to enhance the kernel for both devices.

I know that I don't own this device (instead, I own a Galaxy R). So, please forgive me!

I have prepared a kernel for i927 that is CWM flashable, below is the change log:

v1.2 (2012-02-13)
=============

- Happy Valentines day! :)
- Fix counter for 3G/wifi data usage (now, you can monitor your usage using common software like 3G watchdog, etc)
- Performance increased by introducing some memory copy macros and functions
- Speed up framebuffer copy

Download:
Version: v1.2
File: i927-boot-ardatdat_v1.2.zip
MD5: EBC6653C05B73954C3045AD1FD655B9E
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?khvgh266jl06a19

v1.1 (2012-01-28)
=============

- For Samsung Captivate Glide only
- CWM flashable
- Rooted (if you have no su in /system/bin/, this kernel will help to put it there)
- Execute any scripts located in /system/etc/init.d/ during boot
- Still, it is OC to 1.2Ghz

Download:
Version: v1.1
File: i927-boot-ardatdat_v1.1.zip
MD5: 833DDEFC7B28191B1AB20D71F3E81CE3
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?ypcac6q34uyyc61

I will further update and enhance this kernel. Thanks vil33 for asking me to prepare it and help to test it and thanks CarpeNoctem for the continuous support. Thanks. :cool:

Next step: OC to 1.35Ghz ; add more CPU governors ; add VR/SIO I/O Scheduler ; more & more :)

Last edited:

vil33

Nov 24, 2011
This kernel is fantastic, using it as my daily driver now. Thanks for your work.

gattman

Jan 24, 2011
I took the plunge and installed your kernel. Everything seems to be working fine. I can finally use Droidwall and TiBu again!

Thanks for your work!

ewoload

Jun 17, 2009
Want to ask if 3g data counter works fine in this device?
If it is not working / counting correctly, I could help to fix the bug in the kernel. Thanks.

I'm having issues with 3g and data when i use "[ROM][30/01/12] i927(r)_2.01.30_OsiMood - Light gets Lighter" had to go to my backup what other info do you need from me.

Never mind stupid user error. Coming over from an old winmo phone and haven't crested the learning curve yet

Last edited:

joshua_tam

Dec 9, 2009

ardatdat

Jun 13, 2010
Travel around; but XDA x24
I can confirm that the previous version will cause locked again.
is it fixed in the updated version?

and is this kernel carrierIQ free?

Yes, carrierIQ free :)

The issue of 'locked' is strange, and should not be occurring... Does everyone experiencing this? If this really occurs on you, then, you may need to use back the stock kernel.

Reactions: vil33 and gabby131

lilbucky

Mar 1, 2008
jerusalem
just wanted to throw in some quick feedback..

1. loving the kernel.. hoping for 1.35oc

2. works perfectly with cranium so far..

3. never relocked my phone

so thanks for your hard work :)

may blessings be showered upon your head

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi here I back for an updated kernel.

Since I am the kernel developer for Galaxy R and both machines are using tegra2 CPU. I hope that I can re-use the techniques to enhance the kernel for both devices.

I know that I don't own this device (instead, I own a Galaxy R). So, please forgive me!

I have prepared a kernel for i927 that is CWM flashable, below is the change log:

v1.2 (2012-02-13)
    =============

- Happy Valentines day! :)
    - Fix counter for 3G/wifi data usage (now, you can monitor your usage using common software like 3G watchdog, etc)
    - Performance increased by introducing some memory copy macros and functions
    - Speed up framebuffer copy

Download:
    Version: v1.2
    File: i927-boot-ardatdat_v1.2.zip
    MD5: EBC6653C05B73954C3045AD1FD655B9E
    Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?khvgh266jl06a19

v1.1 (2012-01-28)
    =============

- For Samsung Captivate Glide only
    - CWM flashable
    - Rooted (if you have no su in /system/bin/, this kernel will help to put it there)
    - Execute any scripts located in /system/etc/init.d/ during boot
    - Still, it is OC to 1.2Ghz

Download:
    Version: v1.1
    File: i927-boot-ardatdat_v1.1.zip
    MD5: 833DDEFC7B28191B1AB20D71F3E81CE3
    Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?ypcac6q34uyyc61

I will further update and enhance this kernel. Thanks vil33 for asking me to prepare it and help to test it and thanks CarpeNoctem for the continuous support. Thanks. :cool:

Next step: OC to 1.35Ghz ; add more CPU governors ; add VR/SIO I/O Scheduler ; more & more :)
    Updated version v1.2 in post #1 !

Now, fix 3G/wifi data counter. Please help to test it :)
    Want to ask if 3g data counter works fine in this device?
    If it is not working / counting correctly, I could help to fix the bug in the kernel. Thanks.
    I can confirm that the previous version will cause locked again.
    is it fixed in the updated version?

and is this kernel carrierIQ free?

Yes, carrierIQ free :)

The issue of 'locked' is strange, and should not be occurring... Does everyone experiencing this? If this really occurs on you, then, you may need to use back the stock kernel.
    Including the gate will still allow for max to be 1200mhz while booting up for people like me always have the max at 1200mhz right? Is there any benefit to having a higher frequency while booting up?

While having the gate, the boot up process will only limit to 216-1000Mhz. And after boot up, the frequency will be controlled by SetCPU :)