Rewrite IMEI

Search This thread

XanthiunZxC

Oct 22, 2013
Is it possible to rewrite my OWN IMEI code into my phone ? i lost mine.. its says NULL when i check IMEI

XanthiunZxC

Oct 22, 2013
Check Marek's thread about how to write your IMEI back onto the device. - You will only be able to write your Orginal IMEI back to it and it'll rebuild your EFS.

Thanks for reply , I cant find Marek's thread.

I appreciate if you could share the link.

Thank you !! :good::good:

More details : My device keep reboot for no reason and seem choppy without IMEI&Baseband ..

Last edited:

speedyjay

Oct 22, 2011
Farnborough
Changing or rewriting your IMEI is a criminal offense. I'd think carefully about it if I were you.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium App

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Changing or rewriting your IMEI is a criminal offense. I'd think carefully about it if I were you.

Changing it is depending on what you change it to or the reasoning for doing so. Rewriting your Original IMEI which you own is not. Especially if you have messed up the device flashing firmware etc. There's a very fine line between illegal and legal. Especially around the world.

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Rosli59564

XanthiunZxC

Oct 22, 2013
Changing it is depending on what you change it to or the reasoning for doing so. Rewriting your Original IMEI which you own is not. Especially if you have messed up the device flashing firmware etc. There's a very fine line between illegal and legal. Especially around the world.

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Do you have the link to Marek's thread...? I still can't find it :crying:

Thanks !

XanthiunZxC

Oct 22, 2013
Last edited:
Reactions: vndnguyen

AO7

Nov 17, 2013

Considering this is the international forum there is no way of knowing what the laws regarding that are in op's country. Rewriting your own imei shouldn't be an offense anyway. Obviously doing it to obscure theft is something else, in that case we agree.

akshayarajdayal

May 5, 2009
Chennai
Thanks for the file !

My devices keeps bootlooping after

"- switch on the phone - should boot normally and work properly " this step :crying:

EDIT : After my device keep bootlooping , i flashed stock ROM , my IMEI is back , Thank you everyone who helped ! and posted in this thread !!

Did you also have Baseband UNKNOWN along with the null/null imei? I haven't tried mirek's method, what do you suggest, i have the same problem.

XanthiunZxC

Oct 22, 2013
Did you also have Baseband UNKNOWN along with the null/null imei? I haven't tried mirek's method, what do you suggest, i have the same problem.

Yes i have baseband UNKNOWN along with null/null IMEI , i restored my IMEI and baseband with this method from mirek's Thread :

adb shell
su

dd if=/external_sd/mmcblk0p1 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p1
dd if=/external_sd/mmcblk0p2 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p2
dd if=/external_sd/mmcblk0p3 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3
dd if=/external_sd/mmcblk0p4 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4
and on....

after that my device started to bootloop , i reflash stock firmware once more , and it worked , my IMEI is back , but my SN is random , Im using MIUI rom not sure that rom affected my SN ?

Reactions: akshayarajdayal

akshayarajdayal

May 5, 2009
Chennai
Is the phone usable ? Can you make calls and use 3g/4g ?

Also, did you use the Fix soft brick.rar files or just the PIT file from mirek ?

Last edited:

XanthiunZxC

Oct 22, 2013
Is the phone usable ? Can you make calls and use 3g/4g ?

Also, did you use the Fix soft brick.rar files or just the PIT file from mirek ?

I used the pit you provided ( thank you very much ) and vndnguyen provided soft brick zip file

Yes im able to use 2G,3G,4G , the phone is working the way it should

I followed all the steps above ""RESTORING SN - SEIAL NUMBER"" Line from mirek's thread

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts